whats your favourite SW recipe be it meal or desert etc

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh spill the beans on the recipes hun.!

Lentil Dhal:-

· 200g (14 oz) red lentils
· 1 large onion, diced
· Frylight
· 2 tablespoons curry paste, such as Pataks
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon caster sugar
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon minced root ginger
· 1 (600g) jar passata
preparation method

1. Rinse the lentils in cold water, the place in a saucepan with cold water. Bring to the boil and then spoon off the scum. Simmer for about ½ hr.
2. While the lentils are cooking: In a large frying pan or saucepan, caramelise the onion frylight.
3. While the onions are cooking, combine the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, salt, sugar, garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl. Mix well. When the onions are cooked, add the curry mixture to the onions and cook over a high heat stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the passata and reduce heat, allow the curry base to simmer until the lentils are ready.
5. When the lentils are tender, drain them briefly (they should have absorbed most of the water but you don't want the curry to be too wet). Mix the curry base into the lentils and serve immediately.
6. Whole curry serves 8 and is 1 syn per portion.

Chicken Kebabs:-
Chicken breast x 4
4 tbsp L.F.N. Yougurt
2tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp chilli flakes (more if you like it hot!)
2 tbsp lemon juice (I use jiffy)
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Chop the chicken into bite size peices
Combine the chicken with the above ingredients and leave to marinate for as long as poss.
Cook on a griddle pan, George Foreman, or under the grill until cooked.

i love any cheesey pasta ot tomato based pasta! the chicken wrapped in bacon etc...

erm what more???? my stir fry n noodles - all free n just lush!

mines chips egg and beans to think i may have that tonight yummy

Oh I used to hate beans - they have grown on me! x

mmmm i also love SW egg chips and mushy peas, yum!

I love eggs with runny yolks, loads of syn free chips and batchelors chipshop style mushy peas on a green day (and all totally syn free) and on a red day i love a steak with fried onions (frylight) with a jacket potato.

PMSL I just had the funniest pic in my head!

LOLOL

No dont save money liking beans as I only like Branston beans!?x

Back