Lucky7's not so winding road... I hope!!

Lucky7

Lucky7
Okay. After a bit of an eye-opener (clothing fiasco) on Saturday, I've decided enough is enough. As someone who exercises 6 days a week I shouldn't BE gaining weight. I need to pull the reins in. Between now and Xmas I will only have alcohol on ONE day per week (as this seems to be where everything falls to bits, both with syns in drinks and the food choices afterwards) until I am at target (not including Xmas / New Year as I intend to enjoy the festive season after having a few rubbish ones over the last few years (work and money issues).

I'm going to try to mix it up a bit with mainly Green and Original days, and the odd EE day here and there. I did look at the groups in my area, but there is only one possible class, which would be EXTREMELY inconvenient / difficult to get to so I'll try to do without, but it's there as an option if I struggle.

If you spot any mistakes that I'm making, please let me know.

SO... Today is a GREEN day.

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs, Mullerlight, Fruit
Snacks: Fruit & Kitkat
Lunch: Ryvita, Mullerlight, Fruit
Dinner: Quorn fillets, roasties and veg with gravy
Exercise: 40 minutes cycling

a: 4 Laughing cow light
a: Half fat cheddar
b: 4 Ryvita
b: 50g roast chicken (stolen from BF's plate so tasted extra nice)

Free:
2 eggs / sharon fruit / 2 clem / apple / Banana / Frylight / Potatoes / Parsnips / Carrot / Brussel Sprouts / Runner Beans / Quorn Fillets x2 / Mullerlight

Syns:
2 finger kit kat : 5.0
Gravy: 2.0
Mullerlight: 2.0
Quorn Burger 0.5
TOTAL: 9.5

PS Has anyone else tried the Cookies and Cream Kitkats? OMG!!! Love it.

Last edited:
Morning!! TUesday is another GREEN DAY.

The plan is..
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and 2 clems Yep
Snack: Fruit Yep
Lunch: Ryvita & Laughing Cow with tomatoes and a Muller Yep
Snack: Fruit Yep
Dinner: Quorn and Noodle Stir Fry (Yum) Yep and it was delicious
Supper: Hot Choc options drink and a banana I had my kitkat and a tea instead
Exercise: 40 mins cycling & 45 mins high low aerobics class Yep and Yep

A: 4 Laughing Cow Light
A: Little sprinkle of half fat cheddar (on my quorn burger)
B: 4 Ryvita Original
B:

Free:
Eggs, Tomatoes, Fruit, Stir Fry Veg, Quorn Pieces, Fine Egg Noodles, Spices and Soya Sauce; Muller Light

Syns:
2 finger kitkat: 5.0
1 Quorn Burger: 0.5
Cheesecake Muller: 1.0
Total: 6.5

Lots of black tea and coffee.

Last edited:
Just looked and the next Salon Rouge Burlesque event is 4 weigh ins away (I weigh on Saturday mornings). Am I a little tooooo hopeful to wish for 7lb?? I think that would get me into some of my more generous dresses and stop a repeat of last Saturdays clothing fiasco and self-psychological beat-up. There are events happening all the way through. This Sunday's baby shower looking the most dangerous. Must get thinking for that and take some syn free stuff for me to munch on. The rest of the time will be quite easy if I can take it easy / stay away from alcohol.

Wednesday and another GREEN day.

This is what I have planned....

Breakfast: Boiled eggs and an orange (not together) and 1 ryvita Yep
Snack 2 ryvita and laughing cow and cherry tomatoes Yep
Lunch: Veg and quorn pieces and noodle stir fry and a cheesecake muller for pud Yep
Snack: Fruit Yep - and another muller (syn free this time)
Dinner: Smoked pollack, cheesy mash and processed peas Yep - mash was lovely!!
Supper: Skinny latte with a 2 finger kitkat (at the station on way to tap) Nope
Exercise: 40 mins cycle & 1 hour tap dancing Did zumba instead

Possible problem may be with finances for tap dancing, so need to broach subject with OH :( (never a good subject). If no tap will do Zumba instead, so no biggie. Money gonna be a bugger next week, so that goodness I'm enjoying green days eh! Good in that it'll keep me out of the pub at the weekend though!! lol.

a 4 laughing cow light
a
b Half fat cheddar in mash
b 4 Ryvita

Free:
Stir fry veg / quorn pieces / noodles / spices / oxo / soya sauce / mashed potato / processed peas / tomatoes / sharon fruit / orange / apple / slimline tonic

Syns:
2 mini packs parma violets = 3.0
25ml gin: 2.5
Muller: 1.0
Total 6.5

Feeling a bit rubbish. Have really noticed PMS symptoms this last 6 months (maybe because I've hit 40 now). Real physical exhaustion and weepiness at first (like last Saturday) - overreacting to everything and taking it all to heart, then horrid IBS like symptoms that hang around for another half a week. So bloated and horrible at the moment. Wish it'd just bugger off and leave me alone!! :(

Last edited:
Today is a rare event. A RED day!!

