When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

Feeling positive about the new year now! Roll on midnight, i love a fresh start!!!!

Gonna weigh in in the morning for the first time in a week (eeeek!!!) and that will be my starting weight for 2012. Can't wait to get my first 100% week under my belt as it gets so much easier after that!!! Have been trying to reach my ultimate goal of 9st for as long as i can remember, if i can only acheive that one thing (and probably won't acheive much else ;)) I'll be a happy bunny.

One pound and one day at a time :D

Happy New Year everyone xx

Happy new year :)

happy new year!!!!!

Had a brill night last night with all my favourite people (and a few not so favourite ;)) and didn't even miss having a drink!!! and i feel particularly smug being fresh as a daisy today while everyone else is suffering. Got to go out for drinks for my friends b'day in a few hours but will only be for a bit and won't need to drink.

Weighed in this morning at 10st 10lb so even though i've gained 3lbs over xmas i'm still chuffed and a little amazed that this time last year i was 12stone and horribly uncomfortable :D So excited to get 2012 underway x

First day back on plan and am 38 cals under allowance yay!

have been a little bit hungry but nothing a glassof water couldn't fix :D Feel better already!

Another busy day at work though am now officially exhausted :( Tomorrow should be a lot quieter as everyone goes back to work but it won't be any more enjoyable!!!

Least it won't be as busy hey :)

went over cals yesterday but as i only ate when i was actually hungry, drank LOADS of water and am making 100% better choices than I was over xmas i'm gonna take it as a success!! :D Have found that i'm just taking each meal as it comes and choosing the best possible thing available-that way i'm not feeling deprived or stressed bout not having the 'right' food around and it seems to be working as i already feel a lot less bloated!

I've got a feeling i might just make my target this year :)

feeling utterly miserable today and have eaten like a monster! cried at least 5 times over the most ridiculous things and am now convinced i won't be losing anything this week but i've got more pressing concerns at the moment :(

Just had the realization that i've completely wasted my life all because of my confidence issues and my avoidance of criticism and any situations that cause me discomfort. The worst part is i can't see how i will ever change because i'm still doing those things even though i'm aware they don't help me in any way! Am at a complete loss of what to do next and even if someone tells me i know i will find an excuse not to bother.

I want to improve but simply can't be bothered and having no one to blame but myself sucks! i've never been at all motivated to go after what i want (if i ever knew what that was!!)i just wait for things to happen for me....................beyond lazy!!! What a loser xx

You're not a loser!! Please don't ever say that about yourself :cry: Small baby steps are they way forward. If you list all the things you would like to change and you feel it's a big list then it's natural to panic ....... fresh start tomorrow hun :gen126:

Write out all the things you're happy and unhappy with. Think about what things are possible to improve on the unhappy list. You'll hopefully see all is not lost and you can sort things out.

Thanks guys it's good to know someone's listening/reading!! Have made a baby step tonight by refusing to be intimidated by one of the most confident girls i know who normally scares the b'jesus out of me :D i looked her square in the eye (i'm very uncomfortable with eye contact) and spoke to her he same as she was speaking to me instead of shying away and mumbling! She prob didn't notice a thing but it was pushing my boundaries.

I also walked thru the back room of the pub and as i left the people in there said something and laughed. Normally that would fill me with paranoia and at least 20mins pondering what i'd done that looked stupid but i just brushed it off. They prob weren't laughing at me and even if they were.......who cares? they weren't people i even know let alone care too much about!!!

So my official new year resolution (apart from reaching target, naturally) is to truly be myself, relax and worry as little as possible how others view me. I'm sure i'll have a lot more fun if i stop trying to control everything and everyone :)

2012 - let the good times roll :D

Definitely positive steps! Well done you!

I'm sorry you have been feeling terrible. There is absolutley no reason why you should be so down on yourself, it is just your mind playing horrible tricks on you.

Glad yesterday was a little better. It's definitley baby steps that will get you there. To me it sounds like you have major confidence issues. Well done for looking that girl square in the eyes, and ignoring the sniggering in the back room, which I would bet my life on was NOT about you!

I know it's hard, but the journey is only made harder by the feeling of self doubt. Be strong hun, you are fab!! xxx

Feel a little better today but still had a lttle tantrum and tears over a spilt glass of water, which i know was silly but i was frustrated :(

have eaten a lot better today and not nearly maintenance cals like the last 2 days!!! can't believe i haven't managed a 100% week while my enthusiasm was fresh but weigh in sunday and a fresh start. Will do my best to be on track tomorrow tio limit the damage!only need a pound off anyway to reach my target so hopefully 4 out of 7 days within calories will do the trick :D

You can do it!

Well done you!! Bet you feel smashing now! You made huge great strides today, you clearly don't need small steps ; ). I'm really pleased to hear a change in your voice, or writing style xx

I'm still feeling like staying at home and sulking but i made a vow to myself that i'm gonna live this year to it's full potential - whatever that may entail!! Not sleeping in til 1030 in the week will be a start.....lifes too short ;)

Was reading my diaries from 2007,08 and 09 last night and was very depressed by it. Didn't realise how messed up my eating habbits were, replacing dinner with wine skipping breakfast and eating as little as 500 cals some days!!!!!!! No wonder i could never sustain any weight loss for long!! not to mention that my diet was literally all i talked about, there was absolutely no mention of anything else i did those years. So much for a record of my life! even the 2010 edition-otherwise known as the year i got married- had nowt in it bout wedding plans just diet plans..........pathetic!

So threw away the disturbing ones as don't want to remember that or be sucked back into that way of thinking and have started a brand new spanking one for 2012........about life in general not just weight loss targets. Fresh start, no regrets and look to the future :D

Good idea! I know what you mean though. Sorta feels like life is on hold when you're so focused on this sometimes.

So pleased you threw at the really negative ones, no point dragging that horrible depressing negativity around with you. You are doing all the right things hun. Like me you want to live 2012 to the full, so grab the bull by the horns and do it.
Think of that amazing holiday you are going on as a brand new skinny mini. :) xxx

I lost a pound!!!!!!!!! So pleased but really don't deserve it, especially after the galaxy caramel debacle last night ;)

feeling super determinated today just hope it lasts the week this week cos i can't seem to focus mid week any more :(

Back