Whats you favourite thing about your partner..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Now, since we'v all had a good ol ***** about what our OH do that annoys us, i thought now could be the time to share what they do do, that we love about them. Granted your list may not be aslong as the other thread :D but we can give it ago! haha

Il go first,

I love how my other half trys his hardest to please me, he runs around left right and centre for me.. and when im sick, or im not feeling great, even though it doesnt always work, he'l try his hardest to make me feel better, whether its big bummed brian <-- when i was car sick on our way home from holiday, or the massive boquet of red roses and pink lillys and balloon he presented me with after he swept me away to falmouth, cornwall for valentines and i was gutted cause we didnt have a bath LOL and had a paddy, or nipping out a god knows what time to find me all sorts of random goodies when im low. .

and no matter how many times someone tells him i'm high maintinance, and i dont deserve him, even tho its true, he'l always stand up for me and tell them how amazing i am. :D

and how his left eye looks like its a lazy eye when he first wakes up in the morning ahaha

xxx

I love my OH coz at the moment he is organising 2 weekend breaks away for us both. Both of these are to include lots of gorgeous scenery and places to walk (for the body magic). He has emailed places to get menus so that there is definately food I can eat....and he is paying for it all!!!!

He also pays for everything. Because I am job hunting and the job I have at the moment is very low pay, he pays for things and he is also saving money for a deposit so that we can buy a new house and get out of this flat we are in.

He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he is my soul mate, my partner, my best friend and the only person i can ever imagine spending my life with. Most of all, I love him because he puts up with me.............and even I stuggle to do that sometimes!! :) :)

I love my OH coz at the moment he is organising 2 weekend breaks away for us both. Both of these are to include lots of gorgeous scenery and places to walk (for the body magic). He has emailed places to get menus so that there is definately food I can eat....and he is paying for it all!!!!

He also pays for everything. Because I am job hunting and the job I have at the moment is very low pay, he pays for things and he is also saving money for a deposit so that we can buy a new house and get out of this flat we are in.

He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he is my soul mate, my partner, my best friend and the only person i can ever imagine spending my life with. Most of all, I love him because he puts up with me.............and even I stuggle to do that sometimes!! :) :)

Thats SO sweet, .. Joe also pays for absoloutly everything, and i am so gratful that he has teh job he does.. abnd hes also saving for us to move.. which is great.. ur blokey sounds so supportive doing so much research for u!! Bless!

Awww.....ladies...what supportive men you have.....it's really nice xxx

oooh my lovely Hubby, I am so lucky. Ok the big things, he loves me for the person I am and has never ever comented on my size, told me I looked georgeous even when I was nearly 24 stone, he is my love, my life.

We've been through alot of fertility treatment together and he has be my strenght when I felt I couldnt go on and my solace when it failed over and over.

He was my rock thoughout adopting our three beautiful children and he is the most wonderful Daddy.

He makes me a cup of tea every morning Last week I hired a biked and cycled for the first time in years and years and he bought the bike there and then to help me along!He hoovers, cleans the windows, grows our veg best of all though he hates football!

My lovely Rob:)

It's helpful to have supportive partners especially when slimming. Me and my boyfriend had this conversation the other day:
Me: Did you know baked beans and spaghetti hoops are free?
BF: No, I did not know that! You'll have to show me a list of your free foods and I'll think up loads of recipes to cook for you.

^_^

My most favourite thing's about my husband is his laughter, his patience, his easy going manner, his support and care of me (I have rheumatoid arthritis) his friendship and love, and the rotten way he tell's a joke, he is so long winded and always forgets the punchline, LOL....

I have known him almost 42 years (married almost 40) and I adore him as much today as I did when I first met him, I would be totally lost without him in my life, Bless him.

My imaginary OH is really hot. Yup. That's my favourite thing, since he is imaginary. Oh...and he's made of cambridge diet stuff that tastes like Nutella which makes his bits really tastey.

Do I win? :)

Favourite things about my OH? Fern you just had to, didn't you? The complaining thread was much more entertaining (and easier!). But anyway, I'll give it a go (in no special order):

I love that he is so funny. Really, really witty and fast.
I like that he often compliments me on how I look.
I'm grateful and touched by the amount of effort he has put into bringing up my son and becoming a father to him.
I like that he is so tall (6' 6'') and had gorgeous blue eyes.
I love how clever he is and how amazing his memory is.
I like the fact that I can fit his entire bottom into just about one hand.
I love his Northern accent.
I like that he is younger than me and wears skinny jeans and sexy t-shirts and drapes himself over furniture looking obscenely hot.
I like his taste in music.
I like that he is always reading.
I like that he is all geeky and nerdy about TV shows (Buffy, Babylon 5, BSG etc.)
I'm grateful to Mother Nature, who blessed him with an "asset" that is truly in keeping with his height. :D

I've been seeing my b/f for about 8.5 years now. He can be a troubled soul sometimes, which isn't surprising given his background, but at the core of his being I see this sweet, sensitive man, with a wonderful sense of humour, a caring soul, remarkably intelligent and musically gifted. His cooking skills were very, um... blokey when I met him, but I've taught him to cook a few things and he quickly adopts them as "his recipes" and he'll decide to cook for us sometimes and he'll say "I'll do my pasta bake for us" or whatever recipe it is... and I just smile inwardly and think, 'you mean my pasta bake'... but I never say anything. He's just so pleased to be able to create a nice meal, and to be honest, he's honed his version so that it's actually nicer than mine now! I am very proud of him for trying so hard to fight through his troubled past to become a better man. He's my best friend and despite some very turbulent times, I bless the day I met him.