This is the plan...

Breakfast: 1 oz Crunch Oats Cereal & Semi-skimmed milk, and 2 clementines Yep
Snacks: Banana and a Sharon Fruit Yep
Lunch: 4 Ryvitas and 4 Laughing Cow Lights with Cherry Tomatoes & Muller for dessert Yep
Snack: Apple Yep
Dinner: Steak (fat removed) served with red onions, mushrooms and peppers (loads)
Supper: 2 finger kitkat? Slimline Pink Gin? Yep to Kitkat, but didn't last til supper!!
Exercise: 40 mins cycling (hopefully not in rain today!!) Yep Body Pump 6-7pm Nope

a SSMilk
a 4 Laughing Cow Light
b 4 Ryvita Original
b 1 oz Crunch Oat Cereal

Free:
2 clem / Banana / Sharon Fruit / Apple / Steak / Mushrooms / Onions / Peppers

Syns:
2 Quorn Burgers : 1.0
2 Finger Kitkat: 5.0
Total 6.0

Mentioned skintness to OH last night but no offer of financial assistance. Might just ask gym buddy Tina as she's offered before.
Started getting all excited about quiet weekend then looked at diary...
Saturday:
gym & weigh in
make dessert for B's baby shower
Meet Lorraine at made it market
Book Club
Book Club meal (I don't remember that!!!!!)
Karen's 50's

Sunday:
Gym
Baby shower

Hmmm - how to manage this. One concern is cash and the other is syns. Red is 'to be cancelled' / Amber is 'if I can find a way' and green is 'there must be a way'. A lot of it is about not letting people down.
To think, for a moment I thought I'd pop along to book group then come home, bake and have a PJ night with some telly. Oh well, let's get through today first.

Bought some IBS treatment tablet in Asda last night. They seem to have made my tummy feel less sore for now.

Last edited:
Just sitting here planning Friday before I go to bed. This is my plan...

It will be a GREEN day.

I love Fridays at work as I take 6th Form Leisure. This means me and two very lovely colleagues take out 6 Special Needs teenagers to a variety of leisure places. This week we're going to St Ives. This however does present me with a danger zone, which is snack time at a cafe. My plan is to have a banana and a 2-finger kitkat with me and just buy a black coffee. Hopefully this will work as I'm very pleased with how things have gone so far this week, and it's WI on Saturday morning.

Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelet with tbsp ketchup Yep
Snack: Black coffee, Banana and a Kitkat Yep
Lunch: 4 Ryvita & Laughing Cow Light Yep
Snack: Apple & Sharon Fruit Yep
Dinner: Spicy veg, quorn and noodle stir fry.
Eve: Pink Gin (Slimline)

Exercise: 40 mins cycling Yep & Toning Class 45 mins Nope - instructor didn't turn up!! :(

A: Half Fat Cheddar
A: 4 Laughing Cow Light
B: Ryvita
B: Alpen Light x2

Free:
Mushrooms; Banana; Beans; Quorn; Stir Fry Veg; Noodles; tomato; apple; sharon fruit; tea; coffee; slimline tonic; angostura bitters; 2 eggs

Syns:
1 finger of kitkat: 2.5
Tbsp Ketchup: 1.0
Quorn Burger: 0.5
Muller with horrid jam stuff in it 2.0 (picked up the wrong one on way out to work)
Licked spoon when making cake for sunday: 2.5 (?)
Total: 8.5

One thing that's surprised me going back to Green and Original days is that I haven't always had the 2 A's and 2 B's that I could. I thought I would want them more!!

Last edited:
It's Saturday. Without a hangover. Interesting!! Couldn't decide which plan to follow today but have opted for Green - mainly so I don't try and kid myself at party tonight that 'the meat LOOKS lean, so it probably IS syn free' lol.

OH is still sitting on the sofa after sleeping there last night. Still pretty drunk,and ranting at the breakfast news. Lol. It'll be quite a relief to go to the gym. Better get ready,but always feel much more in control once I've typed up my plan for the day...

Breakfast: Boiled eggs, 2 clems and 1 Alpen Light with 2 mugs of tea Yep
After Gym: Banana (in bag so not tempted by naughtiness in M&S) Yep
Snack: Apple (russet - so lovely at the moment) Yep
Lunch: Quorn and veg pasta bake with HExA of cheese Yep
Snack: Sharon Fruit & Alpen Light Bar Yep
My friend treated me to dinner at book club (I'd forgotten that we were doing that and am having a financial fiasco until payday). I had linguine with tomato sauce and prawns. Not many prawns at all, but must have had a little oil in it somewhere (not that you could see or taste any, so the prawns and tiny bit of oil are going to be counted as a B together. Hopefully that's not deluding myself too much. Have synned the parmesan that had been sprinkled on top.
Party Tonight: Whisky & diet cokes. When allowace runs out either go home or change to slimline tonic with angostura bitters and a slice of lime (yum).
Supper : Jacket potato, beans and HExA of cheese (prepared before I go out - to be heated in microwave)

