Wheatbran

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Am posting this question because of my recent diary post.

I have half a tbs for breakfast and then use the other half during the day, maybe in muffins/dukan bread/ or something to bread meat.

Basically i split the oatbran and wheatbran in half which allows me two portions a day. I love my porridge in a morning as it fills me til lunch.

So my questions.....

Do you use 1tbs wheatbran a day as per suggestion or do you go without.

If you use it, how do you use it.

thanks
x

Hi

At the moment because I'm off work I'm having porridge for breakfast, 2 tbsp oat bran and 1 tbsp wheat bran with ff fromage frais/ff yogurt with goji berries and milk in the microwave. Which is yummy

When I at work I have 1 tbsp oat bran with fromage frais for breakfast. Then get the rest from muffins

Xx

I use all mine for muffins & I use both 2tbsp's oatbran & 1tbsp wheatbran per day. Wheatbran is classed as a tolerated item.

Thanks guys, I was using it with both LOL, and only having my allowances, but am worried I've not lost because of the wheatbran. So I've rehashed this weeks menu and will use most of oatbran for porridge and have a single muffin here and there which is about 1/6 tbs of wheatbran per muffin. It means I've got to be careful on the days I am having the dukan bread too. Which is nice as a toasted sandwich LOL.

Now I need a few more ideas for breakfasts....I can't just eat slices of meat, doesn't feel right.

Anyone else ?

Hi for brekkie I have 2 boiled eggs then at bout ten I have either a muffin with a cuppa or tuna /chicken pate with dukan bread x

How do you count the eggs though. I have two but if I have a couple of muffins and thats half an egg between them then its more to count. I must admit when rehashing my menu earlier I did think about soft boiled egg, and an omelette.

What does the yogurt taste like with oatbran in it, my Mum has it that way, I remember her mentioning it, does it fill you the same way. Do you leave it to soak for a while in there, or eat it straight away

I don't stress about eggs the book says only worry if u have colestral problems which I don't :)

I eat eggs coming out of my ears but then my cholesterol is fine, I love eggs .

Ophelia, i buy it from Holland and Barrett. the 500g bag is about 90p I think. I bought it when they had stuff on offer, buy 2nd half price. Got 4 bags of oatbran the same LOL.

Monica I look at your losses and realise I probably don't need to worry either then, LOL, I don't have cholestrol problems myself, actually been checked out recently, was happy it wasn't high as this is a family thing. Thanks to Jan too.

My daily tbsp of wheat bran is in muffins - I find they're too solid without it! I don't think having it daily has affected my weight loss at all but everyone's different. One thing I did read somewhere is that ideally we'd eat our oatbran in one sitting, as this makes the most of it filling you up. Also ideally in the morning, rather than the evening. Not put the theory to the test though, as I have mine all at once in the morning anyway. If I were really enjoying spreading it out through the day and having some late at night, I doubt I'd change anything, unless I was really stagnating for ages.

As for eggs....I'm so confused about all the advice out there on them! When I was younger it was all dire warnings about not having more than 3 a week or something. Who makes this stuff up and how can it change so often?!!

Ok, had a hunt and found this useful advice on eggs from NHS. Sorry, I do realise this is a thread about wheat bran!

Eggs and your diet
Eggs are a good source of:

• protein
  • vitamin D
  • vitamin A
  • vitamin B2
  • iodine

There is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat. But to get
the nutrients you need, make sure you eat as varied a diet as possible.

You can learn more about healthy eating in A balanced diet.

Eggs and cholesterol
Eggs contain cholesterol, and high
cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

However, the cholesterol we get from food – including eggs – has less effect
on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the amount of saturated fat we
eat.

If your GP or health professional has told you to watch your cholesterol
level, your priority should be to cut down on saturated fat. You can get advice
in Eat less saturated fat.

If you are eating a balanced diet, you only need to cut down on eggs if you
have been told to by your GP or dietitian.

Taken from:
Eggs and nutrition - Live Well - NHS Choices

Ive eaten a daily allowance of wheatbran/oatbran in muffins throughout cruise and conso - I find it helps with transition issues!

Great stuff Joodle thank you. I've decided that I'm not going to worry about the eggs. I actually had 1.5tbs of oatbran for my porridge this mornign and it actually tasted better then with the bit of wheatbran LOL. I'm going to do the same and keepthe wheatbran for muffins and cakes and bread. If I am having dukan bread in the day then I am going to have a much smaller portion of porridge for breakfast.

It definately helps eh Chris LOL, thats one of the reasons I want to keep the wheatbran in my diet, I'm also on Iron tablets, which can cause problems themselves LOL.

It definately helps eh Chris LOL, thats one of the reasons I want to keep the wheatbran in my diet, I'm also on Iron tablets, which can cause problems themselves LOL.

Iron tablets - awful things for stopping transition! yeh you defo need wheatbran ;)

dukanfatty said:
What does the yogurt taste like with oatbran in it, my Mum has it that way, I remember her mentioning it, does it fill you the same way. Do you leave it to soak for a while in there, or eat it straight away

I love Total 0% yogurt with either the oatbran or the wheatbran mixed in with a couple of sachets of Truvia thrown in, I just mix them all together and eat straight away.

And to Ophelia, Jordan's, who make muesli sell wheatbran in Asda, not sure if it's sold in other supermarkets but I had to buy my oatbran from a health food shop. HTH.

Don't forget wheatbran has a relatively short shelf life (about 2 months). I bought a massive bag from H&B and was still using it 7 months later before I realised!!! :giggle:

:) me too - i bought a big bag as i use it every day in my muffins and i was using it well past its sell by date!!! Luckily its only cheap!! I get mine from Holland and Barratt

Didn't realise that, though idid only buy one bag. But we only use a tbsp at a time so it will last for ever.

Back