When does the hunger go?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by tryin again, 28 April 2009 Social URL.

1. tryin again

tryin again Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    1st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    17st0.9lb(94.04%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    On day 6 and in ketosis now but still get a rumbling tummy about 1 1/2 hours before pack is due. This is surely not emotional hunger is my stomachs growling. Don't get me wrong i am no way near as hungry as i was but will the hunger dissapear totally?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Hi TA

I am in week 8 now, but still get a rumbling tummy, but am never ever hungry at all! My rumbling tummy can be at any time of the day, even straight after I've had a pack, so I don't think it's anything to do with hunger at all - I quite like it, it makes me and my OH laugh a lot! :D

4. X~Libby~X

X~Libby~X Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.81%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi guys...a lot of the time if your stomach is growling and you're in ketosis, you are actually thirsty. Our very helpful brain decided to allocate the same triggers for hunger and thirst. Remember, THINK THIRST FIRST! A common mistake people in the world of f**d make hence getting overweight!

Hope this helps!

x

5. Snorks

Snorks Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1lb(41.1%)
    My stomach has been making the loudest most wonderful noises since starting LL, and I know it's not because I'm hungry. There just always seems to be gurgling and growling from the general vicinity of my stomach. I think it's just the way it is, or you need more water.

6. tryin again

tryin again Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    1st1.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    17st0.9lb(94.04%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for your replies, I'm drinking over 4 litres of water a day so maybe the hunger is in my head, only my first week though so i'm sure my body is still getting used to it. I'm not overly hungry and not at all tempted to eat so thats a good thing. Is it normal to be hungry when a pack is due though? If not how do we learn to recognise real hunger?

7. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    We got told that it is just our digestive systems, we just don't hear it when we are eating normal food.

It makes me and my OH laugh. Although it is very off putting at a certain time of the day in a certain room of the house!!!

8. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    When is a pack "due"? That's all in your head right there, the thought that "it's X o'clock, time for something to eat". 'meal times' are something that you don't have to worry about on LL, I tend to save my packs for the evenings now as that's when I know I want something with some flavour.

It doesn't matter when you have your packs, so long as you have 4 each day, so take this oppotunity to re-train your thinking away from the instilled thoughts of having to eat at a certain time/s because it's "what we do".

As for recognising real hunger, thats a tricky one, and one that I don't think can be really dealt with until you actual experience hunger again (mid-to-end RTM I suspect). Don't worry about it for now!

I personally really enjoyed the whole "stomach rumbling" thing for the first few months, each time it did it I just though "hahah! you're not fooling me, and you're getting nowt so be quiet! :D " It helped me anyway!

9. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    No hunger

By the end of the first week you should be well into ketosis. One of the effects of that is to feel little or no hunger. That's why so many of us are able to stick to LL without lapsing as you would expect. Thank God hetakes the hunger away. When you get to RTM it's a different matter. A good topic of discussion for your LL group I'd say.
    Good luck with your weight loss.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.