What's your favourite...?

HexA? Always milk- can't do without my coffee!

HexB? Fruit n fibre

Synned item? Martini

Free food? Pasta

Superfree food? Blueberries

Sw recipe? Spinach cannelloni

Sw friendly meal out?
Lunch- jacket potato with beans and salad.
Dinner- chicken biriyani, its synned but its worth it :)

212degrees said:
Wait, what!! Fat free soft cheese that's free? Please can someone tell me this is a) true b) tastes good and c) brand or shop I can get it from!!! Please!! X

Hello :)
It's the "linessa" brand from Lidl. It's 0.2% sat fat which makes it "fat free" by British labelling standards (same fat as muller light quark etc). In fact when I compared the NVs to sainsbury's quark it has less fat and calories per 100gs! it's much nicer than quark though and is closer to the likes of light Philadelphia in taste and because it's Lidl it's v cheap! Highly recommended. I could of course be wrong that it's syn free as I am just going off the Nutritional Values as compared to fat free quark or cottage cheese. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't free though and would want to know why!

Really??? I wonder why. It's lower than quark in everything :( I feel sad now. Thank you for looking that up. The amount I eat of it, 1 syn isn't going to break the bank but it's little things like that which add up.
How MEAN of SW.

I've just gone and double checked the Nvs against the Linessa cottage cheese (which comes up as free on the app) and its lower than the ctg cheese in everything, fat calories carbs and carbs which sugars but about the same in protein. I'm baffled. Maybe because it's delicious so people might eat lots where everyone knows cottage cheese becomes rank if you eat more than a spoonful.
I'm tempted to contact them to query this but it's a bit like querying your council tax - it could back fire and they might give the cottage cheese syns. It's very odd though.

I've just gone and double checked the Nvs against the Linessa cottage cheese (which comes up as free on the app) and its lower than the ctg cheese in everything, fat calories carbs and carbs which sugars but about the same in protein. I'm baffled. Maybe because it's delicious so people might eat lots where everyone knows cottage cheese becomes rank if you eat more than a spoonful.
I'm tempted to contact them to query this but it's a bit like querying your council tax - it could back fire and they might give the cottage cheese syns. It's very odd though.

Don't get cottage cheese synned becuse I think its yum and can eat spoonful after spoonful of it!
:p

HexA? Semi skimmed milk.

HexB? Porridge with chopped banana.

Synned item? KitKat 2 fingers. Loving the caramel one at the moment.

Free food? Fruits usually, but eggs come a very close second.

Superfree food? Strawberries.

Sw recipe? 0.5 syn cake. I always have one at home.

Sw friendly meal out? Chicken dhansak and boiled rice, otherwise steak.

Love this thread idea!

HexA? Skimmed milk

HexB? Scan bran cake, weetabix or choc orange hifi bars usually

Synned item? Mini twisters 2.5 syns, mini milks 1.5 syns or tbsp of 70% less fat salad cream 1 syn (normally with egg or tuna)

Free food? Yoghurts, Sainsbury's ravioli, chicken, baked beans...

Superfree food? Cucumber, nectarines, kiwis

Sw recipe? Got to love the half syn cake or a syn free curry with fat free natural yoghurt mixed through for creamyness!

Sw friendly meal out? Harvester's simply chicken with lots of superfree in the unlimited salad bowls or wetherspoons for the sweet chilli chicken noodles at only 1.5 syns

Love this thread!!

HexA? Cheese! 45g of reduced fat cheddar or 30g of parmesan appear on my food diary a LOT

HexB? A Weetabix and a hifi light at the moment (listed on SW website). I also like the WW petit pains, a 60g wholemeal roll for burgers or a co-op pitta bread for pizza :)

Synned item? Muller Greek style yoghurts for 0.5 each...or Mikados for 0.5 each. I also love pink & whites for 2.5. Oh and for an easy lunch Tesco do a sweet chilli chicken noodle salad which is 2.5 syns on EE and is delish!

Free food? Tesco chicken tikka pieces, I love them with salad! Asda chickpea dahl

Superfree food? Grapes, strawberries, bananas, onions, mushrooms and asparagus

Sw recipe? Pete's peanut curry, good ol spag bol, chilli, anything with pasta lol and KFC style chicken (made with smash)

Sw friendly meal out? Harvester so normally a steak, jacket and salad :)

What a great idea for a thread!

HexA? Feta, mozzarella or cheddar

HexB? Bread any shape or form

Synned item? Muller Greek style coconut yoghurts for 0.5 each, crisps (but i avoid cos i can't stop), mango chutney (could eat it on everything)

Free food? all of them

Superfree food? Grapes, bananas, salad, red onions, apples, mango

Sw recipe? Satay chicken, madame le minx's salt and pepper chicken/chips, smash chicken, pete's peanut curry or mini falafels made as veg burgers, god could go on forever

Sw friendly meal out? Singapore Noodles or Mushroom Chowmein

Marshflower said:
Really??? I wonder why. It's lower than quark in everything :( I feel sad now. Thank you for looking that up. The amount I eat of it, 1 syn isn't going to break the bank but it's little things like that which add up.
How MEAN of SW.