everything, i appreciate everything he does and says because he rescued me when i needed rescuing and made me realise that a man is not a real man unless he can make a life out of making you happy. some people in life are genuinely awesome there is no other word to describe the fact that every day i look at him and think i am the luckiest person in the world to have found someone that brings out the best person i am. i am an extremely lucky person and to top it all he even cooks lol

My beautiful husband.....
Has always told me I am beautiful, regardless of my weight and never made me feel like I should diet, but absolutely supported my decisio if I have
Is the only person whose company doesn't annoy me after 10 minutes
Has no conception of 'male' and 'female' roles, so actually does more than 50% of the housework
Strokes my feet every night
Sends me romantic texts throughout the day when I am working away from home
Is one of the most interesting, intelligent, funny people I have ever met
Is fit and cute all at once

This one is especially important to me after him telling me yesterday that he was feeling a bit unappreciated :( He had been doing a lot around the house and felt I was taking him for granted.

My partner has been in my life for over 2 years now and we have been through many ups and downs already. Losing jobs, losing a pregnancy, illness, deaths in the family and the behavior of my daughter.

He calls my daughter his daughter and treats her like his own, this to me is such a huge and special gift! He has had his own struggles and after the support of me has overcome them and always promised to talk to me and share with me when he needs help.

He is my bestfriend, always making me laugh with both his funny and unfunny jokes hehe. He is gorgeous and has the most amazing blue eyes. He supports me in everything I do and want to do, he listens when I need a rant or a cry and holds me if there is nothing else he can do to help. He knows when something is wrong and will ask and ask until I open up because he knows it will make me feel better.

He has always told me I am beautiful and that he loves me for everything that I am, I just hope he knows that I feel the same and always want to!

My OH always makes me smile when I am feeling down by being silly until I can't help but laugh. If that doesn't work he gives the best hugs that make everything better.

He puts up with my moods and bad days.

He always tries his best to make me happy by helping round the house, driving me places to get diet food at the drop of a hat, taking me out and about when I get bored in the house and telling me he's proud of me for learning to drive, getting a new job, loosing weight - whatever it is I've achieved.

He's very sweet

It's nice to see how many of us have amazing OHs (imaginary or not hehe ;) )

Here are my fave things about my OH:

He is the most supportive, understanding and considerate man I have ever dated, and what's more he loves me enough to want to marry me :)

When we met, he was a total Peter Pan. He was happy living at home (he was 29 when we met) and being young, free and single. I wouldn't say he was childish but he certainly didn't want to 'grow up'. I couldn't understand it in a way because I was scarily independent - I bought my own place at 23 and had lived away from home since 18 (uni etc). Anyway, I fell for him before I fully appreciated this fact and though I wasn't then wanting a serious-serious relationship I eventually grew fed up of how it was going. We lived 40miles apart and I couldn't then drive, so I saw him when it suited him. He was never deliberately *annoying*, but after a few months I had had enough and walked away.

After a few weeks, he sent me a text asking if he could see me. He took me to the beach and told me how sorry he was for his actions and that he realised after I walked away how stupid he had been. Over a couple of months we re-built the foundations and he was was totally different when it came to the relationship (but still the man I loved).

Now, he's the most devoted, loving, caring and considerate person and I am lucky to have him. His Mum thinks I'm magic as she admitted she never thought he'd settle down.

I am terrified by the idea of marriage (always have been) but with him it's not so scary...and I cannot wait until we can book the wedding - something I never expected to happen for me.

And most importantly, I love him because I can be ME with him - something I never had before and something I cherish with my whole heart.

:D

hehe, granted the other thread was much easier and amusing, but i knew it'd make everyone dig deep and we'd all be able to come up with somthing!

tehe. It sounds like we all have amazing Oh's.. imaginary or not!!

does your imaginary bf have an 'off' button Coley???? :D

I love that my OH just gets me. Don't need to explain things.

That we sometimes seem to be so different but in fact are so similar.

That he is still affectionate and loving towards me, even when I can't understand why.

That I can take him into any room, walk out and know when I go back he'll have people laughing.

I love that he just loves me for me, irrelevant of weight, moods etc..

Ahhh... that's so sweet. You are lucky to have such a supportive OH. That's amazing that he's arranging the weekend breaks in a way that really helps you like that! xx

My DH is my bestest friend in the whole world. We have been together since I was 15 (now 33) and he still wants to be with me! Lol.
He can make me laugh and is a great shoulder when I need to cry.
Plus, even though we are both petrified of spiders (me more than him), he always comes to my aid and gets rid of them for me!!!

my OH is loveing, kind, funny ect whenever I am down he can always make me feel better and always makes me laugh. He is so affectionate always cuddles and kisses me and tells me he loves me all the time. He appreciates whatever I do for him and just loves me for who am. I feel I am a very lucky to have him.

Back