Whats you after WI treat???

Sw say u can treat your syns weekly if thats what u want. So if u have 70 syns weigh in night and then 5 every day you are still within the 105 max syns allowance.
With sw we learn balance so its ok to have 1 night where by you have take away + cake but not every night.

Im going to fess up.
I started sw 12 weeks ago.
For the past 9 weeks. After class... which is 5pm Wednesday. .. I get home and have a full on take away with friends. Also a dessert of usually massive piece of cake cream ice cream biscuits. . The lot.. and have sweets chocolate whatever during the night too. I easoly have 70+syns.
The rest of the week I am 100% on plan and only tend to have around 5 syns a day.
Ive lost almost 3 stone in this time so for jow I dont see it being a big problem so I shall continue to have my binge afyer weigh in.
When I see that im maintaining or gaining I will cut down but until then. ..

Wow, dunno if I could have that kind of self control! For me one night of full on naughties would make me struggle the rest of the week. You have some crazy willpower! :p

I still prefer the occasional syn-calculated treats rather than one day. This week was a one off takeaway on weigh in night that I won't make a habit of.

As i have a saturday morning weight in, I go home and have a SW fry up and then plan my meals to be syn free all day.

I then can have a box of Mikado chocolates 15 syns for whole box but make my feel that i have had a treat all within plan

To the people saying it's a binge, it's not. It's one meal! It's not like they're going home and having a full on day of eating really unhealthily.

If it works for you then why not, personally I couldn't do it as I don't have the willpower to stop but good on you!

Hi I do give myself a treat after weigh in, but its more of a psychological thing! I always buy myself an almond croissant on way home and always have a sit down and croissant before moving on with my sw journey! I always have enough syns from previous week!

See i read this and see take away and think oh that's bad and read almond croissant and think ahhh small treat but there's more syns in an almost croissant (over 20) than having a good choice Indian take away.
But how harmless does an almond croissant seem. Wish I had syns left for one tho.
I was shocked to find out thats there's more syns in a chicken item at mcd's than in a burger I always picked chicken thinking I was making a better choice (pre sw) how wrong I was.

I know almond croissant is so high in syns (i always allow 22) ! But its my one indulgence and if I was to be eating out or take away in week there's no way I'd have the croissant! All about balance! I'm in this for long haul so need to be realistic about this being my lifestyle now and forever so if an allowed for treat keeps me on track so be it! If I fail to loose I'll obviously rethink! (very quickly!)

Ha ha! It is! But I knew the syns before buying it! Well worth the spend in my opinion!

But pre sw I'd have had one on way home from school run 2 or 3 times a week!!! No wonder I'm in place I'm in now!

Been fancying proper ice cream so looked at what tesco/asda have to offer me and loads of ice creams are low! Wispa icecream bars are only 6 syns ;) a white magnum my fave are only 12 syns and there's loads of others. Ice cream for me on Wednesday then!

That's it isn't it it's about choices and also honesty with yourself I think while your honest ull do ok it's when you have the 2 or 3 and go why aren't I loosing or not cutting them out of you do stop loosing.

Or if you have a big treat out of syns as a well done on wi day and then having one cos ur upset on wi that you haven't lost then thinking well I'll have one more treat and start back again tomorrow. That's when it's dangerous to link treats to wi I think.

I used to not eat all day (weighed in at 5pm) and then treat myself to a doner kebab and chips with garlic mayo and bbq sauce after WI.

It didn't really effect my weight loss as such, but I do think it contributed to my binges later in the week.

This time round, I'm not even going to have a post WI treat, whats the point? I don't work hard to lose weight when one night of "treating" could undo all the hard work!

Been fancying proper ice cream so looked at what tesco/asda have to offer me and loads of ice creams are low! Wispa icecream bars are only 6 syns ;) a white magnum my fave are only 12 syns and there's loads of others. Ice cream for me on Wednesday then!

Have a look at low/fat free frozen yoghurts! Even lower in syns :) I don't taste any difference to ice cream but that's just me :p

Yea there my kind of using my syns just love ice cream mite give the magnums a go the white chocolate are a little less in syns I think :):) xx

While I don't have an after WI treat I do regularly treat myself to ice cream. I have Solero Exotic Explosion ice lollies, 3-4 times a week. Syn wise they are a bargain at 4.5. For a box of 3 that are 2.49, not cheap. Often on BOGOF or half price though so I always stock up.

Do you guys still count it to your syns??!

This week was first time that I allowed myself to have an early 'syn binge' after WI so we had a Thai takeaway mine was 40 syns or less, hard to know so going with top end.

This has made me feel awfully guilty all week! BUT I do share the mentality that after WI you feel you can be flexible with syns knowing you have a whole week of hard work. I'd rather have say, 20 syns on post WI than do that the day before!

Anyone go a bit crazy and starve almost BEFORE WI??!! I've slowly pulled myself out of zero food and water, I now have sips of water, but none for 4 hours before, and I can eat fruit and soup at midday before the 5.30pm weighing. I hate the thought of potentially adding a lb in water weight! I avoid carbs also. I do hate my mentality before weighing but can't snap out of it :-/

I do hate WI day before, but the relief after! I have my Healthy B in my handbag so munch on my hi Fi bar and also a banana, then go home and normally cook a huge syn free curry or homemade burgers :) I try to be exciting on a Tuesday a so feel more motivated

I couldn't imagine doing that, eating next to nothing before WI, because your body still needs food/water to function.

Have a look at low/fat free frozen yoghurts! Even lower in syns :) I don't taste any difference to ice cream but that's just me :p
Hmmmm no I want real stuff LOL I have tried the yoo moo yogurts and stuff and they're nice but I want something that feels naughty! The dairy milk buttons cones look nice or the creme egg ones might buy those x

Just a thought (and I wish I'd thought of this when I first started) but how about instead of having a post-WI 'treat' start it as a brand new week and put the money you'd have used for your treat in a jar, then spend it on something (clothes etc) when you reach target. I'm not saying that people don't deserve a treat btw, just thought it was a good idea :p

Back