Whats your Xmas Menu?

kered

Gold Member
We are having the neighbours and their dog around for Xmas dinner.

The menu I am doing this year, yeah, there is a choice.......woohoo, go me.

Starters.
Prawn cocktail or Home made ham and lentil soup.

Main Course.
Turkey crown or Roast Pork served with, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire Puddings, Roast potatoes in goose fat, roast parsnips. Brussel sprouts, carrots, green beans, brocolli, peas. New potatoes. Gravy.

Desert.
Sherry Trifle, or Xmas pudding and Brandy Sauce.

Dogs are having 1 course..........turkey and potatoes and gravy :D

Last edited:
The neighbours' dog? Is that the Korean version of turkey?!

Menu looks great!! It's out turn to go to my parents this year with our son so the menu is this:

Starters: (you can pick one or all!!)

Soup and soda bread
Prawn cocktail
Melon and parma ham

Main:

Turkey crown
Ham
Duck
Roast beef
Roast potatoes
Potatoes
Carrots
Peas
Sprouts

Dessert:

Vienetta
Ice cream with fruit
Christmas pudding

I will be having the prawn cocktail, some turkey and roast beef, a roastie and maybe a small bit of potato (I'm not a huge fan of them) and loads of carrots and sprouts :)

If I have room I'll have a bit of vienetta!! Can't wait :)

What a good idea! Writing it down is a useful double-check that I've got everything

Champagne, smoked salmon with creme fraiche and dill on blinis.....saves making a starter!

Roast turkey, this year I thought, bu88er it, can't stand for any length of time so have ordered a whole boned and stuffed turkey.....would normally do it myself but if this is successful I might do the same again next year:D
Ham and a leg of roast pork
Roast potatoes and parsnips, the only time of the year that I use goose fat....mmmmm!
Pigs in blankets and ordinary chipolatas
Carrots
Peas
Sprouts with crispy pancetta and chestnuts (bloody Nigella, tried
them last year and was instantly hooked!)
Stuffing balls
Gallons of gravy

Christmas pud with brandy butter or rum sauce. Mother in law makes both
and usually brings round cream too!

I fully intend to have a bit of everything and at least half a bottle of champagne and a whole bottle of wine to myself to make up for the last four months of abstinence! Will probably be pi88ed in charge of my crutches......needless to say will not be taking the painkillers but do you think I'll need them?;)

I never do a starter as everyone says it spoils their appetite so I just offer different kinds of juice.

Main.
Roast turkey stuffed with homemade sausagemeat stuffing,
stuffing balls,
Pork & cranberry stuffing
Chestnut stuffing
Garlic & herb stuffing (not that we like stuffing or anything ;))
Pigs in blankets (have to do 48 of these as everyone LOVES them!)
Roast Potatoes
Roast Parsnips
Colcannon
sprouts with chesnuts
Carrot & swede mash
peas & sweetcorn
cranberry sauce
Gravy

Christmas Pud or steamed sticky toffee pud with custard, creme fraiche, cream or ice cream

Looking at all your menus mine seems very boring and traditional :eek: xx

Not so Jan, it's very similar to mine! We're heavy on the stuffing too and I will be helping myself to the piggies as they're cooking.....I've bought 60 just for the four of us cos I'll eat them hot or cold.

Confession time.......I will be picking at the leftover cold turkey and ham all day and every day until it's gone! I just can't help it....hoping that cos I've got a boned one this year it might make it less 'pickable' if you know what I mean:D oh and the cold stuffing.......tbh I prefer the cold leftovers to the actual hot dinner!

Mine is similar to you Jan, no starters my family have never done starters.

Turkey Crown
Roast Potatoes
Mashed Potatoe
Carrot & Swede Mash
Honey Roasted Parsnips
Pigs In Blankets
Cauliflower Cheese
Broccoli
Peas
Sprouts
Stuffing Balls
Gravy

And for desert there is:
Christmas Cake (I made it this year, my nan's recipe so hope it turns out ok - mum will be the judge!)
Christmas Pudding
Clotted Cream
Double Cream

Oh now i'm hungry guys :giggle:

Ooooo Yeah!! Cold leftovers are THE best!! ;) xx

Well I hope everyones dinner went well, I must admit, I was very pleased with mine this year. The Pork was delicious. so moist it nearly melted in your mouth.

I followed a Delia Smith recipe for my Yorkshires this year and they were the best ever - good old Delia!

We also had lots of stuffing but I must admit there was only one failure..............I forgot (yeah forgot!!!) to cook the pigs in blankets. Guess whats for dinner tonight, with all the leftover potatoes etc. I made a Turkey curry yesterday, the neighbours came around again, and it was delicious.

I feel as fat as a pig, but not losing any sleep over it, Jan 4th D Day (Diet Day) will soon be here.

Back