Whats your inspiration??

Snugglepuss

Silver Member
Apart from Minimins and what is it that keeps you going?

I only ask because in the past when i have dieted i have put a picture of my ideal celeb on my laptop, i have cut pictures out of magazines and put them in the naughty cupboard and at moments when im really buzzing and thinking i will really do it this time, i always think to myself i should remeber how i'm feeling........but i never do, i always forget to think about how postive i felt or i look past the pictures i have......:sigh:

I spent 15ish years smoking 20-30 ciggies a day. I enjoyed it at the start, and even near the end I loved the very occassional few, but in the main I spent all that time not enjoying it, and trying to quit.

I 'quit' probably a couple of dozen times, each time I kinda knew somewhere deep inside that I would smoke again sooner or later.

Then one day, I just decided to stop smoking, it was Christmas Eve, four years ago. I didn't have any Christmas Day, and haven't since.

I have no idea what was different that final time, but I just 'knew' that I would no longer be a smoker.

The reason I am drivelling on so much is this ...

I spent 25-30ish years eating too much of the wrong kinds of food and getting no exercise. I enjoyed it at the start, and even near the end I loved the very occassional binge, but in the main I spent all that time not enjoying it, and trying to diet.

I diet probably a couple of dozen times, each time I kinda knew somewhere deep inside that I would return to my old habits sooner or later.

Then one day, I just decided to join Slimming World, it was seven and a half weeks ago. I have been 100% faithful to the plan so far, have lost over 2 stone, and am looking forward to losing the next 8-9 stone.

I have no idea what was different this final time either, but once again I just 'knew' that I would stick to plan and never go back to my dark ways again.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not kidding myself, I'm not even 8 weeks into this yet I know, but something is just 'different' this time. I have no idea what it is, where it came from, or how to describe it, it just 'is'.

I wish I could bottle it though lol

my inspiration is to be able to fit into clothing that I like and look good. I have always been the larger girl of my group of friends and for once I would love to go on a shopping trip with them and be able to try things on in the changing rooms and not feel like the fat friend.

I try not to look at pictures of celebs, just because I don't think I could ever get to the weight some celebs are and maintain that weight. ;) I think that I would love to just get to a size 12 because I cannot remember the last time I was that size! Last time I was size 12 I would guessimate I was aged 12, but I have no idea! :p

Apart from Minimins and what is it that keeps you going?

I only ask because in the past when i have dieted i have put a picture of my ideal celeb on my laptop, i have cut pictures out of magazines and put them in the naughty cupboard and at moments when im really buzzing and thinking i will really do it this time, i always think to myself i should remeber how i'm feeling........but i never do, i always forget to think about how postive i felt or i look past the pictures i have......:sigh:

Celebs can be a great role model for people. I would love to have a body like Shakira for instance. But I agree with Sundariel hun - celeb pics can also be a bad thing. Just bear in mind that they are not how they look in the mags themselves - event he curvier girls. Airbrushing has a lot to answer for! I know you're not daft hun, just don't put too much pressure on yourself :)

Thanks girls :)

I knew someone would bring up about the celeb pics...;) But don't worry i'm the first one to say about airbrushing and stuff!

Its just hard like ladiesboy said, we need a bottle to keep it in........although knowing me i'd lose the bottle.LOL

I used to pin up photos of celebs with flat stomachs when I was younger for inspiration but it just made me feel worse when I got to a low point in my weight loss. Even though I try not to compare myself, it is hard, especially when I buy magazines everyweek! lol :D

I suffer with Rheumatoid Arthritis and I have a mobility scooter as my mobilty is so bad.

So my inspiration is to be able to put the scooter in the garage for good and walk to my local shop, or just to walk down to the beach which is about 30 yards from my back garden.

That would be wonderful, I shall feel that I have got some of my life back again if I can do that.

Well im a young single man. And my main goal for losing weight is so that people are interested in me again. I have eye on a girl and I think if I was too lose weight I might have a chance.

Good luck with that Hun!

My inspiration (apart from not turning diabetic etc) WAS a pair of size 16 denims that I bought 8? years ago. I'm in them now so I suppose I should splash out on a pair of size 14.

just want to reduce all obese related health risks - and one day soon (ish) i would like a wedding and babies...although i need Mr Ellebear to ask me to marry him first! hehe!

the thought of a slim wedding day and being healthy for a baby spur me on!

x

My inspiration is to be an inspiration to others. I never want the humilation of publicly dieting and preaching slimmingworld to everyone, only to gain it back. I want others to see me, and know that it does work, and you dont just pile it all back on after.

Also, (no disrespect to your inspiration) i want to prove i don't have to be celebraty thin, i wanna prove that i can be healthy, curvy, have boobs and a bum and have a bit of wobble, but look and feel great.. with no health worries and be mentally healthy also. I think its so important for young girls to know that stick thin isnt beautiful.

and, one day.. to be one of those ladies with a cute little,'' all baby'' bump. :D lol. and to be able to teach my own how to eat healthily and never have them suffer as an obese child as i did.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Some very inspiring inspirations!!!

I was saying to a colleague last night that i want to be slim for when i have babies so i have an *all baby bump* :D

The celeb thing isn't because i want to look like a celeb by any means, i'm all boobs and bum anyway its just the kinda feeling i get when i see how beautiful and radient some are....

Back