WHAT'S YOUR COUNSELLOR LIKE?

Mine's a goodie too. She's always been supportive of me throughout my time on CD (nearly 8 months now), and just as supportive as my sponsor now I'm a CDC myself.

I certainly hope to be one of the 'good guys' myself now :)

However, more good would be done I suspect, if their concerns were reported privately to the company themselves in order that their CDCs may be counselled and if necessary corrected, rather than rather publicly shaming them over the net.

Since no one has actually named their CDC and I don't know any of the people posting here - I don't think anyone has been "publicly shamed". I could very easily go to any one of the "not-so-good" CDCs without ever suspecting they had been mentioned on this thread.

Now if someone had said... "My CDC, Peggy Mitchell, Albert Square is rubbish and never calls".. it would be different!

However, more good would be done I suspect, if their concerns were reported privately to the company themselves in order that their CDCs may be counselled and if necessary corrected, rather than rather publicly shaming them over the net. A personal view which I sure will be supported by some and of course not others.

More good would be done for who? Im in the situation where I dont feel particularily inspired by my Counsellor but at the same time at least she can get me the stuff. Im hardly going to report her to the company if it means that she may stop doing it as I have no other option but to go to her as there is only another one in Northern Ireland who is actively doing it. Im going to continue with my counsellor. Im wondering if maybe she is just a bit fed up with the whole thing. May I can motivate her in some way by having good weightloss and letting her think that she helped me and inspired me even if she didnt. Maybe she is a product of her own making. Maybe she dosent get positive feedback and maybe thats why she isnt very excited about it all and treats it like she isnt interested. I would very much doubt that she is a member of the forum by the way, because I mentioned it and she said she had no time for computers and the internet.

Mine's ace!

I have to say that I would like to think that my CDC is going to become a great friend too,.:D We've only met the once but she was absolutely brilliant - honest, frank, no bull, full of information and experience. I told her I was glad she was still slim as if she hadn't been I would have been very disillusioned about whether CDC actually worked, and, I would not have had a great deal of respect for her as one who is there to encourage me to get to where I need to be. I KNOW she is on here, but I am being dead honest about this.

:D Ailsa - you are the tops and I am SO chuffed that you are the one I rang. :D

I have to drive for about 40 minutes to get to her, but you know what, that's all a part of my committment to doing this. If I am not prepared to put myself out to make a life-changing and improving difference then I'm saying I'm not worth it, :confused: and hell, I AM!!:D (I wanna be in that L'Oreal advert!!)

I have diarised Tuesday evenings as being my time to meet with her and see how the scales are coping with what I've been doing. I'm REALLY looking forward to next Tuesday because, in addition to seeing results, I also get to sit and chat with Ailsa again and catch up on how her week has been too! :) (Not in a freaky - stalker-crush kind of way! I'm not a nutter! - well, not THAT kind!):rolleyes:

gaijingirl & happygal

I note your comments and of course respect your views. I just happen to have different ones.

If you feel offended in anyway by my stance and felt in some way it may have been personal to either of you in particular, I apologise.

No Not at all Brad. Im just in a tricky position with only having one supplier that I can use. If I had more then I would certainly even say more blatently to my counseller that I didnt feel she was being helpful. Im totally scared that she will decide to give up you see because she looks as if she is in her late 60s early 70s. Her age may be a factor and perhaps she dosent have as much energy as she used to but she also has a totally hectic life, so being a CDC is really only a part time thing for her and she seems to view it as a bit of an inconvienience but be loathe to give it up because she feels she is helping people by getting it for them and because she is the only one in the area then maybe thats a lot of pressure. I mean I had hoped that I would be seeing my CDC every week for the bit of a progress report and motivation and weighing and measuring but Im not. So at the moment I feel like Im a second rate CD user and Im getting it off the black market or something. lol

gaijingirl & happygal

I note your comments and of course respect your views. I just happen to have different ones.

