What's your views on possible food intolerance?

Madison

Hi folks,
So I posted last week about the fact that I was stuck at 11stone 9 for weeks and weeks. Decided to do a 5 day attack. This ended yesterday. Still 11 stone 9, felt like crying when I looked at the scales. Am one full week smoke free also which I'm thrilled about. I keep a food diary and have not eaten any more food than I usually would and also cut the diet coke out completely when I knocked the fags on the head - all good. Well good apart from the fact that I weighed self this morning and was 11 stone 12 flippin pounds. I'm doing everything I usually do, food, water, exercise wise..... The only OTHER thing I can think of at this stage other than it being a hormonal issue (which I've had checked last year and all fine) is that it's a food intolerance issue. I've cut dairy out for a week or more back some time ago and it made no difference so that leaves me with eggs to go as of today...Boo hoo as I do love them and if i'm being really honest having been eating loads of them. Wouldn't say craving as such but could scramble up 3 full plus one white each day no problem!!!
Was googling food intolerance yesterday and also have the harcombe diet book which deals with said issue and one of the major issues with food intolerance is water retention and cravings for the certain foods. So I'm going to cut them from my diet completely for 2 weeks and hope for the best. Otherwise, I fear I'm going to lose the plot.
I find it really upsetting and infuriating that I've been on this plan since end of Feb, have lost 1 stone 1 pesky pound and still have 1 stone 2 lbs to go...I haven't cheated once, haven't drank alcohol, was completely in my Dukan zone whilst on hols and still ELEVEN STONE FLIPPING NINE - OR AS OF TODAY 11 STONE FLIPPING TWELVE LOL... Sorry for the caps lock on there, just feeling the need to vent............help....xx

O Madison that sucks completely ....do you do a diary in the diary section on here ????...if not why don't you keep one just for a week and the fab people on here can see if anything sticks out !!!! Regarding intolerances it could be dairy or oatbran but also check your sodium levels and the amount of sweetner you have x

What sort of exercise do you do? have you looked at HIIT or some thing like Jillian Michaels 'Ripped in 30', this sort of thing can be hard going but the short intense bursts of exercise have a lot of evidence behind them as first rate fat burners with all the health benefits you could ask for (I also love running but it increases my appetite sooo much and has never been a fat burner for me)

Thanks so much, will start the diary so and hopefully something will jump out. Am also going to re-join the gym so can do the weights machines on the days I'm not jogging. Thanks again x

Madison said:
Thanks so much, will start the diary so and hopefully something will jump out. Am also going to re-join the gym so can do the weights machines on the days I'm not jogging. Thanks again x

Good luck with it Madison looking forward to reading your diary and hopefully you'll get your weight moving down again xxx

Back