When do you take your exante meals

Goldie101

Hi everybody...starting today...just wondering when you have your exante meals. Do you spread them out evenly over the day. I plan to go for a quick swim every morning before work but don't fancy chugging one down at 6.30 in the morning before I head out!
Thanks

Mine are quite spread out, my breakfast is very early coz I start work early and it's so busy in work in the mornings, I won't really get a chance to have breakfast in work. So I'll have that at 7am, then lunch between 1-2pm and dinner as late as possible, 8pm ish usually. And then to bed quite early. Mainly because the evenings are such a tough time for me to stay on track and my instinct will always tell me that I need something after dinner. So having dinner late ish seems to help.

Thanks everybody for your replies. I think that I am going to try to make a flask with shake in the morning and drink it at work first thing after my swim..I think it might make me feel sick when I am doing my swim (even though like the milkshakes), then have a bar at lunchtime and try to wait until after my evening walk for the last one just before bed so that should keep me going until the morning. Now off to walk the dog! great support on here. Big pint of water and I'm off! have a great day everyone! :)

Just one thing, the shakes/soups are meant to be consumed straight away after making them up. So making it in a flask and taking it with you might not be the best thing to do. Have you got a shaker you could take with just water in it and then make up the shake just before drinking it?

If you make them up beforehand the nutrients break down apparently. Also they taste funny if you don't drink it within 15 minutes x

Yes I agree with the others. I usually take a shaker with me to circuits as I finish at 7pm and don't fancy it before exercising, like you. You only have to tip the powder in and shake then so quite easy enough. Or take a bar as you can eat on the move if need be? x

Thanks for your replies..I have a shaker and could bring that..I was just trying to be discreet at work so I didn't have to answer any questions or unsolicited 'advice' from the skinny minnies who are lucky enough to eat like horses all day because they 'just CAN'T put weight on!' :mad: Drives me mad at times! :D

I know that feeling! I tried to be discreet for the first week but it gets unavoidable, luckily people didn't really ask they just wonder quietly to themselves haha to be honest what annoys me more is when people say things like "ooh you don't need to lose weight" without realising what the scales actually say about your BMI :eek:

I loosely follow 12 5 and 9, never earlier, often later

just wondering when you have your exante meals.
I have a soup sometime between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., then a bar sometime between 4.30 p.m and 5 p.m., and a shake round about 7.30 p.m to 8 p.m.

I work in blocks of four days at a time, so that I rotate all the flavours equally and don't end up with a stockpile of the flavours that I like the least. So in every four-day period, I have one of each flavour of soup, two of each flavour of bar, and one of each flavour of shake.

There was a woman on here a few months back who made up her soups and took them to work in a flask, she was on Exante for about 6 months and said that having the packs already made up but actually consuming them a few hours later didn't seem to make any difference to her losses, and she didn't feel ill or anything considering that the nutrients etc are meant to start to deplete after 15 mins or whatever it is. So I think if you did decided to have the soups already made up in a flask, it wouldn't be the end of the world x

Well, the calories/carb/protein content wouldn't alter so of course you'd see the same losses. The nutrients are a different story to that. You could eat a low carb diet of only 600kcals and lose the same amount or more as with Exante. But you'd be hard pressed to include the same vitamins/minerals and end up depriving your body.

With that in mind, Exante gives the advice to consume the packs as soon as possible after. If that is the advice Exante gives then I'd try and stick with it. It might not always be possible and every so often having a shake/soup/whatever that was prepared a few hours before won't make a difference.

Btw, same thing with fruit juice. I have a juicer and before Exante lived on a juicing diet (will go back on that after). You need to drink the juice immediately after because as soon as it starts oxidising, it loses its nutrients. I expect the same principle applies here.

Couldn't have said it better than bee!!

There is no point risking not having enough nutrients so drink them immediately... You will still have the same loses and be skinnier but your body won't be thanking you from the inside of its nutrient deprived!

Timings of the shakes, I tried to take them around my usual meal times to help when it came to refeeding and introducing food again, I tried not to have a pack after 6pm so that I wouldn't be encouraged to snack at night times

.....Timings of the shakes, I tried to take them around my usual meal times to help when it came to refeeding and introducing food again, I tried not to have a pack after 6pm so that I wouldn't be encouraged to snack at night times

That's a good point actually, hadn't thought of it like that. Being a serial offender when it comes to night time snacking I always try and have my last pack late. I wonder if it means that my brain is still clinging on to that habit only expressing it differently.

It could be? Why not start making your times a bit earlier each week and before you know it you have stopped the need for night time picking??

I'm with chelly, I've stuck to normal meal times for my packs. It's hard to get through some evenings but now I know I can so when I get back to normal food I hope to keep the self discipline!!

This is only day 4 for me so have been a bit random taking my shakes/bar. Day 2 I was too busy with work and didn't get to take my first meal until 2.30pm which meant I still had 2 shakes to get through it the evening..was tempted not to bother with the last one as I couldn't face it but persevered and had it at 10.30pm. I think that is too late as I just drank it quickly before bed. Must get the routine sorted! Being so busy at work this week has helped! (looking on the bright side here!) ;)

I have mine at 7.30am, 12.30pm and 6pm ish. It's good to keep to your regular meal times as it will help with re-feeding. It is just the evenings for me that are the hardest.....but you know what? If you're chomping at the bit for something good in the evening, I sometimes have and extra sachet of chocolate and make it up as a hot choc. :)

Back