When did people notice

Makes perfect sense to me too hchappyh! That's exactly how I feel. I used to think I looked ok. Yeah, I knew I was overweight but being tall I thought I got away with it to a certain extent ;)

I still look in the mirror and see a fat person. I must have looked bloody gigantic before, I really must :(

Some people at work tell me that I'm wasting away and I really shouldn't lose any more else I'll look ill which is baloney really as I'm still 3 stone overweight and in size 16 clothes.

I want to do get back down to what I used to be before overeating and booze and a lack of exercise played havoc with my body! I need to do it for me, just to see what I'll look like. I've spent far too many years being the fat, quiet one, the one that people thought it was ok to pass comment about. I've spent too many years sitting on the sidelines instead of living life to the full and that's all changing now and thank God for that.
:D

OMG it is like you read my mind! lol :)

SuzyK, I think that's true about them being embarrassed. I have friends who comment on the past weight loss of other friends though, and so I'm looking forward to one day it being me who they say, "hasn't she lost a lot of weight?", about!

Like I said though, I don't mind really. I still look/feel/am bigger than I should be, but I'm enjoying the process of losing weight as well as looking forward to my end goals. Seeing a couple of pounds gone from the scales, being able to wear something that wouldn't previously have fit me, or being that bit fitter and stronger than I was before is much more rewarding than what other people say about me :)

Haha! I can relate to most of this lol - especially the bit about people not wanting to metion it!

I'm 37lbs down and just starting to notice it now (aswell as everyone else around me). Then again, i have quite a bit to loose!

It isn't until you actually mention you're on a diet that people go "Oh! I thought you'd lost weight!" lol

Exactly the same here becky, i say something like 'yeh im not eating fatty foods right now' then someone says 'yeh you've lost alot of weight havent you?'

quite frustrating!

I have lost 5 stones so far ( started off very overweight) and people are just starting to notice now. It feels sooo good. Yesterday though i was in the supermarket when I came across my boss and her husband, we stopped and had a chat and then went about our own shopping. Today when I got in work the boss said to me "Derek said he thought that you'd lost a lot of weight but didn't want to tell you in case he offended you." I told her that next time he sees me he must make a point of offending me!!!:tongue:

I have lost 5 stones so far ( started off very overweight) and people are just starting to notice now. It feels sooo good. Yesterday though i was in the supermarket when I came across my boss and her husband, we stopped and had a chat and then went about our own shopping. Today when I got in work the boss said to me "Derek said he thought that you'd lost a lot of weight but didn't want to tell you in case he offended you." I told her that next time he sees me he must make a point of offending me!!!:tongue:

Well done on losing 5 stone! and what a nice guy he sounds!

Thanks Izzymum:)

Everyone is doing really well.....we should all be soo proud of ourselves. Why is though that people think it's ok to tell us..."oh, you've put on a bit of weight since I last saw you" the worst insult going, but when you've actually lost weight, no-one mentions it in case it embarrasses us?! People are so fickle.!

Well everyone, keep losing and keep noticing
xx

I've lost nearly two stone but can't see the difference in the mirror or my clothes yet and nobody has noticed (my DD, bless her, often tells me I've lost weight but she knows I'm trying hard and wants to keep me motivated).

At first I was a bit fed up but then realised that at my size no-one notices when I put on weight either. I am also losing weight for myself, not for anyone else so I shouldn't worry if nobody notices. Saying that, I know I'll be so pleased when somebody actually does say something! :8855::8855::8855:

I console myself with the thought that at I am losing 'internal' fat which the is the unhealthiest type of fat and when I start to lose it from the outside, so to speak, I'll have the skinniest insides known to mankind!

3lbs off 4 stones and still no one has commented :(
Like someone else said, I recon it will be at about the 5 stones mark people will start to notice

Winky

what happened to you with your boss's husband not saying anything is a classic example.

He didn't want to offend you by saying you lost weight, I agree with you he must "offend" you when he next sees you!

I think this is happening much more than we realise.

Maybe these people think we are wearing better fitting clothes all of a sudden and that is why we look slimmer and that the next time we see them we will look as we did before..... I don't know but they will be in for a shock.

i lost 4 stones and people definitely realize that
i think the percentage lost is the main reason why someone can lose 2 or 3 stones and no one would notice, if u are 400 pounds, losing 20 pounds, probably no one would notice. however if u start with 180 pounds, then people will definitely see the differences.

i lost 4 stones and people definitely realize that
i think the percentage lost is the main reason why someone can lose 2 or 3 stones and no one would notice, if u are 400 pounds, losing 20 pounds, probably no one would notice. however if u start with 180 pounds, then people will definitely see the differences.

Good point - the more you need to lose, the more you need to lose for people to notice!

xx

Yes, I guess those of us that are bigger to start with don't show the first couple of stone, whereas someone that doesn't have a lot to lose would show when they lose just a few pounds.

Not fair is it!

I think sometimes people feel that by saying you've lost weight is like saying "i noticed you were fat" hehe.

Yes Sammy I think you are right. People are so worried they will offend us as it was obvious we were bigger that they don't say anything at all.

Happy, I know it isn't!

Yesterday I went to Halfords to try out new bikes. I was wanting advice as I didn't know what frame size etc. to get. The assistant said "Well, you're big aren't you so you're going to need a larger frame" and for the first time ever I wasn't offended. I knew by big he meant tall and not fat. I had high heels on which makes me about 6ft. There was a time not so long ago when those words "you're big" would have cut me to the quick. Not any longer cos I know I look good now :D:D:D

Well done Lucky Cat! :) xx

Back