Whats your fave SW compliant 'naughty' meal

bobbedazzler

I mean one that makes you feel like you're being naughty even though its on plan?

ie/ SW chips etc.

I'm currently eating a home made syn free curry (minus the rice) and am feeling very naughty indeed.

Jo x

Oh there are so many, especially now with EE!
I love "fried eggs" chips and mushy peas, fish chips and mushy peas, jacket potato with cheese and beans or chilli or bolognaise oh and my weekend cooked breakfast of bacon, low fat sausages, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Diet? What diet!!!

im eating free curry just now and feels sooooo good.. i fecking love this diet! not a single syn used today yet! x

Giant quorn chilli and mounds of rice, or morrisons sausages or a within syn night on the pop - all make me feel naughty and wonder if I'll ever lose at next weigh in!!

Its fab isnt it! Even eating a pasta n sauce feels terribly indulgent to me after following low carb in the past. Jo x

Batchelors rice or pasta and sauce just that alone is astonishing to me, I spent so long not eating them or feeling guilty if I did but now I eat them with meat or quorn as well its mind blowing!

my huge jacket spud i am tucking into with a mountain of beans and cottage cheese.

the girls in the office must think i am a right old pig, after their little sarnie with 1 slice of ham in it!

Pork and apple burger with caramelized onions, sw chips and corn on the cob...fan-bloody-tastic.

My fiorentina pizza, wonderful SW curries and samosas, steak and chips, risotto, burgers - all treats that feel 'cheaty' but are completely on plan

love this 'diet' :D

Well for mine I used half a tin of tomatoes and half a carton of pasata (because they were left over in the fridge) then I added a chopped onion and a chopped red pepper then I just basically threw in a load of herbs, spices and curry powder.

I think I put Madras curry powder in this one along with garlic, chilli, cumin, oh a splash of white wine vinegar, a touch of sweetner, errrm, mixed herbs and then just left it to reduce down to a thick sauce (about half an hour) and threw in a handful of coriander towards the end.

Hubby (who's a bit of a curry expert) said it tasted very much like a Rogan Josh

You can mix in some 0% greek yog at the end (off the heat) to make it creamier if you like.

HTH - sorry I don't have quantities etc, I just kept throwing bits in.

Jo x

SW publishes a wonderful hardbackbook of curry recipes and most of them are syn free. Recently there was a chicken curry recipe in the magazine and not many months back there was a curry recipe supplement with the mag. Have you searched the recipes? I would imagine there are several on there, if not, let us know the sort of thing you are after and someone can probably help!

I just fry onions, garlic, ginger and spices (whatever I have to hand), sometimes just madras curry powder, sometimes cumin, coriander, mustard seeds and turmeric. Then I add some tinned tomatoes and a spoon of sweetener and let it reduce. Then add whatever meat/fish I am using.
You can blend the sauce prior to adding the meat if you like a smoother sauce and also add yoghurt at the end if you like.

Baked beans Lasagne Favourite Meal

Hi
One of my fav meals is Baked Bean Lasagne heres the recipe
Ingredients:
2 large onions, thinly sliced
2 chopped red peppers
Mushrooms
2 tins baked beans
2 tins chopped tomatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
Garlic
Dash of Worcestershire sauce & soy sauce
Lasagne sheets
168g grated reduced fat cheese
Fry-light

Method
Fry onions, peppers & mushrooms in Fry-light until soft
Add beans & chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper & garlic
then Worcestershire sauce & soy sauce & mix all together
Layer in casserole dish, alternating tomato mixture with lasagne sheets
Cover with foil & bake in oven 200 degrees for 30-35 mins
Uncover, sprinkle grated cheese on top & bake for further 5 mins
Syn free on green (HEa for cheese) & it serves 4

I do like hot & spicy so I add dash of Tabasco & extra herbs (usually Asda's dried Italian herbs) or some finely chopped fresh chilli.
I usually I have it with salad & SW chips .... enjoy :D

Robyn

A HUGE steak and SW chips!

Chicken curry with noodles and chips mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Or chicken chow mein or a chop suey from chinese.
Or lasagne and salad and chips.
Steak and champ and veg

The list goes on and on! I'm just about to have chicken curry with chips and noodles though yum yum! x

SW chips, beans, fried eggs, mushrooms.

Yum yum, just eaten this and I'm sooo full up!

Sweet potato wedges. I even prefer them to s/w chips. Especially with spices sprinkled on top before baking. Jelly made up with syn free yogurt. And mug shots because they remind me so much of a pot noodle.

steak and sw chips with salad and mushrooms or a home made giant burger on a wholemeal bun with cheese yum

Back