when do you actually start to feel thinner?

I've now lost just over a stone and have to say I am starting to feel slimmer, today I wore a pair of trousers to work, I majorly needed to wear a belt with them...I spent the whole day hoisting them up, whereas the last time I wore them they didn't fit.
In saying that I genuinely do not think I look thinner however some of my work colleagues and my mum think you can really see a difference. I wish I had taken measurements at the start of my SW journey but for now I'm going to go by the scales and clothes.
Regardless of whether clothes are baggy or not, I FEEL more confident, I walk around with my head up :) I'm by no means 'slim' but I feel better than I did 3 weeks ago :)

Clothes getting looser does a bit but for me i had a moment recently when i caught my reflection in a window and honestly thought 'whose that? my god thats me!' and someone at work who i spend all day with said she thought the same which made me smile. I don't feel thin, but i do feel thinner!

Clothes getting looser does a bit but for me i had a moment recently when i caught my reflection in a window and honestly thought 'whose that? my god thats me!' and someone at work who i spend all day with said she thought the same which made me smile. I don't feel thin, but i do feel thinner!

I had the opposite experience. Going into the railway station to buy my daughter a ticket and they had this wall of mirror glass. I saw this little round dumpy person walking towards the ticket booth .... and it took me about a minute to realise it was me! Talk about getting a shock .. but it was the kick up the backside I needed to set about shifting this weight I have slowly been gaining over the past five years. I knew I was bigger ... I just didn't realise how big.

Can't wait for the day I think 'who's that'? for all the right reasons!

Morrigan96 said:
I had the opposite experience. Going into the railway station to buy my daughter a ticket and they had this wall of mirror glass. I saw this little round dumpy person walking towards the ticket booth .... and it took me about a minute to realise it was me! Talk about getting a shock .. but it was the kick up the backside I needed to set about shifting this weight I have slowly been gaining over the past five years. I knew I was bigger ... I just didn't realise how big.

Can't wait for the day I think 'who's that'? for all the right reasons!
I'm sure u will get there. X
I've been big all my life - i just assume i'm the fat one.. I don't know what i look like slim - its a bit weird seeming a whole different body shape - fascinating though!

I dont feel any different in my clothes yet, lost 7lb but i do have alot more energy, my skin in clearer. I do feel so much better plus my sacatia which i have suffered with for years have eased a little, cant wait till i can start to feel it in my clothes though.

i have lost 12lbs and look slimmer when im wearing my clothes, but when im in the shower and look down i certainly dont think i do! :eek:

I lost about 2 stone before my clothes needed replacing. I have taken measurements but only check every few months. I've started taking photos on my phone every week and the difference from one week to the next isn't great but look back a few months and there's a big difference - helps when I'm feeling fat ;)

Ive just started to notice after losing 26lbs x I kinda wish I hasn't noticed though as overnight it appears my chest has completely disappeared from a 36E to a 32D... It'll come soon enough hun xx

Last edited:
I noticed in the past few days. A few people that did not know I was losing weight have also commented this week. I can wear a smaller pair of jeans now, and my gym hoodie can now do up and look normal on me.

It really does just creep up on you,

It's funny but just as much that I was in denial that I had put on weight, it actually takes ages to feel that you have lost some. Mine was my work uniform. I have to wear an Unflattering A Line skirt and a horrible shirt, not even a blouse. Just before Xmas, I could just about do the skirt zip up, the lining had ripped where It was obviously too small and I couldn't do the button up, I had to tuck it inside the waistband.....soooooo uncomfortable. The shirt just about fitted but it felt way too tight across my shoulders. After losing a stone, I could do the skirt up properly and just about sit in it without it digging in at the waist. Now at two stone loss, the skirt is so comfortable, if not slightly too big. I can turn it round whilst still on without even undoing it. And my shirt- Could go down a size now. Still a long way to go; about another 3 stone but when your clothes start to feel better and actually fit, who needs the scales. You will get there, I,d say in the next couple of weeks so stay with it!!!

I noticed straight away
I think I noticed my face in the first few weeks!
Then my waist!

Other people are only just noticing now! 2 stone down lol!

It really does just sneak up on you!
I lost 5 stone in 2010 and it was only at the two stone mark that I could see the difference and that other people started to notice.
This time, it was at around 10lbs (but I have a lot less to lose).
The most important thing is how you feel! Knowing that you are doing something gives me a massive confidence boost!

Really well done on your loss so far. You will clearly see the results very soon!

Well, tonight I noticed a difference for the first time. I decided to have a bath for the first time in ages (I usually shower). I filled the bath to my usual level, climbed in and it was still too shallow :)
I have an 'economy shape bath' which means its rather narrow to save water... And i've noticed my bum has more room to move then it did! lol!

I've lost 2.5 stone (1 St left to loose to target) and only this week have people noticed and I can see the difference (not slim but not huge any more) x

Back