A: Half fat cheddar
A: Half fat cheddar
B: Prawns/Oil (see red note above about Book Club Dinner)

Free:
Clems; Apple; Sharon Fruit; Banana; quorn mince and vegetable sauce; pasta; jacket potato; mushrooms, baked beans; diet coke; slimline tonic & angostura bitters; Spaghetti; Tomato Sauce

Syns:
Muller Cheesecake Yog: 1.0
Tbsp of parmesan: 1.5
Whisky x 6: 15.0
Total: 17.5

Last edited:
Weigh in today - 2lb off. Yay.

Sunday, Sunday. And I have a hangover. Still up at 7.30am (Thank-you cats!!) Andway. Another GREEN day today, and I have 15.5 syns left from my weeks allowance. Plans for today include...

Zumba Class
Asda (Teabags, peppers & Cat food)
Lunch
Housework (not much)
Prep dinner
Cycle to baby shower (NO alcohol!)
Cook dinner & early night

Breakfast: Boiled eggs, clementines & Alpen light
Snack: Banana & coffee
Lunch: Stir fry with quorn pieces and noodles
Baby shower: *piece of cake*
Dinner: Eggs with lentils (lentils, peppers, tomatoes and onions made into a thick sauce, with eggs cooked in dips in oven)

People are making cake for the baby shower. I shall have one piece and enjoy it, and be mindful about portion size and making the best choice from what's on offer. That will be my syns for today (ie. will count as the 15.5 I have left).

A:
A:
B:

Free:
Eggs; clems; Banana; peppers; onions; tomatoes; stir fry veg; noodles; quorn pieces; green lentils;

Syns:
Piece of cake at baby shower
Total: 15.5

I know that I should try to be more accurate than that for my syns, but I'm doing it like a flexi-day (is that what you call it?) today. Damage limitation. If I say I'm not going to have cake at all I'm more likely to 'blow it' and just end up writing the day off than if I'm more realistic and just set myself a reasonable target (ie. NO alcohol, and just ONE realistically sized piece of cake). Hmmm. Still a bit worried, but this is a very special day for my friend and I've just got to get a grip!

Well. That was disasterous. Ate more than one cake (!!!!!) AND had whisky and cider afterwards on the way home. I'd like to say it was to help cope with all that birthing and baby talk, but I think that actually it's because I'm a greedy pig. Anyway. No time for any more self-recriminations. I've got a new week to be getting on with, and a very exciting weekend to look forward to!!

Last edited:
Monday (26/11) and another GREEN day.

B: Boiled eggs and clementines Yep
S: Fruit Yep
L: Ryvita, laughing cow and a mullerlight Yep
S: Fruit Yep (and kitkat!!)
D: Eggs with lentils (spanish style - adapted recipe) Nope. Quorn burgers, wedges, beans and fried egg.

A 4 laughing cow light
A
B 4 ryvita (dark rye)
B

FREE:
2 boiled eggs; 2 clems; banana; sharon fruit; apple; tomatoes; beans; wedges; egg fried in frylight

SYNS:
Muller light cheesecake : 1.0
2 Quorn Burgers 1.0
2 finger kitkat 5.0
Another 2 finger kitkat straight after 5.0 (slaps wrist)
TOTAL: 12 (Naughty!)

My wedges were bloomin' fantabulous today. Cut them up and instead of drying them I tossed them in a mix of smash powder; salt; pepper; paprika; garlic; and a veg oxo cube. I put them on my holey baking tray (sprayed with frylight) and sprayed the top with frylight. They cam out lovely a crumchy and tasty. Will def do like that again.

Last edited:
Tuesday and another GREEN day.

B: Eggs and 2 clementines
S: Banana and an orange
L: 4 ryvita and 4 laughing cow light and a kitkat (2 finger) with coffee for pud
S: Nice biscuit
D: Quorn balls in tomato and veg sauce with pasta and cheese

A: 4 laughing cow light
A: half fat cheddar
B: 4 Ryvita
B:

Free:
Clems; Orange; Banana; Sharon Fruit; tomatoes; mushrooms; peppers; pasta; boiled eggs; Quorn balls

Syns:
Kitkat: 5.0
Nice biscuit: 2.0
Teaspoon of sugar (sugar craving!!): 1.0 (I HATE TUESDAYS!!)
Total: 8.0

Feeling a bit battered by the day at work. Stayed late to talk to my senior colleague after meeting and got back too late for aerobics. Didn't feel very in control today as hadn't completed my food diary in the morning, so it all felt a bit ad-lib. Ended up having a biscuit which I don't think would have done if had pre-completed diary to try to stick to.

Back