I think it will be because it is a cream cheese and not quark. No cream cheeses are free on slimming world, quark is free but that is a soft cheese which is a totally different thing. We get fat free cream cheese here in the US/Canada but again it doesn't qualify for a free food allowance e because it is cream cheese. So has to be synned

HexA? milk for a hot choc or on cereal , baby bels or cathedral city cheese

HexB? hifi bars, wholemeal bread, porridge, wholemeal pitta depends how im feeling!

Synned item? velvet crunch or chocolate. also options or cadbury hilights

Free food? pasta, rice, chicken, asda meat free mince, low fat supernoodles and mugshots for when im in a rush!

Superfree food? fruit!! bananas, apples, nectarine, plums, strawberries i like loads of fruits. veggie wise i love stirfry veggies and sunday dinner veggies!! mushrooms and onions and tomatoes lovely too

Sw recipe? quorn bolognaise or shepherds pie

Sw friendly meal out? nandos!

HexA? Cheddar cheese

HexB Shreddies <3, especially with a chopped banana

Synned item? Battered cod (10 syns) or philadelphia pasta (2 syns per serving)

Free food? Pasta

Superfree food?Grapes, I just can't have them too often

Sw recipe? Chilli con carne or Philadelphia pasta (2 syns)

Sw friendly meal out? Spaghetti bol (and I just can't spell the rest of it)

HEXA=Alpro hazelnut drink. I pour it over my cereal and it tastes delicious. You get more of this for your HEXA than skimmed milk, which is an added bonus!

HEX B- 2 Rocky road hifi lights. Just can't live without them!

Synned item- Chocolate

Free food- Batchelor's savoury rice

Superfree food- grapes and bananas

I don't cook, so you'd have to ask my OH for his favourite SW recipe!

SW friendly meal out- mushroom chow mein

HEA - Usually skimmed milk

HEB - I love All Bran chocolate clusters! They taste really naughty. Unfortunately my other half is a real cereal monster and eats it quicker than I can buy it!

synned item - chocolate!

Free food- probably chicken, I love the stuff :)

superfree food- blueberries and raspberries yum

sw recipe- I'm going to cheat and say a rosemary Conley recipe of curry! It uses paste and evaporated milk. Ooh then homemade onion bhajis.
sw meal out-steak!!

Loundy said:
Love this thread!!

HexA? Cheese! 45g of reduced fat cheddar or 30g of parmesan appear on my food diary a LOT

HexB? A Weetabix and a hifi light at the moment (listed on SW website). I also like the WW petit pains, a 60g wholemeal roll for burgers or a co-op pitta bread for pizza :)

Synned item? Muller Greek style yoghurts for 0.5 each...or Mikados for 0.5 each. I also love pink & whites for 2.5. Oh and for an easy lunch Tesco do a sweet chilli chicken noodle salad which is 2.5 syns on EE and is delish!

Free food? Tesco chicken tikka pieces, I love them with salad! Asda chickpea dahl

Superfree food? Grapes, strawberries, bananas, onions, mushrooms and asparagus

Sw recipe? Pete's peanut curry, good ol spag bol, chilli, anything with pasta lol and KFC style chicken (made with smash)

Sw friendly meal out? Harvester so normally a steak, jacket and salad :)

I forget about the dhal thank you xxxx. And how do u do the smash chicken zx

Last edited:
Hea cheese ..cheese n cheese
Heb ryvita (want to try all bran choc crunch tho) and hi fi bars

Free food meat and pasta

Super free bns

Recipie. Any of the curries in the sauces book especially like the dhansak sw samosas and onion bharji with free mint dip

Meal out .. Nandos

Syns olives cheese snakajacks options hot choc

Last edited:
HexA? Lactose free semi skimmed milk to go with my cereal when i have it and babybell cheese

HexB? Wholemeal, All bran golden crunch (very filling)

Synned item? Chocolate!! and on the odd occasion for a treat a Mc donalds or a kfc

Free food? Smoked salmon, salmon, steak, chicken, turkey, gammon, beef, lamb, potatoes

Superfree food? Apples, pineapple, melon (all types) banana, strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, onions, cabbage, cucumber, spring greens

Sw recipe? Steak with noodles, peppers, onions and mushrooms and sauce

Sw friendly meal out? Toby Carvery

Is the smash syns as its not used for its true purpose like lasagne sheet crisps are syns ? Or as its used in a meal is it free ? Xx

Back