When only something crunchy will do

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Ok so we now all know that pasta doritos are synned and if you make potatoes into chips they are also synned but my question to you is "what do you snack on when you want something dry and crispy to eat on (as opposed to yogurts and fruit etc) that is also very low or syn free" I always end up eatings lots of different things in the attempt to satisfy the need.

Maybe you'll think this is a bit boring, but I love carrot sticks, celery sticks, turnip sticks, red green & yellow pepper sticks, crunchy raw onion ..... practically any raw veggies chopped up, with some couscous or low fat cottage cheese or quark (with spices added) or a combination of these things, set out on a big round tray on my lap while watching TV!

Best o'luck'n'stuff

Maybe you'll think this is a bit boring, but I love carrot sticks, celery sticks, turnip sticks, red green & yellow pepper sticks, crunchy raw onion ..... practically any raw veggies chopped up, with some couscous or low fat cottage cheese or quark (with spices added) or a combination of these things, set out on a big round tray on my lap while watching TV!

Best o'luck'n'stuff
I enjoy dry things like crisps and crackers more tee hee yum yum xx

Ok so we now all know that pasta doritos are synned and if you make potatoes into chips they are also synned but my question to you is "what do you snack on when you want something dry and crispy to eat on (as opposed to yogurts and fruit etc) that is also very low or syn free" I always end up eatings lots of different things in the attempt to satisfy the need.

Hi,
What do you mean, "if you make potatoes into chips they are also synned"?
I thought sw chips were free?
marea

I have my HEB as a snack at night sometimes, I love weetabix crunchy bran, and you get so much!

Want my real answer? I make the SW crisps! Well, to be exact, I make the 'twiglets'. I have them so rarely that I figure it's better than having the real deal. On nights if I'm going drinking at my friend's house I'll make a batch and take with me. At least it's better than snacking on the nuts and Pringles! (and usually, everyone else ends up eating them too!!!)

If you're only having them every so often (not every day) then count a couple of syns for them and have them if they're going to prevent you from chowing down a load of syns in crisps!

If i make sw crisps i have maybe a large potato and turn them into crisps, i don't really syn them as i don't do it very often but i make sure i only use one potato when i do, so that i know i could have just baked the potato and ate it freely, but i chose to make crisps with it. Does that make sense. I don't do it very often and it hasn't made much of a difference to my weight loss so far x

Back