When it comes to cereal.

Yasmine

One last chance
Ok I've looked on boxes of cereal and I'm a little confused about ready break.

Ok on the chocolate ready break box, it says there are 108kcals per every 30g serving.

Are they reffering to it in dry weight?

If I make it with semi-skimmed milk would I have to also add the calories for the milk?

What about water?, water has no calories, but with some foods water adds to calories like rice because of the extra weight. How can I calculate the calories for it if water has no calories?

I wouldnt add calories for water, but on the box of scotts porridge oats I use, it gives you dry weight, but also weight when made with skimmed milk, I divided the difference between the two as I use it with half skimmed milk and half water.

Weigh the rice etc after it's cooked.

The ready brek will be dry weight and then you'll add the calories of the milk to it. x

I wouldnt add calories for water, but on the box of scotts porridge oats I use, it gives you dry weight, but also weight when made with skimmed milk, I divided the difference between the two as I use it with half skimmed milk and half water.
Oh I see. That's handy.

Weigh the rice etc after it's cooked.

The ready brek will be dry weight and then you'll add the calories of the milk to it. x
Ooooh I get it, cheers :)

Back