when did it become the Forum for the Rightious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you more committed if you attend a group???? I work shifts and struggle to attend a group, does that make me less committed then you??

At the end of the day we are all here for the same reason.. To lose weight!! If you don't like what you read just ignore it! This site has helped me loads, especially with all the recipes and also seeing how well people are doing on sw. Please don't waste energy arguing, it's not going to change anything. It would be a funny world if we all thought and acted the same. xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

onionbreath said:
Why are you more committed if you attend a group???? I work shifts and struggle to attend a group, does that make me less committed then you??

The whole post was that people who say they can't afford group then ask for the syn values of ready meals and takeaways. It was a throwaway comment not aimed at anyone, I attend group once a fortnight because of shift work, so that is not what I was saying.

Shirleen said:
The whole post was that people who say they can't afford group then ask for the syn values of ready meals and takeaways. It was a throwaway comment not aimed at anyone, I attend group once a fortnight because of shift work, so that is not what I was saying.

You're never going to win Shirleen I wouldn't waste your breath anymore!

Nomes said:
The other day some of us were engaged in a thread I started and it got heated. Starlight locked it. That helped big style as it have me time to chill and realised that it was only a difference of opinion. This forum is great and due to semantics, we can ALL misinterpret.

At the end of the day we are all here with one common goal- to lose weight and become healthy.

I hope not to offend anyone but in general day thanks to those who take time to answer questions and give much needed support.

Thanks

Nomes x

Bump

Ok that was my post, did I post it about you? Anyone you know? Well the fact is this, if people can't live without takeaways just enough to attend group then I don't believe theyre committed and therefore why should I waste my time? That's why I don't post in the Syn Values forum. If you had a problem with that then report the post!

I'm just saying it was rude. I didn't say it was abusive, or bullying, just down right rude. On what planet qualifies the people who have been here the longest to say who's committed and who isn't. I hope no one ever feels they have to explain why they are asking the syn value of stuff in fear of being scoffed at.

Shirleen said:

I'm probably stirring a boiling pot here -

But the fact is Sw is quite an expensive plan to following fresh and wholesome foods are expensive. Fast foods and ready meals can be the cheaper alternative - portion of chips for 2 say £4 - one small pack of x lean mince is £4-5 before any other ingredients.

So I can actually see the other side that faster food can be a cheaper alternative to Sw food.

I'm not suggesting that's a good way of living at all.

I suppose syning a takeaway would surely be better than ignoring the syns?!

clairex said:
I'm just saying it was rude. I didn't say it was abusive, or bullying, just down right rude. On what planet qualifies the people who have been here the longest to say who's committed and who isn't. I hope no one ever feels they have to explain why they are asking the syn value of stuff in fear of being scoffed at.

I agree.

I've been many a time subject to comments on the Sw side of this forum which have been unpleasant or unkind - however have also received kind ad supportive responses!

If you've got nothing nice or nonjudgmental to say don't say anything!

I'm probably stirring a boiling pot here -

But the fact is Sw is quite an expensive plan to following fresh and wholesome foods are expensive. Fast foods and ready meals can be the cheaper alternative - portion of chips for 2 say £4 - one small pack of x lean mince is £4-5 before any other ingredients.

So I can actually see the other side that faster food can be a cheaper alternative to Sw food.

I'm not suggesting that's a good way of living at all.

I suppose syning a takeaway would surely be better than ignoring the syns?!

The pot is bubbling over............!!!

jaylou said:
The pot is bubbling over............!!!

Well I was bound to upset someone I'm sure. :s

I disagree with you about eating healthily being expensive but I'm not upset ;-)

This thread isn't the place for that discussion though, I'll save it for when someone starts a thread about it and point them in the right direction!!!

clairex said:

But I didn't say it TO anyone, or about anyone in particular, it was a jokey comment about pet hates, I don't consider it rude. It was my opinion and is why I don't go near the Syn Values forum.

But I didn't say it TO anyone, or about anyone in particular, it was a jokey comment about pet hates, I don't consider it rude. It was my opinion and is why I don't go near the Syn Values forum.

I know. And It's just my opinion that I do consider it rude. That's all. :)

clairex said:
I know. And It's just my opinion that I do consider it rude. That's all. :)

Fine. I don't! Difference of opinion, but if it becomes regular feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Shirleen said:
Fine. I don't! Difference of opinion, but if it becomes regular feel free to put me on your ignore list.

People won't put you on their ignore list because they will want to see what you post and see if they can nit pick at it!

vanilla_cupcake said:
People won't put you on their ignore list because they will want to see what you post and see if they can nit pick at it!

Oh yeah, like hunting down a convo on someone's diary!

Cupcake, this is the second thread where I have seen you making snide comments ..... Are we not all on the same team, trying to achieve the same goal??

I have to get this off my chest before I explode, im sick to death of a minority of people on this forum who seem to think they run the god dam forum!! Sniggering at comments that some people have concerning the SW plan, genuine people who only ask for a little help..but by god if your not part of a SW group you are ridiculed for having the cheek to post and ask questions, the certain crowd who put their opinions soo strongly and in a demeaning way..makes me angry!! It's their way or no way..if you don't agree with the comments they make then your a trouble maker!! No wonder many join then leave this forum with the forms of " forum bullying " going on.

Could I just go back to the original post for a minute, I've been thinking about this...

The thread was written as a generalisation on what you have witnessed, but you refer to a "certain crowd". I'd say that's not a generalisation, that's pointing the finger at specific individuals.

One particular comment has been referred to on a few occasions, again, that is not generalisation.

I'm not really sure what you wanted to achieve from this thread. It's ruffled feathers, got people's backs up and generally created an air of bad feeling all round.

I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest, and you've achieved what you set out to do by posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back