What's your favourite childhood read?

I used to love The Velveteen Rabbit. A friend bought it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago...I was delighted!

My favourite Enid Blyton books were The Famous Five and also The Children of Willow Farm. I loved the Willow Farm books so much, I desperately wanted to live on a farm where the sun was always shining and they always had a hand reared pet lamb :D. In retrospect, the attitudes in the books are slightly old fashioned... but as a kid I loved them!

My favourite childhood books were The Folk of the Faraway Tree, I used to make my mum read that over and over again! lol (Yes, I still have it and occasionally read it lol)
47786_473968800319_715010319_7208136_6869890_n.jpg

And another favourite was The Magic Porridge Pot! :D
51OvsAsViJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And then when I got to junior school, my fave was Charlottes Web, must have read that a million times!! lol
8803606_ea9ea97c67.jpg

The Borrowers. I adored this series of books! Black Beauty. Later, Wuthering Heights, Little Women, Pride and Prejudice. Wuthering Heights I simply loved.

There are of course tons more but those are the ones that really spring to mind when I think of my primary school days.

Too many to list but the Nancy Drew ones stand out and I loved The Magic Porridge Pot too!

My favourites are The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (actually the whole series) also The Hobbit both of which I still enjoy as an adult. I admit guilty to enjoying Anne of Green Gables when I was younger but doubt I could enjoy them as much now.

lass321 said:
I admit guilty to enjoying Anne of Green Gables when I was younger but doubt I could enjoy them as much now.

I recently downloaded the set onto my phone & you'd be surprised....still great!!! Although I had forgotten how irritating 'Ann with an e' could be!!

don't know if it's childhood book but for sure GOOSEBUMPS i always read that when i was 7 and up

OMG! I LOVED these books!! lol I read them when I was in my early teens. :D Every week when my dad would give me some pocket money, I'd walk down the street to this little book store on the corner and buy one! lol I had tons!! Don't know where they went actually??? :confused:

do you remember the shows?? ahhh awesome theme song to it. i still own 2 movies but only one goosebump book. awell i don't know what happen to them maybe a yardsale along time ago but no one told me anything :( i know i had at least 6 books.
great memories though:cool:

Back