What's your favourite childhood read?

Enid Blyton's other boarding school books were the 'St Clares' books, with the O'Sullivan twins! I loved all Enid Blyton books when I was younger!

I also loved 'Goodnight Mister Tom' by Michelle Magoriam, and I still re-read it every few years, and it still makes me cry!

Linz
xxx

One of my other childhood favourites was Charlie and The Chocolate Factory....much better in the imagination of a child than on film!

I loved Enid Blytons ( naughtiest girl in the school, naughtiest girl again, and naughtiest girl is a monitor ) and thank you for this post i have just been on ebay and bid on all 3! ( i know i am sad ! lol) i read these books over and over again when i was little and they really captured my imagination i feel all nostalgic now !!!!!

Its a lovely thread for a Sunday morning, isn't it!!! :)

Enid Blyton's other boarding school books were the 'St Clares' books, with the O'Sullivan twins! I loved all Enid Blyton books when I was younger!

I also loved 'Goodnight Mister Tom' by Michelle Magoriam, and I still re-read it every few years, and it still makes me cry!

Linz
xxx

That was it! St Clares and the twins one. Thanks.

I've yet to read Goodnight Mister Tom. I loved it when they showed it on the television. I really must read the book.

For me personally my favourites were,

Wind in the willows

The Borrowers.....all of them

What Katie did

However I loved some books that I read for my children

Goodnight Mr Tom

The Runaways

And for reading to my grandaughter

Five minutes peace and All in one peice

All the classics by ladybird. They are all short enough to keep her attention and not mind blowingly boring to read out loud.

I read all the Enid Blyton books I could lay my hands on! Spent hours and hours in our caravanette in wet Wales just reading, reading, reading.

When I was younger it was

The Enchanted Wood
The Magic Faraway Tree
The Magic Faraway Tree Again

Then it was the Mallory Towers, St Clares, Secret Seven, Famous Five books

Plus I used to buy like mini magazine type books with stories in - I spent all my holiday money on them and cornettos (they were the hight of luxury in the early 70s don't you know.....LOL)

What a lovely thread - I'm 11 again and on family holidays in Saundersfoot.....aaaaah!!

Oh yes, and Mrs Pepperpot books - I loved Mrs Pepperpot:D

Love

What Katy Did
and
What Katy did next

Anne of Green Gables

Pride and Prejudice

Little Women - I wanted to be Jo March!

This is fab!

Awwww Pride and Prejudice, one of my favourites!!! :)

Did you see the one with Keira Knightly?! I thought it was fabulous!! Mind you, the BBC series with Colin Firth was hot hot hot!!!! :D Definitely brought Darcy to life for me *swoon*

The BBC series has been my favourite adaptation so far.....which reminds me of another great childhood book

The Secret Garden!

I loved:

Enid Blyton
a book called Flat Stanley (recently bought a copy)
a book called My Naughty little sister (got that one again too)

I used to love reading as a child & just hope Ellie loves it as much as I did/do

Nicky

Who remembers Pippa Longstockings???

Yeah, go on....He'd love the memories!!! :D

Back