If you feel offended in anyway by my stance and felt in some way it may have been personal to either of you in particular, I apologise.

I'm not offended at all. I'm not even on CD! :D You were concerned about CDCs being publicly shamed and I'm just pointing out that no one has been publicly shamed. The only person I now know the name of is a CDC called Ailsa who happens to be brilliant. She's the only person who has been publicly outed in any way at all - and then only to say how great she is!

In fact, I think you're right.. publicly shaming CDCs on the internet wouldn't necessarily help and actually would likely lead to all kinds of problems for mimimins.com as well.

Hi All
Thank you so much for your replies. One of the reasons why I wanted to start a thread like this was to get some feedback from people who are on the Cambridge diet. I did not use it as a tool to "name and shame" certain counsellors. I wanted to learn from it myself and indeed I have. I think the email throughout the week to congratulate and encourage people is a great idea. Even the idea of recommending further reading and sites like this one is also brilliant.
I think the thread also brings to light that as well as paying for products, people are also paying for a service, and people reading this thread should suggest things to their counsellor, so hopefully they can improve their counsellor skills. I would welcome any suggestions from my clients. For example, one lady wanted to see if I could arrange a liitle group meeting throughout the week, and I have taken her suggestion on board, and I am in the process of sorting this out.
Once again, thanks so much.
x Sam

My CDC is fab. She'd shown me her BEFORE pics and how well she is maintaining. She is honest that she still has a holiday of food before using the SS to get back on track, not in a yo-yo kind of way but to stop herself going beyond 7lbs from target.
She is easy to chat to and isn't hindered by my slip ups because she tells how she'd overcome them. She did weigh & measure at the start and now weighs every visit. She'll get back to my messages (usually text) and holds down a full time career and family. She's fab.
It's me who thinks I'd better get those pounds off but it's her who is the active encouragement and gives me the feel-good success factor when I leave her house.
It's a shame there are CDCs who lack motivation because that is a key reason for me to visit one in the first place, I need the help and support from someone who has been there.

OMG I can't believe what I am reading here!! I am so glad I am on Lipotrim, I buy it from my pharmacist, and intend going all the way on it. Support is so important. Why do you all put up with bad service - it is beyond belief. I think Cambridge ought to get their finger out and I hope some good comes out of this thread.
Pam xx

OMG I can't believe what I am reading here!! I am so glad I am on Lipotrim, I buy it from my pharmacist, and intend going all the way on it. Support is so important. Why do you all put up with bad service - it is beyond belief. I think Cambridge ought to get their finger out and I hope some good comes out of this thread.
Pam xx

With respect:D ... I think that, as ever, negative comments tend to appear more often than positive (it's simply human nature to complain more than compliment) and, my CDC is fabbo and I would guess, given the number of site members on CD and the relatively low response rate to this thread, that there is a silent majority who are more than happy with the level of service and care and support they are receiving.:D

There will be, on any and every diet plan ever invented, good service and bad service, positives and negatives... I think this thread shows that to a certain degree, and I agree that it should highlight some particular areas for particular needs of additional training or support for the CDC to enable them to be all they wish and hope to be for their clients.:D

SO impressed by your plans and determination by the way... looking forward to reading all about it!:D

Thanks for reply, I was just under the impression that all CDs would have a uniform attitude and standard of service. I would also have thought there would be monitoring of service. But really as I am not on CD I won't bother too much about it! Lipotrim doesn't have the variety and flavours of CD, but I think I would rather be monitored by Pharmacist. That's is just my personal preference. Other people would rather have the benefits of a CD diet. Thanks for reading my blog. When it all comes down to it, we are all on this post on vlcds, and all have the temptations of food at times. How we deal with it? Well I am not sure a CDC or a Pharmacist can help that much. I find more support on forums!!!
Pam xx

I have to say my CDC is brilliant. She rings me during the week to see how I've got on, she's always letting me swap products and try new things. When she first came she said she would come fortnightly, I asked her if she could come weekly and she does. She's very supportive and also inspirational as she lost over 3 stone herself on cambridge. I think to be a CDC people have to practice what they preach and just be supportive. Knowing your CDC cares really makes a difference.

