What's your losses like on CC? Pleazeee

size102b

Banned
Hi I have ummed and arrred and finally am swapping ww for cc Monday
I am in week 19 of ww gained Monday and stuck to plan 100% even dropped a point as I went in next stone bracket also I had joined zumba so it's pants

I looked at food pointed on ww and alot if foods I think aren't pointed high enough so the lovely friends on ww board have started cc so u thought I'd be a sheep :)

would you mind telling me what your losses are like on cc I've lost 32lbs on ww started 1st march 10 but my losses have dipped so thought strict is needed

thanx xx

It will depend on how many calories you go for and how much you exercise - technically speaking you can predict how much you should losse by looking at calories in vs calories out - as to lose a pound you must have a deficit of 3500 calories.

However, are bodies arn't usually so simple and other factors come into play. I find that when I have a good week I can lose 3lbs quite easily - but I'm not even a quarter of the way to my target yet.

I would say if you easy between 1200-1500 a day with regular exercise you should be seeing a 2lb a week loss

Thanks loads guys I do 5-6 hours cardio at week and plan to go on 1400 cals as I'm 14st 13.5 so am heavy still, I'm confused as my cal book says we have to count the fat too ? Do you all do this or do the rosemary conley thing where you never have over a certain amount of fat?
Hope I start to have 2lb losses as mine were in the end 1/2 to 1lbs mist weeks even though I exercise and stick to plan?
Thanx again xx

Great to have you join us. From reading some of the diaries, I think you'll find we're all turning into CC fanatics here! I've tried all sorts of diets in the past, but this is the only time I have sustained it (since beginning of April) and been losing ever since. I aim to eat 1200 to 1500 calories a day, and have lost between 1lb and 2lb most weeks. Slow but steady, and consistent which is great. I've recently torn my achilles tendon so exercise has been put on hold for now, so I was wondering what difference that would make to my weight loss, but so far so good. Best of luck x

i eat 1300 cals a day and have lost 15lbs in 6 weeks...

Hi thanks for all fir replying well done everyone, I'm still worried about my cal intake as I'm confused how much my body burns in calories but I'll try 1400 if that doesn't seem to work il go 50 cals less a day ?
Xx

Ahh thanx Sarah that's low though isn't it, I'm worried when I lose 2-3 stone more I'd only be on 1000 cals if I start at 1200? I suppose it's trial and error isn't it? I have lost 2.5 stone with ww in 18 weeks but last weeks gain when I was good made me wonder if I wasn't strict enough lol?
I'm going to try real hard on cc and see if I can lose 2lbs a week most weeks.
Well done you great losses what's your losses been like 2lbs mostweeks?
Thanks fir your help :) xx

Yeah I think it is quite low... but as it is working for me at the moment, then I am inclined to stick with it. Once I reach a plateau, I will need to look at my diet more as, if you see my daily menu, I basically live on the same food every day - and definitely don't have the right amount of each food group! However, as it is working at the moment, I will stick with it, and worry about it when it stops!

Hope you are enjoying CC!

Hello! I started cc on 30th April and have lost 45lbs in 10 weeks. I've tried WW and slimming world before - but ended up eating too much and although I lost weight to start with, I got stuck. I've bought some of those body analyser scales, which work out how many calories you can eat a day without putting on weight. I can eat 1700, so I know that if I eat less, I will definitely lose weight. I have been very strict, sticking to 1000 a day, not eating carbs in the evening and sticking to low fat everything. Already, friends are noticing that I've lost weight which is great and is spurring me on. Calorie counting is easy. Good luck.

Hello! I started cc on 30th April and have lost 45lbs in 10 weeks. I've tried WW and slimming world before - but ended up eating too much and although I lost weight to start with, I got stuck. I've bought some of those body analyser scales, which work out how many calories you can eat a day without putting on weight. I can eat 1700, so I know that if I eat less, I will definitely lose weight. I have been very strict, sticking to 1000 a day, not eating carbs in the evening and sticking to low fat everything. Already, friends are noticing that I've lost weight which is great and is spurring me on. Calorie counting is easy. Good luck.

Well done great loss but isn't it recommended we shouldn't eat less than 1200 cals a day as we lose muscle?
What will you do when you stop losing weight as your on very little to start with?
I'm worried as I did Rosemary coneley thad was 1200 cals fast start and I was 17 stone and lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks which I think is too low and my body held into fat as it was in shock asy first 3 weeks on ww u lost 10lbs..
When will you lower your cal intake? Did you start on 1000 cals?
You've done very well thou :) xx

Sorry meltdown what make are your scales? Do you exercise? Sorry about spelling in iPhone letters are close together lol xx

I've been doing it since the start of the year, I've lost over three stone and still have quite a bit to go but it's totally the best way for me to do it. I've got complete freedom to eat things I like as long as I stick to my calorie limits, I aim for about 1250 a day. I also use Food Focus now and that tracks my fat intake, it's never too high for me really, but that website might help you if it's something you want to keep an eye on. If you're used to WW then I should think you'll find it pretty easy to get started on, it's a similar sort of thing :)

Ah thanks Rigby and well done you ,did you start on 1250 calories? I'm going to go in that site as your all doing so well and are really friendly
Thanks for your help xx

Hello Size102b
1000 calories a day for me is fine. I go to a slimming clinic and see the doctor there every 3-4 weeks. They are very happy that I am losing the weight so quickly! If I get stuck and don't lose for a couple of weeks, I will increase my calorie intake to 1250-1300 a day and then drop it back down again. This seems to work for me. I couldn't do the Lighterlife or Cambridge though - as 500 calories a day is just too low for me. The scales are Salter body analyser. (Bought from Argos for £40.00). Yes - I do exercise as well. I am really feeling so much better for dropping some weight.

Back