When Do You Realise You Are Losing Weight?

Indeed they are incredible. I would imagine M&S is a good place to find that, they have all sorts of kinds of things in all sizes, I do heart them. Let us know if it works!

I think the only time I ever start to believe the weight is going is when other people start to comment. I tend to avoid the mirrors as much as I can, until this point. I said to my fiance last night 'do you think I am shrinking' he said 'Yes you are from here, here and here' and pointed at my hips, stomach and bum!

I find winter is such a good time to loose weight as I am always in baggy clothes and people dont notice it falling off so much as they do during the summer.

Drat. I was in M&S over the weekend and didn't think to look. Next month, then :D

My fella too is telling me that it's certainly coming off. And I believe him. My clothes are too big, the "smaller" jeans I bought are now too big... Somehow just convincing the brain that all the evidence is pointing to me actually getting smaller, though, seems quite difficult.

Brains are so tricksy! :D

Its strange that, because i'm finding it difficult to believe that I have lost weight, I know that I have because my clothes are too big, and on the scales i've lost 4 stones, but my body is still fat...just smaller fat, lol I keep having dreams too that I wake up one day and the scales jump back to where they were.

I wish i'd taken measurements of my body before I started, and also photos, I think those things are good for motivation, all I have is the scales and baggy clothes, and I still manage to convice my brain that they've been stretched in the wash and thats why they're too big.

I'm not able to wear a ring that my partner bought me, a diamond ring that I promised i'd never take off. I tried getting a wee metal thing to stick in it to make it smaller, but it doesn't work :cry: I didn't even realise my fingers were fat!!

Littlemiss-why don't you get a nice chain that's the same colour as the ring and wear it around your neck? :)

My mum got me this beautiful black onyx and silver ring for my 20th birthday-I absolutely love it, it's classic yet vintage but it keeps falling off my hand. I still wear it but I have to take it off for most things, sighs.

Thats a great idea, but I just can't wear necklaces...just don't like the look of them on me, I could maybe wear it on a bracelet? Or would that be too easy to rip off?

:confused::confused:

Crazybit,
ASDA do a slimming dress thing that is like a tube and holds you in for only £6. I finally got one but I have only tried it on, so I don't know how you could wear it with jeans.

I have to say though I wasn't overly impressed with the tummy control area so if you find something that really works please let us know.

Shelz,
I am still having such a problem accepting I am losing. I won't ask hubby as I am still a light's off person so he still only sees me in baggy jumpers.......... Like Crazybit my brain just will not accept my weight loss yet.

Little miss,
well done on your weight loss. For the short term have you tried some thin celloptape wrapped around and arounds the part of your ring that sits by your palm.

Otherwise it sounds like it is a jewellers job to make it smaller.

I hadn't thought about my rings before but I do now spend a lot of time turning them the right way round....., oh gosh am I going to need mine made smaller when I reach target.

Just Peachy,
have you deceided on the dress yet? Well done on your loss, have you got the earings then?

Vicky R
You have done so well and you are so near to your target you know you need to keep motivated to keep up the good work. Any support give us a shout, we are all here to help.

Littlemiss-yeah I think a bracelet could work! Or get it fixed at the jeweller's I guess...

Suzy-yeah, I went back today, got the earrings as a reward for my -2 (yay). Looked at the dress again, looked at the size 16 and the size 18 next to another... resisted trying them on. Going to go back when I'm reached 200 (-20 pounds) and hoooppppeffully size 16 will fit me but doubtful! Here's to hoping.

I'd go with a longer necklace. You probably don't like most necklaces because they draw attention to, you know... erm... there's no nice way of saying "double chin", so, er... That. But if you get an 18" or longer chain you can tuck the necklace in down under your clothes.

Never buy thin chain though. Not to hold something that valuable!

I wouldn't get a ring adjusted more than once, so wait until you're where you want to be before getting a jeweller to reduce it :)

Its amazing isn't it. I actually quite liked wearing the ring when it was loose, as it was a constant reminder that i've lost weight, but it got to the stage it was literally falling off (it was fitted when bought :eek:)

Tried sellotape, string ect. Gonna wait til I get to goal then get it made smaller - its white gold and it needs re-plated so I can get that done at the same time.

:)

I still can't tell! I still look really, really fat to me. :D Although that said my tum is definitely smaller. But my face still looks fat and my higs/legs/bum area are STILL huge (I am pear-shaped!) Although I've dropped two dress sizes, 20 on top, to 16 and 22 on bottom to 18. So hurrah for that! :)

It gives me some motivation.

Thank you Suzyk! Support of people on these forums makes it so much easier to stay motivated! x

Hi Vicky

Thanks for the "thank you!" In the past I have never managed to stick to a diet like I am now.

I know for me Go Lower is actually easy and I do feel for those that are struggling as I know if I had this kind of support in the past I may have done better.

Also only seeing a consultant once a week and then in a room full of people not only did the consultant not have enough time but there was no privacy. Now I can call my consultant at Go Lower any time and be totally honest with her.

Just Peachy, well done on the earrings. Are you going to use that dress as a target to reach?

Wasted Ink

I do sympathise, the dreaded pear shape..... I am so with you there!
It still hasn't hit home with me that I have lost and yet clothes are loser. I haven't had a big shop yet so I don't know what size I have gone done to. I am still in the mens large baggy jumpers.......

my uniform has these popper buttons and the bottom one pops!! so hoping to stop it popping and that will be proof enough for me:)

apart from people saying, it generally clothes that fit better that tell me i am going in the right direction!

good thread, for me I dont feel any different but people are starting to notice and comment and I am like oh yeah in that throw away tone going red (why do I do that) but loving the paper towel thought too

cheers

Hi Breadbin,

my clothes do fit better so I know I am losing but a part of me just thinks that is because my clothes have stretched. Stupid, I know but that is how my brain is still working. Only last week my belt went to a tighter notch but I still can't accept that it is because the weight is coming off!

Solsticediva

I am waiting for those compliments so you make sure you enjoy yours. We all feel embarassed when our weight is mentioned and that is probably why you go red. Just hold you had high and say, yes that is right I have lost some, thank you and make sure you feel very proud of yourself because you deserve it!

Back