When it comes to target...

BrittW

Timelord
Do you ever think; "Cor, that's a long way off..."

I know you're meant to break it down into manageable smaller goals but i keep focussing on the big prize!

How do you motivate yourself that the smaller goals will be enough to keep you going? xo

I always thought in terms of packets of butter- I lost so slow that half a pound really meant something.

Actually go to the dairy section and pick up a packet of butter- that is half a pound of fat- think about losing just one of those at a time....

I couldn't even lift 224 packets of butter now, but used to have that many stuck to me!!!!

I never really thought like this, I don't look at it in terms of time, I take it a pound at a time and try not to rush.
I was at target for over 2 years then lapsed a bit and I'm slowly getting back. 9lbs to go. It's slow but I'm getting there and taking it nice and steady. I would like to be back there in a few months but it will happen.
I don't beat myself up for going out of target now, If I didn't carry on going to SW I'd have put all 3 stone back on long ago, probably more.
So, nope, I don't think it's a long way off - I'll get there. Whenever!

i like trying on old clothes that dont fit anymore wooo even if its an item of clothing that just starts fitting better and better :)

well first is my 10% which is, then 13 stones then 10 and finlly my final target of 9.7. I chose 13stone as that is my platue point. Even though i feel and look so much better at that point to go any lower i have to step up fully and generally increase my exercise a fair amount, for everything to restart. Obviously never done sw before so it might be different. But also 13 stone is the first point i start to feel better about myself :D. As for time span not sure seeing how it goes.

When I first started following sw all I could think of was target. What it would be like to be at target & how long would it take me to get there. I saw everyone with mini targets & wondered what was the point. When I lost the same amount of weight that my youngest daughter weighed I aimed on losing the weight of my middle & then my eldest. It was only then that I realised that I did actually have mini targets too & actually these were what was keeping me going & it made the journey to target that bit more enjoyable. Now I focus more on getting the next stone off & although target is in the back of my mind I'm enjoying the journey. Its become a way of life now though I still surprise myself when I am out & about with the healthy choices I make without being tempted by the sweetie isle!!! :eek: I NEVER thought I could do that!!! Now instead I reward myself with a new ridiculously expensive & utterly impractical pair of killer heals to wear with all the lovely lush dresses I'm going to wear when I'm at target!!! Or as my hubby jokes...think of the shoes & not the dress... it will follow ;)

To be honest I hardly ever think about reaching goal - it's just too far away for me. I've set some meaningful short term targets (see sig) and these are all that I focus on. If I didn't have them to focus on I'd feel a bit lost. So I'd say set some short and medium term targets that mean something to you and concentrate on reaching them first.

Same as Krupskaya! :D

I am looking forward to lots of mini milestones instead - the next stone category, club 20 etc.

Britt - try not to look too far ahead. Eat lovely meals and enjoy the ride. By all accounts, this is the fun bit! The hard work starts when we reach target.

I am taking it one lb at a time - each week i aim to lose 1lb.

That is my new way of thinking and so far its going well.

Yay!

x

I too set myself little goals to aim for my next one is my little girls birthday in April and I keep myself on track by thinking about how good I feel now and how this will be even more once I get to my mini target! And 7 lbs sounds achievable compared to 27 I need to get to my target! That just makes me think iv got forever to go and brings me down!

I am the same! Dont care how long it takes me, I am a slow loser anyway, having said that I lost 2.5lbs last week, dont ask me how I managed that as I had been trundling along with the odd 1lb, and even0.5lb. I just want to lose weight and still enjoy my food, no point otherwise and I am really enjoying this S W journey. Look forward to the group although get a bit worked up just before W I, as we all do. I have another stone to lose I think but havent yet set a PAT.

I have little goals to spur me on....going down a stone...getting a stone sticker...going down under half stone mark...getting the half stone smiley...and repeat for the next 14lbs :)

I havent really thought about the end Target weight to be honest until very recently when my consultant asked me if i had set a Target weight .... i just thought I would know when I wanted to stop ... when my body looked better!!! I just went with the little targets ... new stone bracket, single digits ( 9lb - 1lb) and into the next stone bracket ... so its just gradually come off .... i am happy with any loss really x

when i started sw i was like that too thinking about target but then i realised i was annoying myself and just decided to set mini goals instead..the shiny stickers really help.when i look at my food optimising book and see them it makes me smile because ive achieved alot in 8 weeks..my next goals are my 1 an a half stone award and club 10 which i hope to get next tuesday!! I ve started to try on some clothes that didnt fit when i started and im seeing the difference thats great motivatiuon for me...
just try and have some patience with yourself and know that u will get there :) x x x x x

Hoping for club 10 in about 2 weeks. But if it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen. Like you say, just happy with a loss really. I dont even mind others losses being far greater than mine, I am really pleased for them we all get there hopefully in the end!

Back