what's your motivation?

oasis6918

Gold Member
I just wondered what everyone does to motivate them selves, what things do you do to remind yourself why your losing weight, or the things you do to distract yourself from pigging out and keep your self on track?
I have lots of motivation from the ladies I met on the pregnancy and slimming world forum. I've met some great friends who are helping with my journey but I also like to flick onto the music channels if I'm feeling tempted because there's nothing like seeing slim pretty women in nice clothes to make me jealous and stop me from reaching for the chocolate! ;)

Probably the fact that I am getting quite close to my initial goal now :cool: that, and the fact that I have a leopard print bikini hanging up in my lounge begging to be worn!! :D

Personally, I feel motivated by success which recently I've had (again).

Setting achievable short term goals also helps, especially if you have a long way to go. If you go step by step you might find yourself climbing that mountain instead of shying away because you only looked at the challenge as a whole.

Holiday, health

Yep, motivated by success definitely. Motivated by the people in the tough love thread. Motivated by how good exercising feels. Motivated by the fact I am going to be a Bridesmaid next year!

I get a picture of someone whose figure I am aiming for (realistic though) and put this on the wall in the kitchen. It doesn't have to be a celeb, just someone from the web perhaps or a magazine who has a similar figure to you but smaller.

I also divide my wardrobe up into sizes and put labels on the rack (like in a shop). The feeling when I move down to a different section is fantastic. i then try on everything in that section to see how far away I am. Nothing like finally getting into something you've had for ages!

Having just come back from a foreign holiday having once again been the fatty of the group, I'm more determined that ever. My mate brought a camera, took well over 500 pics over the course of the week and I'm not in a single one of them because I looked like a whale. Definitely the kick up the bum I needed. I will never go on a trip this size again!

My motivation is the feeling of being slim and usually aiming for a holiday. I like to look at photos when I was at goal and try to hold that feeling. When I am tempted to stray away from my diet, I go upstairs get put a pair of jeans or shorts that are tight and this keeps my resolve ?

My initial motivation was for health reasons, still is, but there will come a time where I will forget where my motivation ended and my tendency towards obsessive/compulsive starts. As long as I focus on its for health reasons I'll be fine because god forbid I ever just focus on the losing weight I'll end up with an eating disorder. I think that's why it's wise for me to set my initial goal a stone or so higher than ideal so that I can plan my next move and then maintenance well in advance.

I always used to stop dieting after just few days, but now my eating is much more controlled and I think this time I'm able to stick to my plan, it motivates me.. Also good results. I don't weight myself anymore, but when I'm exercising if I can do few more repeats it makes me happy and motivates me..

This is my first day of weight loss and my kids are my motivation! xx
To not be a fat mum who doesn't do much anymore with them

Back