Thanks to all the supportive counsellor's out there x

Originally Posted by Lady_in_London
Pam xx

Hi Ya Lady in London

I was honestly shocked that my CDC wasnt wonderful, simply because of the amount of wonderful CDCs there are. Saying Cambridge should get their finger out is a tad harsh because (to be fair) I havent actually built a good enough relationship with my CDC to feel I can aproach her with my disappointments. Each Pharmacy should have a uniform service as well but some pharmacy's have been caught up in scandals such as selling prescription drugs to people who dont have a prescription etc. This is the small minority of Pharmacists though and it is therefore not what you expect from the Pharmacist. Likewise Harold Shipman qualified to be a doctor but you would not expect other doctors to be murderers simply because he was.

I would recommend Cambridge because the sheer amount of people who have a wonderful CDC far outweighs the minority who dont.

You will find a small minority of people in any profession who let their profession down and I dont think that its possible for any profession to have a group of perfect people.

What we have on this thread are a number of peoples perceptions of their CDC counseller and dont forget that one persons perception may be completely different to anothers (simply due to differences in expectations or personality clashes).

This is completely different of course from the complaints of not being able to pick what you buy etc because these of course are material facts and arent down to perception. My CDC did let me choose what flavours I wanted so for that point I am blessed.

Who knows, as me and my CDC travel on the journey together we may end up being the best of buddies and I may find out that I was wrong and that she is a different person than I thought she was. It is possible and Im open to admit it if I find that out.

To be honest I wouldn't have known there was anything better out there than the way my cdc was if I hadn't found this website. The only reason why I wasn't happy with my cdc is that I saw other people were getting so much better treatment. I did feel a bit let down even before I saw what others were like because as they're called counsellors I was expecting more than just going there to pick up packs and thats it. I didn't feel she was approachable if I was having difficulties so for my that's why. I know she wouldn't be reading what I've written because she said she doesn't have the internet. I am the kind of person who doesn't like confrontation so I'd rather find someone better than to complain about her. If she did read this site then I think she probably would be a much better cdc

Hi Ya
Well I went to my CDC after already being on this site for a while and to be honest I probably had a bit of a tall order for her to match. The CDCs on this site all seem to be wonderful and I imagine that they all have superwoman/man capes tucked away in their closets. I still have to try and build a relationship with my CDC (which will be hard if she only affords me 15 mins each time I see her) but Im open to doing a U turn and changing my views and eating humble pie if she turns out to be even a quarter the counseller that some of those on here are.

There is the other thing and that is that Im currently training to be a Counseller (general counseller not CDC) and I do expect that certain things come with the title. For instance Non- judgemental attitude and unconditional positive regard etc. This may be difficult for CDCs though because Im not sure how stringent the counselling side of the training is.

Frances was my CDC and i was so happy with her. She didnt time my visits...always at the end of the phone or at least a call back within a short space of time...no down cast eyes, nothing but sweet support!!!

...We laughed and joked about Pizza and wheres the best place to get a good tasty Pizza...

I chewed her ears off when i was thinking of straying...bless her patients of a saint. Talked me through my options...

Yup, there are good ens out there...sadly shes left...

I felt totally at home in her home.

Ivy

CDC Counsellor

My husband and I (his name isn't Phillip lol) have been on the CD diet for 5 days now. My counsellor is great ( I called a couple before I felt I had found someone I could relate to)she spent 11/2 hours on our first visit, measured and weighed us. Told us the ups and downs. Sorted our packs (loads to choose from) gave me her home,email and mobile number (and this website address:D ). She has rung me twice to see how we are faring and to give us support and is even bringing me some different flavours tomorrow as there are some I cannot stomach.:) She has successfully lost weight on the diet and is an inspiration :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back