When did people notice

Lucky Cat

did you buy a bike?

I was so going to get hubby to get mine out of the garage last week and I still haven't asked him!

The bike's picked and ordered. I am getting it on Saturday.

I'm like a big kid, I'm so excited. It's rather lovely, black and silver and has a lovely comfy saddle for my big bottom. Plus it's got a little bell. Ding ding!! :8855:

Last night I was laying on my back in bed and my OH said 'ooh look how flat your tummy looks' Despite me pointing out that I was on my back I had a glance down and could actually see past it lol

Great news Kitty, I hope that makes you feel good.

Lucky you enjoy being a kid again!

I got hubby a new bike for his birthday one year and he was like a kid with a new toy riding it up and down the road.

That was the day he proposed to me and I still don't know if that was why........... he said he had planned to do it that day but I am sure the bike may have had something to do with it!

Finally someone noticed and said something about my weight loss today :D

Finally someone noticed and said something about my weight loss today :D

Excellent! I bet you were on cloud 9 Rigby :character00100:

You know what, I am so chuffed! :) just have 2 compliments in 24 hours from people I have not seen in ages telling me I have lost a lot of weight, felt so good! One was a neighbour who I haven't seen in ages, probably not even this year and another was my friend Sarah's friend Joanna who I probably saw about 2 months ago, she asked if I had lost weight and that I looked gorgeous, was so nice! lol I felt so good! And that's 19lbs gone xx

This is only my first week :) Not sure what I will have lost this week probably nothing so no difference will have been noticed lol

You know what, I am so chuffed! :) just have 2 compliments in 24 hours from people I have not seen in ages telling me I have lost a lot of weight, felt so good!

I often wonder if the people who pay us compliments realise how fantastic it makes us feel? When someone says something complimentary to me it will absolutely make my day. When someone says "You're looking so slim" or "You look absolutely fantastic" I'm sure I get a foot taller and start walking with a spring in my step :D

This is only my first week :) Not sure what I will have lost this week probably nothing so no difference will have been noticed lol

I bet you have lost something you know. Think positive!!!

Plus, don't be disheartened if people don't pass comment when you HAVE lost something (which you will have ;)) because, as has been said above, it often take a loss of a couple of stones before people comment upon it.

I think a lot of it is due to the fact that when we are larger we tend to wear baggy clothes to hide beneath and once we've lost a couple of stones and have gone down a dress size or so, we start wearing more fitted clothes because we have the confidence to do so and so the weight loss looks more obvious then.

Back to my original post, my parents recently returned from a long trip to Cyprus and they said I'd lost loads bless them, so feeling a bit happier now lol!

Izzymum

You know what, I am so chuffed! :) just have 2 compliments in 24 hours from people I have not seen in ages telling me I have lost a lot of weight, felt so good! One was a neighbour who I haven't seen in ages, probably not even this year and another was my friend Sarah's friend Joanna who I probably saw about 2 months ago, she asked if I had lost weight and that I looked gorgeous, was so nice! lol I felt so good! And that's 19lbs gone xx

Excellent news! And well done to Izzymum too :)

Well done Izzymum, see it does start to show.........

Don't those compliments make us all feel good as well?

i met a friend today, (i am not really that close with him , only play basketball together several times), last time he saw me i was 200 pounds, now i am 175 pounds.(2 to 3 months ago) He said he saw me the other day from far distance and he wasn't sure whether it was me or not since i've lost so much weight! He asked me what diet plan or medication i took, and to his surprise i did not use any pills or on any tough diet, i told him all i did was exercise and eating proper food! I was really happy with what he said because i can't really tell the weight i lost from the mirror, to me i still look the same!

Isn't it funny how other people see us so differently to how we see ourselves? Well done on the 25lb loss! :) I was asked the same at the weekend when someone finally noticed my weight loss, I was asked how I'd done it. I think the lady expected there to be some 'secret' to it, like it was some easy tip that I wasn't wanting to share, but I'm just doing the same as you :)

gd job rigby, now when people call me my nick name "fatty", i am not quite sure whether they really mean it or not, that's why some compliments from people will definitely help

The first person noticed today for me - other than those that know I am doing the diet.

I've lost four stones altogether and I still have a long, long way to go but it is dropping off my face and neck. It seems to be travelling downwards :8855:

I know I should have been chuffed to bits but it all feels very strange and I don't quite know how to handle it. To be honest and I just felt really embarassed (I've always been crap at receiving any compliments).

Sharon xx

Congratluations :D I felt embarrassed when someone said something to me too. Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased that someone did finally notice, but it was difficult to react to and when I was asked if I'd lost "a lot" of weight, I played it down and said "a bit". I am chuffed about it though, it still feels like I dreamt it, to be honest, but at the time I was just so shocked and someone saying it out of the blue to me like that!

Back