When do you have to stop S&S Total?

Wisney

Hi guys! I've just ordered my first lot of S&S. I've tried Exante in the past but Exante was far too hard, S&S looks so much more doable.

I know that on Exante, they said that every 4 weeks, you have to add a meal and up your calories to 1000 a day for a week.
I'm assuming you have to do the same for S&S, just to be on the safe side (although I know that a 12 week maximum on a TFR is meant to be the maximum amount of time).

My big question is, at what weight are you no longer safely allowed to do a total VLCD of 600 cals? My BMI is 30.7 atm, so I know I'm safe to do it for a while, but will a time come when I would have to switch to doing 1000-1200 cals permanently? Or could I still use a total VLCD (with the add a meal weak) until I reach my target weight?

You don't actually have to add a meal on S&S every 4 weeks, you are only advised to up the calories after 12 weeks on the plan, and most people do not add a meal every 4th week. That's pretty much the same as the Lighterlife and CD plans, but of course it's your choice. You can have a protein / veg meal as an option on S&S anyway instead of the 4th pack so you don't need to do it to add some variety, only if you want to in order to add the calories if you feel better about that.

I would say that you should be ok to keep going to goal if you want to as it's still in the healthy BMI range but I'd play it by ear to be honest. By the time you lose a few stone in a few months you may find that it's the right time to step up to a higher calorie target (but keeping the carbs to around 60g). I stepped up to 800 calories about a month ago and am still losing, but now average around 2lbs a week instead or more like 3lbs. I'm ok with that though.

Oh excellent! I'm hoping that the ready meals taste great enough that I don't feel the need to swap them out for a protein meal. I guess you're right, I will play it by ear and see how things go. I would love to make it all the way to week 12 on just the 4 packs a day, then I could just go up to 1200 cals for a week and then carry on with 600 after that. Your stats are so impressive BordersGirl, I feel so inspired by the amount you've lost!!

Back