when do you feel at home in your new body?

medhurst37

Hi all, I have now been at goal for 4 weeks and am still struggling to see the new me when I look in the mirror, I still see the fat me rather than the new me. Is this feeling something you have all experienced? If so how long did it take you to feel comfy in your new shape.
I can easily see how eating disorders can start and certainly don't want to go down that route but I am struggling. Any advice will be appreciated.

To be honest I am still struggling with it... It's something you need to get used to. Get friends to take pictures of you, stick them up.. A visual reminder may be the only way to truly get used to the fact that you are different now...
I still see myself as huge... but it does change - if I feel positive in the day I feel slender and tiny... if I feel insecure I feel absolutely huge... There is no way my body actually CHANGES within a day... so a lot of it is down to changing the way you think...

It will pass, your confidence is still low as it was when you was big, go out and treat yourelf to cloths and let peoples compliments tell you something about the new you.

Remember you was beautiful before and you are now, it will get better trust me, we have all been there

Yep - I finished RTM in December and I still feel like I should have lost more, even though my ribs feel like a washboard and my hips stick out, etc., I still look in the mirror and see myself innaccurately.

Think it takes a long time, relative to how long you were fat.

I was fat for 25 years....those feelings were pretty well cemented in and will take time to wash away. Photos do help convince me. :)

If im looking in a mirror to check makeup outfit etc then i know its me but if i come across my reflection umexpectedly eg in a shop/club loos ive often thought it was literally someone else comoing in the room. Thats a weird feeling

I think it does get easier as time goes on, however saying that I have been at goal for nearly 2 years and still hold up my jeans and wander how I get in them!

Something else I've found is if I look at myself naked I feel bigger than if I look at myself clothed:confused: Havent got a clue why that should be.

As time goes on and your confidently maintaining you'll feel a lot better.

Tracey
x

Sorry to butt in but I was a bit curious about this thread. I am on week 10 of LL and still have at least another 10 weeks to go but I am the same as you Tracey. When I look in the mirror naked, I feel exactly the same as I did 4 stone heavier. But when i am clothed I can really see the difference and start to feel thin. It's wierd how the mind works!!

Sorry to butt in but I was a bit curious about this thread. I am on week 10 of LL and still have at least another 10 weeks to go but I am the same as you Tracey. When I look in the mirror naked, I feel exactly the same as I did 4 stone heavier. But when i am clothed I can really see the difference and start to feel thin. It's wierd how the mind works!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one Becky:) Maybe it's something to do with when we look at the clothes off they do look small compared to the clothes we have worn for years, so subconsciously when we put them on we too feel smaller:confused:

I still pick up the bigger sizes first in shops too:eek:

Very strange, hubby reckons I'm body dismorphic (sp?):rolleyes:

Tracey
xxx

Back