When does the hunger go?

tryin again

On day 6 and in ketosis now but still get a rumbling tummy about 1 1/2 hours before pack is due. This is surely not emotional hunger is my stomachs growling. Don't get me wrong i am no way near as hungry as i was but will the hunger dissapear totally?

Hi guys...a lot of the time if your stomach is growling and you're in ketosis, you are actually thirsty. Our very helpful brain decided to allocate the same triggers for hunger and thirst. Remember, THINK THIRST FIRST! A common mistake people in the world of f**d make hence getting overweight!

Hope this helps!

x

My stomach has been making the loudest most wonderful noises since starting LL, and I know it's not because I'm hungry. There just always seems to be gurgling and growling from the general vicinity of my stomach. I think it's just the way it is, or you need more water.

Thanks for your replies, I'm drinking over 4 litres of water a day so maybe the hunger is in my head, only my first week though so i'm sure my body is still getting used to it. I'm not overly hungry and not at all tempted to eat so thats a good thing. Is it normal to be hungry when a pack is due though? If not how do we learn to recognise real hunger?

We got told that it is just our digestive systems, we just don't hear it when we are eating normal food.

It makes me and my OH laugh. Although it is very off putting at a certain time of the day in a certain room of the house!!!

Is it normal to be hungry when a pack is due though? If not how do we learn to recognise real hunger?

When is a pack "due"? That's all in your head right there, the thought that "it's X o'clock, time for something to eat". 'meal times' are something that you don't have to worry about on LL, I tend to save my packs for the evenings now as that's when I know I want something with some flavour.

It doesn't matter when you have your packs, so long as you have 4 each day, so take this oppotunity to re-train your thinking away from the instilled thoughts of having to eat at a certain time/s because it's "what we do".

As for recognising real hunger, thats a tricky one, and one that I don't think can be really dealt with until you actual experience hunger again (mid-to-end RTM I suspect). Don't worry about it for now!

I personally really enjoyed the whole "stomach rumbling" thing for the first few months, each time it did it I just though "hahah! you're not fooling me, and you're getting nowt so be quiet! :D " It helped me anyway!

No hunger

By the end of the first week you should be well into ketosis. One of the effects of that is to feel little or no hunger. That's why so many of us are able to stick to LL without lapsing as you would expect. Thank God hetakes the hunger away. When you get to RTM it's a different matter. A good topic of discussion for your LL group I'd say.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Back