what's your average weight loss and when should you reach target?

broxi

ButtErFly
Just wondering how long people will be taking to get to target. I should be at mine by Christmas 2013 if I lose one 1lb a week which is my average! Quite a long time but then I enjoy eating like this and everyday is a day where I am a bit lighter so I'm trying to stay positive.

How long is a piece of string? Some people are very lucky and have consistent losses each week until target, others however will struggle to get there, maybe hit a plateau with weight loss. Some will go off and on plan and take the scenic route (like me!)

I have been quite lucky, I have lost weight every single week, right to target a couple of weeks ago, and still losing. I will fall out of target this week and need to set a new target. I have tended to lose about three pounds a week, but that has slowed right down in the last month.

I had been at a 2.5lb per week average but that's sped up recently. Should be 45lb down but I'm 47lb down so just a little over, have been over for only 3 weeks though! But I still have over 3 st to go so I probably need it!

I've been on SW since May (27 weeks) so on average I've lost 1.1lbs a week. Within that time I've had 4 or 5 weeks off plan due to holidays or travelling with work, because sometimes life just gets in the way - and so it should.

I'm hoping to get to target by Christmas, which will be 37lbs in 34 weeks. Would I have liked to have lost it quicker? Well, yes, in an ideal world, I would have liked to have shifted it in a couple of weeks! But actually, the last 6 months on SW have really changed the way I think about food. I really enjoy my little treat every evening, rather than just mindlessly eating and I make far better choices when I'm out and about too. I know in my heart that I can keep this weight off forever - and if I'd done some crazy VLCD or something, that would definitely not be the case.

You just have to stick to and trust the plan and the weight comes off in its own time. Like you say, eating like this is actually really enjoyable so the end result is worth the wait.

Good luck with the rest of your journey :) xx

Pretty much yeah. I prefer it cos it's stricter, I don't follow on with the 'have unlimited amounts of x' like extra easy. It might well work for people, who knows, but it's notmy thing

I have very few green days cos I love my meat but i have the odd green meal

That is interesting as I have only ever done the red and green plans. Got to target on them too :) I did them because I'm not that good with veg and dont like salad so thought the other plans were better for me, and I did S W years ago and it worked then. Even though I am at target I still do red and green days. Think its a shame that these arent really mentioned in group now as its not a one size fits all is it?

I did EE for the first 4 months and loved it, but then I hit a bit of a plateau so since then have been mixing it up between all 3, which seems to be working pretty well. They do say variety is the spice of life! x

I lost the first 5 stone in 10 months , but despite sticking to plan 100%, the sixth stone took 4 long months to shift! That's why I think it'd pointless when the Consultant asks us to give a mini target for the week. I always refuse to (much to her annoyance) as I think it's a waste of time. Nobody can guarantee a certain amount of weight lost in a specific time. I just intend to carry on giving it 100% until I reach target, and I haven't a clue when that will be!

That is interesting as I have only ever done the red and green plans. Got to target on them too :) I did them because I'm not that good with veg and dont like salad so thought the other plans were better for me, and I did S W years ago and it worked then. Even though I am at target I still do red and green days. Think its a shame that these arent really mentioned in group now as its not a one size fits all is it?

Wow that's really impressive, must've been difficult to do someof the stuff when you don't like veg or salad, that's basically my staple! Yeah I would guess that's why they don't promote red/green more. Most of my plate is stacked up with superfree anyway so I suppose I'm doing EE in a way, I try not to have carbs and stuff (which is bad, but it works better for me I feel)

I lost the first 5 stone in 10 months , but despite sticking to plan 100%, the sixth stone took 4 long months to shift! That's why I think it'd pointless when the Consultant asks us to give a mini target for the week. I always refuse to (much to her annoyance) as I think it's a waste of time. Nobody can guarantee a certain amount of weight lost in a specific time. I just intend to carry on giving it 100% until I reach target, and I haven't a clue when that will be!
Yeah that doesn't surprise me that it took the longest to shift, cos your weight loss slows the lighter you get. I mean, I was watching 'the biggest loser' and there was a 30st man on who lost 2st+ in the first week, just says it all really doesn't it? I expected a plateau before tbh but thus far..nothing! Preparing myself for that day though because I think I'll be a bit gutted. I do prefer to follow what I've projected myself to lose per week, but if I don't match it, it's not the end of the world - as you say, I'll just keep on giving it 100% til I'm at target.

Also - but I believe this goes without saying - 6 stone is a HUGE amount, you should be so proud!! You've lost like 1 victoria beckham!!

Exactly! How can you predict what your weightloss will be week to week. I can only do my best and my average is 1lb a week so it will take its time. Interesting to hear how you're all doing.x

Back