• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What's your favourite childhood read?

Brightness

Happily on CD
Anything by Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl,
Bettina's Secret
Dial M for Mystery
The Amazing Mr Blunden - Antonia Fraser
Pippi Longstocking series
Wind in the Willows
The Chronicles of Narnia

Sheesh I could go on... I was an avid reader when I was a kid. Wish I had more time to read nowadays :(

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Now you're sure they are girlfriends??

kandy

Silver Member
Oh yes and no sausage visible :eek: !

You know what, i am gonna have to keep a straight face next time i see her and pray i have not partaken of alcoholic beverages as i will most certainly have to tell her all about it and i dont think she does humour !

Even though her boyfriend is a batty boy :D

I will be in big trouble if they ever see this !!!:eek:

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
My daughter has the Dr Seuss set and that really takes me back everytime we get started on The Cat Sat on the Hat, etc....:D

Happe

escaping the fat
S: 23st5lb C: 19st8.5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 40.5 Loss: 3st10.5lb(16.06%)
Ballet shoes by Noel Streatfield and Heidi, cant remember the author although its such a classic.

Isis

Ancient Egypt Nut!
C: 18st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.9
Definitely "Heidi" for me too Happe. :D

KD

Gone fishing
Ballet shoes by Noel Streatfield and Heidi, cant remember the author although its such a classic.
Oh yes! Loved ballet shoes! Wanted to be a ballerina after reading that one.

And Heidi. Also reminded me of another book I loved "treasures of the snow". Really lovely story.

I also liked Eskimo Nell which I 'borrowed' from my parents secret library :D

chickadee83

Silver Member
S: 10st9lb C: 9st11lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 22.1 Loss: 0st12lb(8.05%)
I'm talking really young here but I loved( and still do) The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and also The Owl Who was afraid of the Dark( can't mind author)

And now i'm a teacher I get to read these books all over again to kids in my class, who love them too even after all this time! It's great :)

slimjim79

S: 10st4lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 0st5lb(3.47%)
Mallory Towers :) I loved those books! My friend & I would stay over at each others house & sneak midnight feasts.....we were desperate to go to boarding school!! Glad I didn't though :)

Anne of Green Gables series is another classic for me & all Roald Dahl, especially James & the Giant Peach.

When I went to secondary school I was introduced to Judy Blume....Are you there God it's me Margaret.....quality!! Back then I was desperately trying to increase my bust, oh how times have changed :D

SW_Char

Silver Member
S: 21st1lb C: 20st5lb G: 17st0lb BMI: 50.5 Loss: 0st10lb(3.39%)
James and the Giant Peach and anything else by Roald Dahl.