What's your secret for good weight losses?

Cutting starchy carbs has been a great help but for me sites like this and Traineo, that offer support and accountability have been instrumental. Counting calories (and carbs, protein, fibre, sodium & fat) properly and setting up an Information Centre charting my progress on all fronts have also helped.

But then again, my spirits hitting rock bottom at New Year also helped in a warped way.

Cutting starchy carbs has been a great help but for me sites like this and Traineo, that offer support and accountability have been instrumental. Counting calories (and carbs, protein, fibre, sodium & fat) properly and setting up an Information Centre charting my progress on all fronts have also helped.

But then again, my spirits hitting rock bottom at New Year also helped in a warped way.

I've found the carbs play a part with my weight loss too. If I eat more than one potato a day then I gain; if I stick to mainly rice I'm fine.:confused:

I was struggling like mad with the Plan but like you the support I've had on here has really helped me on my Slimming world journey.

I lose loads more if I drink herbal tea (I like chamomile) during the day and have my HEXA as cheese than I do if I'm using the milk a little at a time in coffee.

Weeks where I've had 7 EE days also seem to result in smaller losses than ones where I switch it up a bit.

feggy said:
I lose loads more if I drink herbal tea (I like chamomile) during the day and have my HEXA as cheese than I do if I'm using the milk a little at a time in coffee.

Weeks where I've had 7 EE days also seem to result in smaller losses than ones where I switch it up a bit.

It's all really interesting isn't it? I mostly follow ee and find it fits in with family life really well and feels like I'm not on a diet, just eating loads more vegetables than before, I am consistently losing so happy with that. I did buy some green tea with cranberry and trying hard to like it ATM lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've started to drink loads more water and the Lipton Lemon & Ginger tea in the evening - find this really relaxes me and I think it is better than drinking the diet coke I was drinking in the evening. I've only been doing this a week and I seemed to get a better weight lossn last week.

I've bought some peppermint tea - but haven't been brave enough to try it yet! lol!

This week I lost 4lb :D, I went back to my bran flakes and skimmed milk for breakfast. I also ate loads of brocolli and cauliflower florets and loads of watermelon. HTH. xx

Have had horrible toothache and yesterday I woke up resembling my daughter's hamster with one side of my face blown up lol. The food intake is definitely down, so here's to hoping it might help this wi lol. All this pain must be good for something :(

SATSUMAS!!!
It sounds metal right but i eat at least two a day if not more and i seem to lose more weight when i eat them to when i don't!
Also lots of water :)

Yippee another 1lb off

Well, I am really pleased, as I can honestly say, as I was feeling quite down with toothache then hamster face lol, the scan bran cakes and water must have done something good.

Thanks for all the continued tips guys and good luck with your journey too :D

What a fabulous thread! I will certainly be trying a few of these x

Enjoying this thread, very useful info!

Lol, always works for me too

Hoping dancing the night away, literally with hubby, we didn't stop dancing all night. A great bit of body magic :)

Well dancing seems to have done something, lost 1 1/2 to get my club 10 - I need another 1 1/2 on wed wi to get my 1 1/2 stone too. Bring it on lol
Have just got zumba on the wii, anyone else tried it? My abs are killing me from dancing lol.

This is a great thread. I've started forcing a peppermint tea every night I can (it's horrible) but perhaps I should try green...

How many scan bran do you need to eat to see a difference?

Back