Wheat bran

Bubblemum

Silver Member
:confused: can somebody tell me why I needed to buy it, I kept hearing about it before I got any, now I've got some, I havent seen it mentioned once. Cant see it in any recipes

P.s just made the most fabulous galette ever in history, few herbs mixed in , cottage cheese and ham in the middle wow delish!:D

it helps with digestive transit - potentially

it could stop any problems from arising or cure any blockages :D....

put 2 tbsp oatbran to 1 wheatbran in your porridge...

xx

2 oat bran And 1 wheat bran do you mean?

I make mine...

2 tablespoons Oatbran
1 tablespoon wheatbran
1.5 tablespoon hermesetas (sweetener)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg
150ml skimmed milk

low heat microwave setting for about 6 minutes but stirring every couple :)

Oh thanks will give that a whirl!

p.s. the 6 minutes is because I like mine thick :) reduce if you like it "thinner"...

can also use the wheatbran in jo's muffins and the galette I think - though haven't made them for a while! :) Hope it's nice for you :)

Yes indeed... I've used 2 of oatbran and 1 of wheatbran from the outset!

how much hermesetas!!! lol
I dont use the wheatbran in it. i only like wheatbran with cold milk :(
yes keep stopping and stirring cos if it spills over its a right mess.

never thought of that! DURR
will try tomorrow im sure thats what im having for brekkie tomorrow.

I dont have a microwave, will use a pan though

its lovely cathy :D

What time do you guys eat your breakfast? I leave home at 7.15am so no way would I be making porridge - and being able to swallow it - 1/2 an hour before that!

I don't think many of us leave the house as early as you Jo :) probably why you like the muffins so much :)...works for your lifestyle

and it's now 6pm and I'm still here... off now... back later Vicky... I won't post, cos won't log in from home, but WILL read...

Thanks Jo :D nice to know you there even if just reading. :D
pre pregnancy up at 7 cup of tea and chill then shower and back down for 8 to walk dogs. breakfast at 8.30 ish and leave the house at 8.50 to be at work for five to nine :D
Now up at 6.50 chill and cuppa, exercise, then shower and feed girls and breakfast for me.

aaah so you too exercise before eating (something some of my friends tell me I shouldn't do... but no chance of getting me to swallow food early in the morning!).

I'm up by latest 6am... feed cats... shower... preen... make up on while on computer reading news, weather etc with a cuppa... out at 7.15am. Arrive here 8.15am ish... Breakfast rarely before 10am. Just can't swallow it.

Get home at 6.30pm if no shopping to do... so dinner never before 7.30pm.

Back