What's your ideal BMI?

Spinoza

Never give up
If you were guaranteed weight loss of 2lbs a week on Atkins induction, how long would you stay on it before skipping off to maintenance?

I seriously think I would until my BMI was 19 - that's the low side of normal. :eek:

I appreciate that BMIs mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, but just interested in the mindsets here, especially men vs women, on this. :)

If we're talking BMI from fat loss then down to 20-ish, ideally! But I hope to start working out again soon so guess I might gain a bit of muscle weight from that. Agreed tho, BMI's not the best of measurements. I guess, at my current rate of progress it might take another couple of months to get there tho (nee chance!!)

When my BMI was about 22 before my Mum and Dad said I looked like I had a lollipop head... I'd like to be a similar weight, but more toned, and hopefully to have my head in proportion with the rest of my body!!!

same as you ww. have you been on the dukan site and worked out your true weight? its fab!

Yes I did that when I started my diet in June Vicky. I think it came out very close to where I am now tbh.

I just get the feeling that women always want to be on the lower side of their BMI range, and in fact that mostly we always want to be half a stone lighter than we are. Pressure from magazines and the like. :rolleyes:

I'm just on the high side of recommended BMI, but my Wife and Daughter say I'm too skinny. But how do they take body size into account, I'm 6' 1" and have a 48" chest, how could that compare with some one who is the same height but skinny as a rake?

Thats why i dont like the BMI Jim - different builds etc. I think its especially bad for men, but you look at some people at my height and they are very slight - my knees are huge and thats just the bones. thats why i liked dukans way of working out weight. just didnt like his diet food LOL

I think I'll be higher end of my bmi, but won't really know til I get there! xx

That's the point isn't it Linz. My Dr thinks BMI ratings are rubbish anyway.

Id just like to be happy with my weight tbh. the lower i get the more lower i want to be. having lost nearly 3 stone this year im proud but i still feel i look the same and when i look at pics i cant see much difference.

My bmi as it is now around the 23 .I am happy with my weight as it is and if i lost any more i would start to look awful especially my face .I am a comfortable size 10 despite my BMI still being around the 23. I like a few curves and for me it wasn't about Bmi but getting to the body i was happy and comfortable in .I could strive for another 7lbs but i have found i cant maintain at that weight and my body has settled itself on its current weight and i am managing to maintain since august effortlessly without having to think about it :D

That is because your mind hasn't caught up with your body Vicky, get some big pants pictures to look at

Thanks Jim - you know what im going in the black bag of big clothes and pulling out my trousers before they go in the loft and trying them on.
thanks xxxx

maybe you need the big trouser test.

Id just like to be happy with my weight tbh. the lower i get the more lower i want to be. having lost nearly 3 stone this year im proud but i still feel i look the same and when i look at pics i cant see much difference.

I feel the same hun... I don't see how far I've come either.x

I'm similar, I can see how far I've come when I do photo comparisons, but still look at myself and think I've got a long way to go.. A bit like what Vicky said, the more I lose, the more i still feel there is to lose

Ladies ladies I feel a need to say something - you have all done amazingly well, you are all beautiful, kind, supportive, caring and have achieved so much and so much more than a lot of people ever manage on any kind of diet or lifestyle change. Please see how far you have come and enjoy it!! :D

Back