What's your favourite childhood read?

Anything by Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl,
Bettina's Secret
Dial M for Mystery
The Amazing Mr Blunden - Antonia Fraser
Pippi Longstocking series
Wind in the Willows
The Chronicles of Narnia

Sheesh I could go on... I was an avid reader when I was a kid. Wish I had more time to read nowadays :(

Now you're sure they are girlfriends??

Oh yes and no sausage visible :eek: !

You know what, i am gonna have to keep a straight face next time i see her and pray i have not partaken of alcoholic beverages as i will most certainly have to tell her all about it and i dont think she does humour !

Even though her boyfriend is a batty boy :D

I will be in big trouble if they ever see this !!!:eek:

My daughter has the Dr Seuss set and that really takes me back everytime we get started on The Cat Sat on the Hat, etc....:D

Definitely "Heidi" for me too Happe. :D

Ballet shoes by Noel Streatfield and Heidi, cant remember the author although its such a classic.

Oh yes! Loved ballet shoes! Wanted to be a ballerina after reading that one.

And Heidi. Also reminded me of another book I loved "treasures of the snow". Really lovely story.

I also liked Eskimo Nell which I 'borrowed' from my parents secret library :D

I'm talking really young here but I loved( and still do) The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and also The Owl Who was afraid of the Dark( can't mind author)

And now i'm a teacher I get to read these books all over again to kids in my class, who love them too even after all this time! It's great :)

Mallory Towers :) I loved those books! My friend & I would stay over at each others house & sneak midnight feasts.....we were desperate to go to boarding school!! Glad I didn't though :)

Anne of Green Gables series is another classic for me & all Roald Dahl, especially James & the Giant Peach.

When I went to secondary school I was introduced to Judy Blume....Are you there God it's me Margaret.....quality!! Back then I was desperately trying to increase my bust, oh how times have changed :D

James and the Giant Peach and anything else by Roald Dahl.

Back