Whats your reason?

I have a few reasons, main two loosing weight and getting fitter i become more physical helathly as well as more mentally healthy as i have less issues about how i look thusly beat myself up less which lightens my mood. Also because I want to look better(shallow i know but meh) and also to set a good example to my son, I'm over half way now and currently sitting at 13st3lb and i feel fantastic, got a fair way to go, but its all going well with the plan. Also slimming world has helped me get over some of my food demons as my and food disnt have a good relationship i was very all or nothing, but slimming world has helped me realise there is a midground there

I started slimming world so I can start to feel more comfortable and confident with my body. In the past I've joined slimming work, lost a stone and stopped going but this time I'm determined to get to target and stay there. I've currently lost 16 lb so got past my usual quitting point :) x

I am the sort of girl that will make jokes about myself "its because I'm fat" ect.... I am quite comfortable in my skin but I brought myself some new "sexy" underwear the other day and put it on and had a look in the mirror and actually thought to myself who would find this heffer attractive.... Thats when I decided I need to feel good about myself again!

I think in sizes rather than what my weight is so at the moment I am a size 20/22.... Ideally I would like to get down to a 12/14 which was my size a few years back....

Soooooo many reasons so will just bullet point them :)

* to be able to look in the mirror without thinking 'yuck'
* to Wear different types of trousers or skirts imstead of black leggins
* to wear a pretty dress
* to be more confident with my husband
* to feel comfortable when singing in front of people
* to be able to play on the floor with my boys and get up by myself lol
* to be able to shop anywhere not just larger lady shops and buy clothes i like not what shops think larger girls like
* to wear pretty underwear again
* stop back and knees aching all the time
* to be the woman my hubby met 8 years ago
* to stop needing naps after a work out
* to not be scared of food controlling me
* to be able to have sedation eith dental work as been told i cant yet :(

Lol could probably think of more but thinks thsts plenty to work for :) x

I've got a few reasons, My main one is to have my picture taken with my kids as I have none and their 9 and 3. Other ones are the obvious ones to feel healthy and be able to take my kids swimming and to play football with them at the park, To look good in clothes for once and to be able to shop in regular shops. Good luck to you all.

Ive always been 'big' and I know that Im NEVER going to be a size 10, which is fine by me! Im at the heaviest Ive ever been and with 2 gorgeous children to keep up with, a fulltime job and an amazing partner Ive realised that I need to be healthier to have a better home life balance. We take the children out and I spend the whole time moaning or sitting watching them do things becuase Im too embarrased or unable to join in with them and I find that sad!

I went through all the childrens photos the other night and over the past 9 years of my sons life there are 3 photos that Im in _ i find that really sad to take and it upsets me a lot.

Finally (sorry for the ramble) IM getting married April 2013 and I am determined to be a slimmer, happy, healthier bride who will be happy to have her photo took xx

jovibird said:
This may sound like a stupid question but im nosey, and wondered what is your reason for going on a diet?
My reasons - well ive put on alot of weight after being very ill and having major surgery. Months of resting and not being able to do anything have taken its toll. So now I am very very overweight and heading towards the big 40 in a few months. Years ago i would be at the gym for 2hours per day until i got sick, now i dont go at all. I really want to get back to feeling good about myself and everything that has happened over the last few years, and i guess ultimately get back to the shape and size I was. Blimey that sounds so corney now i read it back.... :eek:

Thank for this thread. I've always known my reasons for losing weight but i've never written them down before.

I hope to lose about 2 to 3 stone but I don't have a concrete goal yet, maybe more, maybe less depending how I feel when I get there.

I want to lose weight as I've always felt very self conscious about my weight and I remember 'dieting' from the age of 13. 15 years later and I'm still not happy with my weight or how my body looks and I'm heavier than ever.
I also want to have the self confidence to start exercising again rather than feeling self conscious about how I look.
I've also been diagnosed with PCOS and the symptoms can be eased with weight loss as well as the increased chance of developing diabetes that comes with PCOS can be reduced. My husband and I would love a family too but the PCOS symptoms are getting in the way at the mo and I would like to shift my excess weight before even thinking about pregnancy.
Finally I've been suffering with depression and anxiety and got really low. I'm now taking control once and for all, following sw but with the mind set that this is now my healthy eating for life rather than a fad diet. Hopefully I will finally become a weight where I feel comfortable in my own skin.

Sorry for the ramble, some hard truths to face but I feel better now.

1. I hate looking at myself in pictures
2. I want to wear nice underwear
3. I want t be able to clothes shop in primark
4. I want to be fitter and exercise more

And most importantly.....

5. I have PCOS, and have been ttc for 18 months, and now I am being referred to the fertility clinic and I KNOW they are going to tell me to lose weight, and Clomid works best with a bmi under 30, so that's the biggest incentive I've ever had.

For me, I have been suffering depression for months and have lots of aches and pains aswell. After lots of mental therapy and a lot of re-elavuating from that I finally decided that I will lose this weight and become happy with my self and in turn hopefully boost my self esteem. I'm hoping that with the weight loss, the pain will diminish and I can come of off the anti- depressants. I want to be happy with myself and live longer for my wife who I love to bits.

I have a few reasons. Some shallow, some not so.
1) I am pushing closer and closer to morbidly obese. I need to take action now. Am starting to feel negative effects of being fat- bad knees, breathless, constant heartburn.
2) I had gestational diabetes when I got pregnant with my daughter and I was nearly 3 stone lighter than I am now. It was horrible and scary and I am desperate for another baby but refuse to put another pregnancy at risk so I need to get my weight down before we try again. I've given myself a year.
3) I want to be pretty again. 4 stone ago I scrubbed up pretty darn well. Now- not at all. My fat face has stolen my looks and I want them back!!
4) I don't want my daughter to have a fat mum
5) I don't want my husband to have a fat wife
6) I am vintage rockabilly nut and although there are some wonderful clothes choices for plus sizers, they are an awful lot cheaper if you're a size 12/14.
7) I want to look awesome in a wiggle dress :)

Back