whats your dream way of losing weight and are you using it now if not why not?

breadbin

might sound like a silly question but if you had a magic button and you could lose the weight guaranteed, how would you do it? i.e. liposuction, surgery, exercise, atkins/low carb, calorie counting etc. and is this the way you're doing it now and if not why not? ill start...

if i had a dream way of losing weight it would be to exercise more so that my calories out > calories in. i wouldn't change my diet cos i really love food and it would make me unhappy to give up stuff that i love. its not so bad either most of the time:) also exercise makes me feel amazing so its win win. only motivation stopping me from losing weight this way. motivation to get up off the couch:( i still can't understand that if i love exercising why do i find it so hard to do it?

Liposuction + gastric bypass to then maintain my weight forever. Quick, easy, (almost) painless. I know it's cowardly but it's not like I'm doing it :D

I think my dream method would have to be the way I am doing it now. Calories in v's calories out. Intense daily exercise. I get the power of knowing I have the willpower to control calories in and on top as an added bonus I get the power to know I have the motivation to do an hour of training a day most days of the week. I thrive from the feeling that comes from a good work out.

There is nothing better than going to bed at night knowing you have given your all towards achieving something you want so badly. You feel so motivated and amazing to know you are succeeding that you want to carry on day in and day out.

I think it is the easiest way to change a lifestyle for good.

For me it would have to be exercise, I just dont seem to have enough hours in the day to do some, and by the time i sit down at night im to tired....not quite sure how I can change that one

Not sure what my dream way would be. Hate dieting, although Go Lower doesn't really feel like a diet, but it is still diet!, hate exercise, far too much like hard work...that really only leads surgery and would never have that. After I had my daughter, there were complications and I had to have plastic and reconstructive surgery (really long story) anyway, it was painful and I was in hospital for over 2 weeks away from my daughter, I vowed I would never have surgery for a vain reason - the pain is not worth it...

Fingers crossed Go Lower will (and is) work(ing) and I won't have to think of any other dream way...

Good luck to one and all.
xx

Good question! My ultimate dream diet would be a vlcd like CD where I'd have the ease of my first try and not think about food at all. I would then refeed properly, regaining minimal, if any weight. I'd eat sensible portions following my hunger cues and not go back to my old ways, becoming more obsessed with food than ever.

My second fave would be LC, I just can't seem to stick with it longer than a few days. I'm currently having 3 meals a day and nothing in between and when I am used to that I will look at reducing carbs.:)

Liposuction + gastric bypass to then maintain my weight forever. Quick, easy, (almost) painless. I know it's cowardly but it's not like I'm doing it :D

^ Same.

x

I think my dream way would be just not to have to think about food at all, for it just not to be an issue. To naturally choose to eat healthier options rather than wish I could have a massive portion of anything high cal.

Of course that's not going to happen any time soon, so calorie counting it is :) I like doing it this way, it's on my terms. I'm getting used to a more "normal" portion size of all foods and learning how satisfying lower cal options can be.

its great to see such diverse answers:) was kinda under the impression my way was the only way as bad as it sounds:( thanks for bringing me back down to earth:)

yeah i think the brain thing would be great. you see some lads eating like there's no tomorrow and not a pick on them - coke, chocolate, crisps etc. not that i want to eat that stuff!! but yeah it would be nice not to have the comfort eating, greed and guilt and all that:)

Love the idea of a brain swap, although not with my OH. Would swap with my younger sister. She has always been thin ever since we were kids. She hates, cream! yes people she's never had a cream cake coz she doesn't like the taste!! She also doesn't like any fizzy drinks and the thought of eating more than a few squares of chocolate over the course of a week is just unheard of. So a brain swap and perhaps taste bud swap with my little sister sounds like fun!

xx

Love the idea of a brain swap, although not with my OH. Would swap with my younger sister. She has always been thin ever since we were kids. She hates, cream! yes people she's never had a cream cake coz she doesn't like the taste!! She also doesn't like any fizzy drinks and the thought of eating more than a few squares of chocolate over the course of a week is just unheard of. So a brain swap and perhaps taste bud swap with my little sister sounds like fun!

xx

ah now thats goin a bit too ott, no choccie or cream cakes....EVER?!:eek::D:giggle:

To lose the weight I would go with surgery, if I could wake up and feel fine the next day.

Then to maintain like Allie I want to be hypnotised but not to give up the choccies etc, just to eat them ocassioanlly. I want to be able to eat lots of veggies and salads and not be so fussy about food!

I did mention being hypnotised to my Go Lower consultant to eat more veggies when I first started the diet and she said if I wanted to and it would help with my eating and weight loss why not. I thought I would see how things went first and as I am doing really well with Go Lower I have decided to save my money!

Okay confession time: yes I've been hypnotized and when that didn't work I tried (wait for it....) colonic irrigation. This was during my almost-desperate phase. I say almost-desperate because after that I tried bulimia and laxatives. Not a pretty story I know. And none of it worked.

The hypnotism didn't work for me in that I went "under" but whatever the implanted messages were they didn't seem to resonate in real life. I can't say I felt any benefit at all. I had several (expensive) sessions before giving up. I think this had been my "dream diet": be brainwashed into not wanting to eat all the time. So my reality is that there is no magic bullet to help me but we know that out there somewhere there are loads of scientists looking for it because it would make more than a Dyson vaccuum. Maybe one day they'll find it.

I spoke to my GP about hypnosis...was curious about their response and if I could get it on the NHS as I'm so obese. Response went some thing like this:
"Yes it's a good idea, you can try it and no we don't recommend anyone and no you can't get it on the NHS" No more was said!

Would only go to a recommended therapist, but the good ones cost a fortune. Knew someone who went to see a hypnosis show, she was watching in the audience and before she knew it, she is now a vegetarian!!

Anyway, Go Lower is working for me as it is for SuzyK, so hopefully won't need a hypnotherapist - ever.

xx

Don't think I would ever go to a hypnosis show coz knowing me I'd be dragged up so I wouldn't risk it. Hubby went a couple of times years ago to give up smoking (that's his vice - mine is eating and drinking). He stopped for a while but then started again, I don't think it did any good, but he tried hard coz he didn't like to think of the money wasted on the hypnotherapy.

While Go lower is working for you I wouldn't change anything. How long have you been on Go lower? Have they told you that you could lose a stone a month too?

Tracey

don't think i'd go to hypnotherapist, a friend of a friend (ha ha, always a friend of a friend;)) but yeah i know someone who went and he gave up smoking but it changed him to bits to such an extent his wife was offering him cigarettes to bring him back!!

but i've also heard of success stories too so;)

Don't think I would ever go to a hypnosis show coz knowing me I'd be dragged up so I wouldn't risk it. Hubby went a couple of times years ago to give up smoking (that's his vice - mine is eating and drinking). He stopped for a while but then started again, I don't think it did any good, but he tried hard coz he didn't like to think of the money wasted on the hypnotherapy.

While Go lower is working for you I wouldn't change anything. How long have you been on Go lower? Have they told you that you could lose a stone a month too?

Tracey

Tracey, yep, Go Lower told me I will loose a stone a month, and I never believed them. However, so far so good. 1st month was a stone gone and I'm well on track for my 2nd stone loss in my 2nd month! Have you tried it before? I'm really loving it...Although I do like to cook, Go Lower is great coz it provides all your meals for you, you just top up with fruit and veg. It means I don't have to think about it, which is why I love it so much and there are snacks too! What more can you ask for?!

xx

Back