When it comes to target...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BrittW, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you ever think; "Cor, that's a long way off..."

I know you're meant to break it down into manageable smaller goals but i keep focussing on the big prize!

How do you motivate yourself that the smaller goals will be enough to keep you going? xo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I always thought in terms of packets of butter- I lost so slow that half a pound really meant something.

Actually go to the dairy section and pick up a packet of butter- that is half a pound of fat- think about losing just one of those at a time....

I couldn't even lift 224 packets of butter now, but used to have that many stuck to me!!!!

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I never really thought like this, I don't look at it in terms of time, I take it a pound at a time and try not to rush.
    I was at target for over 2 years then lapsed a bit and I'm slowly getting back. 9lbs to go. It's slow but I'm getting there and taking it nice and steady. I would like to be back there in a few months but it will happen.
    I don't beat myself up for going out of target now, If I didn't carry on going to SW I'd have put all 3 stone back on long ago, probably more.
    So, nope, I don't think it's a long way off - I'll get there. Whenever!

5. juicygooseface

juicygooseface ♥juicy♥

Start Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.89%)
    Diet:
    my diet!!
    i like trying on old clothes that dont fit anymore wooo even if its an item of clothing that just starts fitting better and better :)

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well first is my 10% which is, then 13 stones then 10 and finlly my final target of 9.7. I chose 13stone as that is my platue point. Even though i feel and look so much better at that point to go any lower i have to step up fully and generally increase my exercise a fair amount, for everything to restart. Obviously never done sw before so it might be different. But also 13 stone is the first point i start to feel better about myself :D. As for time span not sure seeing how it goes.

7. sweet pink

sweet pink is losing for shoes

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(34.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I first started following sw all I could think of was target. What it would be like to be at target & how long would it take me to get there. I saw everyone with mini targets & wondered what was the point. When I lost the same amount of weight that my youngest daughter weighed I aimed on losing the weight of my middle & then my eldest. It was only then that I realised that I did actually have mini targets too & actually these were what was keeping me going & it made the journey to target that bit more enjoyable. Now I focus more on getting the next stone off & although target is in the back of my mind I'm enjoying the journey. Its become a way of life now though I still surprise myself when I am out & about with the healthy choices I make without being tempted by the sweetie isle!!! :eek: I NEVER thought I could do that!!! Now instead I reward myself with a new ridiculously expensive & utterly impractical pair of killer heals to wear with all the lovely lush dresses I'm going to wear when I'm at target!!! Or as my hubby jokes...think of the shoes & not the dress... it will follow ;)

8. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    To be honest I hardly ever think about reaching goal - it's just too far away for me. I've set some meaningful short term targets (see sig) and these are all that I focus on. If I didn't have them to focus on I'd feel a bit lost. So I'd say set some short and medium term targets that mean something to you and concentrate on reaching them first.

9. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Same as Krupskaya! :D

I am looking forward to lots of mini milestones instead - the next stone category, club 20 etc.

Britt - try not to look too far ahead. Eat lovely meals and enjoy the ride. By all accounts, this is the fun bit! The hard work starts when we reach target.

10. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I also go by inch loose too my first waist goal really is to get down to 32 inches sooo its healthy(only 7to go lol)

11. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I am taking it one lb at a time - each week i aim to lose 1lb.

That is my new way of thinking and so far its going well.

Yay!

x

12. suze1310

suze1310 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.19%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I too set myself little goals to aim for my next one is my little girls birthday in April and I keep myself on track by thinking about how good I feel now and how this will be even more once I get to my mini target! And 7 lbs sounds achievable compared to 27 I need to get to my target! That just makes me think iv got forever to go and brings me down!

13. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I am the same! Dont care how long it takes me, I am a slow loser anyway, having said that I lost 2.5lbs last week, dont ask me how I managed that as I had been trundling along with the odd 1lb, and even0.5lb. I just want to lose weight and still enjoy my food, no point otherwise and I am really enjoying this S W journey. Look forward to the group although get a bit worked up just before W I, as we all do. I have another stone to lose I think but havent yet set a PAT.

14. *Theresa*

*Theresa* Full Member

I have little goals to spur me on....going down a stone...getting a stone sticker...going down under half stone mark...getting the half stone smiley...and repeat for the next 14lbs :)

15. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I havent really thought about the end Target weight to be honest until very recently when my consultant asked me if i had set a Target weight .... i just thought I would know when I wanted to stop ... when my body looked better!!! I just went with the little targets ... new stone bracket, single digits ( 9lb - 1lb) and into the next stone bracket ... so its just gradually come off .... i am happy with any loss really x

16. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    I aim to just loose, anything will do each week as long as its a loss

17. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    when i started sw i was like that too thinking about target but then i realised i was annoying myself and just decided to set mini goals instead..the shiny stickers really help.when i look at my food optimising book and see them it makes me smile because ive achieved alot in 8 weeks..my next goals are my 1 an a half stone award and club 10 which i hope to get next tuesday!! I ve started to try on some clothes that didnt fit when i started and im seeing the difference thats great motivatiuon for me...
    just try and have some patience with yourself and know that u will get there :) x x x x x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hoping for club 10 in about 2 weeks. But if it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen. Like you say, just happy with a loss really. I dont even mind others losses being far greater than mine, I am really pleased for them we all get there hopefully in the end!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.