When should I start?!

Katie-Jane0407

Hi everyone!

So I've been lurking around these forums for a while now & I'm really interested in starting S&S! :)
Trouble is I'm not sure when to start?!! I have quite a few things planned over the coming month, but I'm desperate to not put it off any longer!!
My original plan was to start Mon 8th July, which is the monday after my birthday, However the following weekend of the 12th I'm in Scotland for my friends hen do weekend; which means lots of alcohol & naughty food. Then 2 weeks after that its my cousins birthday night out, which again means lots of alcohol! Then I have a big wedding in August! Ahhh and before I know it another couple of months has passed & I'm still miserable about my weight! :(
Anyone have any advice as to when I should start? I would still start on the 8th, & be 100% on plan apart from the social events mentioned, but I'm worried that drinking alcohol if I'm in ketosis is dangerous & it'll ruin everything! What should I do?! Help is needed!

Thanks,
Katie

I would order your food tomorrow and get it for Thursday. You can then have a week or so on plan and have a few days off for your birthday. Then start again for a week before you go to Scotland. Then another week or so on plan before the wedding.
If you feel like you can you can still eat healthy on your social events, before you drink make sure you have a day off and eat well to make sure you soak up the alcohol, If I'm right vodka or fizzy wine is not too calorific :) even if you do 5 days a week on plan you will still loose weight, just not at the same rate as if you were 100% and think how great you would feel a few pounds lighter for those social events. I've lost a stone in 2 weeks and almost feel like I'm eating as much as I used to, just healthier. I'm using the packs as a boost to my diet and finding that as the weight is coming off I can still have treats and days off. As long as you behave when you are on plan you can afford to have the days off for special occasions. You will have still lost more weight than if you waited until August to start!!! (All my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people would say not to start until you are ready to give 100% but I believe 80% is better than 0%!!!) good luck with what you choose and keep us updated!! Xxx

This isn't really the kind of plan where you can come off and go back on all the the time. The switch to using you fat for energy gives up to half a stone of water weight loss in itself, and this will go back on when you come off plan again. Psychologically that's tough, but if you can handle it then ok, go with it. There will always be events, all your life, they don't have to be about eating and drinking for you to enjoy them though. Some people may call events "excuses" too ;) - I call it life. I found a photo last night of me at my fattest, it was a huge (lol) shock to realise it was taken 10 years ago, and after 9 of those 10 years my life and all those events stopped me from losing more than 3 stone (and I lost 2 of them in years 8 & 9). I've now lost 8 stone and my life is totally and absolutely different since that picture. I made a decision that the rest of my life was worth a 3month commitment to lose 3 stone - it was, and I just kept going. I've still had a brilliant time while losing, and honestly and truthfully, there is nothing better than enjoying your life in smaller clothes feeling fabulous.

My advice - order today, start to cut your carbs today, start on plan when your packs arrive. You'll soon be at target :)

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm going to start on the 8th as planned. Il have a week on plan then il have the hen weekend, il make sure I eat healthy meals that contain some carbs the day I go so that the alcohol won't affect me. Does that sound wise? Then I'm pretty sure my cousins bday won't be too much of a problem, il try to stay on plan, then il have a few solid weeks before the wedding. Hoping this wont mess my body about too much! :-/

KJ x

Back