when do cravings subside?

broxi

ButtErFly
Hi, I could use a bit of encouragement please.

I'm just beginning week 4 but still suffering from terrible cravings. I know this is pathetic but sometimes I could actually cry they are that powerful. Does anyone think this lessens as the diet progresses or will I just have to live with them?

Ironically, I posted on the tip for the day about cravings passing! They do but I just wish I wouldn't get such strong and overpowering ones! I honestly feel like an alcoholic giving up drink must feel.

Aww poor hun.
I have bad cravings too. But we are all here for you. I just post and post, keeps my fingers busy, so not eating.
Just look at what you have achieved so far, its fantastic.
Be strong hun, you can do this, you know you can.
xxx

Thanks Foosey! Just found cravings particularly bad today. It didn't help that my cdc kept persuading me to go on 1000 cals diet when I really don't want to. I want to get this under control first althought I've not cheated once yet, yet certainly felt like it about a million times!

Thats how strong you are you see, thought about it a million times but never have. Now thats some willpower. See how strong you are?

Thanks Foosey, I'm off to sleep now and it is satisfying to know another day on CD has been successful xxx

Just wanted to say you have done very well and you should move up plan when you are ready too cravings are nasty nasty things but you are in control that's what is important it's hard but you can do it you have already proved it.

Unbelievable - you are so so strong for not giving in these 4 weeks! An inspiration!
I like to look at before/after pictures online to show myself that even the heaviest people can get really REALLY skinny! I dont know, it just really helps me :)

Hi Broxi, just keep thinking to yourself I have come this far I am not going to give in now. I try to cope by thinking if I give in and have a little treat then I will be adding an extra week which I will have to be on the programme and for me that would cost me £50 - with £50 I could buy myself something really nice - or even have a mini pampering day - and then I think to myself what do I want more - a little treat now which would only make you feel better for matter of minutes before you felt really guilty and like failure OR 2 hours treatment of a hot stone massage and relaxing facial followed by sitting in a spa pool. To me no comparisons I try to think like this and it helps me - hope it helps you too. Keep strong your doing really well x x

Wow thanks everyone for the help. I like the one that I am in control. I also love what Tinkerbella said about money- that's dead right and I could get a really nice top/trousers/skirt or whatever when I'm thin! That has really helped, honestly.

I think some days are worse for cravings - yesterday felt like torture probably because I'd to sit and watch people eating my very favourite stodgy/comfort food.

Do the longtimers know if these diminish in time?

Thanks everyone! xxx

Back