When did people notice

Thank you! I suppose I'm just being impatient really lol

We're all impatient that's why dieting is soo hard and stressful and if people don't notice, we get annoyed - don't they realise all the effort we've put in...

I have to say though, this is one of the reasons why I like Go Lower so much....I never thought it was realistic or doable, but I've been losing a stone a month so far - it really is the easiest diet I've ever done....but still do have my down days - who doesn't?

Good luck and keep losing
xx

ive found thats its people who dont see you often who notice more.

saw a friend yesturday at a birthday party, probably havent seen her since bonfire night. she was like "omg you have lost so much weight! well done"

people i see often dont tend to comment to much

I also think that it depends very much on how much you need to lose - if you have say more than 5 or 6 stone to lose, people aren't likely to notice the first 2-3 stone for example. If however you only have a stone, then just a few pounds is going to look quite dramatic.

When I was on LighterLife I didnt start getting comments from casual acquaintances and work colleagues until I had lost about 3 stone, which was just over half what I needed to lose in total. Now I'm trying to shed a further 10lbs, and yesterday (6lbs down) recieved a couple of comments that I'd "lost a load more weight"

I think what I'm trying to say, in answer to the initial "when did people notice" question - is, it's all relative to how overweight you are :)

I'm in a similar boat. I've lost about a stone, and I can tell the difference in my clothes, but not in the mirror. No one else has commented yet, but I reckon maybe in the next half stone or so you'll be able to see a difference.

I like the comment about the OH not even noticing a new hairstyle..... sounds just like the one I married!

Hubby does now say he can notice I have lost some weight but he certainly did not notice the first two stone! I guess because I have so much to lose it didn't really show to start.

I am losing on average a stone a month and so the weight is falling of me and my clothes are the only real way I can tell, (apart from the scales!) When I look in the mirror it is still not very noticable to me I am losing but I know that will change soon.

It's weird how when you look in the mirror after you have lost a stone and know there is a change and you are smaller but all you can really see is the amount you still have to lose!! Anyone else or just me?! lol Kirsty xx

i have to agree, ive lost 3 stone and still look in the mirror and just think woah im huge, even thought im 3 stone less that i have been for years. Think its just our perception of ourselves.

My Grandma and Aunt noticed at the weekend that I'd lost a lot of weight. They have both seen me a few times during the journey, but I think I've lost about 1.5 st since they last saw me! :)

My Mum and Dad notice all the time - but they know that I'm actually trying to lose weight! :p

My Mum's side of the family haven't noticed yet - unless they're just not commenting. I think I'll have to get into the 12s before anyone notices that I've lost A LOT of weight. :rolleyes:

It certainly does take time for that perception of ourselves to change.

I have needed to lose weight for so long I still don't see me looking much different in the mirror. I do know the weight is coming of and I have had a few comments, I am just waiting for MY brain to see it!

I've never thought I was THAT big until I saw photos of myself - now I think I look huge and am thinner now than when I thought I looked ok(ish). I mean I knew I wasn't thin, but now I'm thinner, I feel fatter as I realise how fat I was and how much more I still need to lose. Hope that makes sense!
xx

Yes that makes sense to me! i sometimes feel the same:sigh:

People starting commenting I looked slimmer after just over a 2 stone loss. Like you have been discussing I just look in the mirror and think of all the pounds I have to lose! :sigh:

Happy you have lost me....

Chillimango, I agree with you I just see that I still have a long way to go. Thankfully with Go Lower the weight is coming of but I would still like that magic wand!

I've never thought I was THAT big until I saw photos of myself - now I think I look huge and am thinner now than when I thought I looked ok(ish). I mean I knew I wasn't thin, but now I'm thinner, I feel fatter as I realise how fat I was and how much more I still need to lose. Hope that makes sense!
xx

Hahaha that is soo me! :) xx

Sorry I've lost you Suzy - not sure how else to explain - I now realise how fat I was before I began to lose with Go Lower, and can now see how far I've got to go, that I actually feel fatter because I've acknowledge where I was and where I'm going....I maybe thinner, but feel fatter - even though my clothes and the scales are smaller...Hoep this helps...!

xx

No-one's said anything about my weight loss yet. I haven't told anyone though, it suited me to do it on my own and then to see if people notice with time. I do wonder if people have noticed but don't like to say anything in case it seems rude? (in case I haven't lost weight and they think it will sound like a hint or something!). I don't really mind though, I can tell I've lost weight and it's me I'm doing it for, so that's the important thing :)

No-one's said anything about my weight loss yet. I haven't told anyone though, it suited me to do it on my own and then to see if people notice with time. I do wonder if people have noticed but don't like to say anything in case it seems rude? (in case I haven't lost weight and they think it will sound like a hint or something!). I don't really mind though, I can tell I've lost weight and it's me I'm doing it for, so that's the important thing :)

I know, it's all mind games these days! The most important thing is that we keep losing and within time people will notice but as long as we can notice and feel better within ourselves then that's the main thing eh!:D xx

now I think I look huge and am thinner now than when I thought I looked ok(ish). I mean I knew I wasn't thin, but now I'm thinner, I feel fatter as I realise how fat I was and how much more I still need to lose. Hope that makes sense!
xx

Makes perfect sense to me too hchappyh! That's exactly how I feel. I used to think I looked ok. Yeah, I knew I was overweight but being tall I thought I got away with it to a certain extent ;)

I still look in the mirror and see a fat person. I must have looked bloody gigantic before, I really must :(

Some people at work tell me that I'm wasting away and I really shouldn't lose any more else I'll look ill which is baloney really as I'm still 3 stone overweight and in size 16 clothes.

I want to do get back down to what I used to be before overeating and booze and a lack of exercise played havoc with my body! I need to do it for me, just to see what I'll look like. I've spent far too many years being the fat, quiet one, the one that people thought it was ok to pass comment about. I've spent too many years sitting on the sidelines instead of living life to the full and that's all changing now and thank God for that.
:D

Lucky,

you loss has been great and I hope the confidence is gaining as you are lossing as nobody should be passing negative comments on you at any time.

Rigby, it may well be people ar eto embarassed to say anything. Recently if I have mentioned that I am on a diet people are saying I have lost weight, but they wouldn't say it before I prompted them.

Happy, I think I kind of know where you are going with it.

For me since staring Go Lower I know I have lost soo much weight but I just can't see the smaller me, however, I don't see myself as bigger before, which I guess you are now doing.

Back