When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

Well done!

had a much better day yesterday. Stayed under 1300 cals but was hungry a lot. Luckily it was busy at work so kept me distracted!

Doubt i'm gonna be as successful today as it will be quiet and boring which equals boredom eating. Will try my best tho :D

had another good day today! Am trying to cut right down on snacking as i realised i was using a lot of cals on snacks that barely fill me up so am upping my cals at meal times and only having one snack at work IF i'm properly hungry!

As a result i'm coming in under cals and feeling much more satisfied with my meals. Have upped my water intake loads too which is helping :) Gonna try and stay off scales til wi friday and hope this is working xx

i've turned into a classic yo yo dieter!:(

Have had a relative amount of success with calorie counting - including going tee total for 4 weeks- i manage to lose 10lbs

So back to the drawing board and doing what I know works (and sticking to it this time!). I am going to take it one day at a time and aim for 1200-1400 per day and at least for a couple of weeks STAY AWAY FROM THE BOOZE ;)

here's to a fabulous slimmer healthier future xx

These points you made... I completely relate to. I did a calorie controlled diet last Easter for 5 weeks and lost 12lb, I felt great, not as skinny as I wanted to be, but comfortable enough for my holiday... then I went on holiday and the whole counting went down the drain and I couldn't get back into it. I've tried other diets as well, but I seem to work on the calorie ones too.

I've signed up to the Marks and Spencer's Healthy Lifestyle site (mainly because my sister is doing it, and I want to support her, as well as get myself fit) Its got lots of information portion control over carbs, sugars etc. It also calculates loads of things too, what calories you should eat to lose weight at a healthy rate, based on your current weight and level of activity. Weight tracking, Analysis of you current diet and what needs to change. Seems quite good, and then you can just follow the guidelines (you dont have to buy m&s food to follow the rules)

Ive also been picking up supermarket magazines, like the morrisons one, its free and its full of calorie controlled recipes. The look fantastic.

I hope to talk to you again, you've got the same frame of mind as me, I've been looking back on pictures and feeling disappointed I couldn't have looked better. Its a new year, there will be a new me!

Good luck with your dieting. xxx:character00116:

hi prettynpink :D it's been a long haul but i think i've finally got my head around the fact that short term quick fix 'diets' don't work and am now looking to maintaining healthy eating habits. If it takes me all year to get to goal thats fine because i know i will be equipped with the skills and knowledge i need to maintain it forever!!!

Well thats the plan anyway ;) Good luck with your journey hun xx

Had a good day today (so far anyway :)) Spent all morning at my parentstalking about our holiday and plans for my friends wedding that my mum is helping out with which distracted me from the kitchen cupboards a lot!!!

Had really bad back ache for the last 2 days tho but it's more annoying than anything :( Not very optimistic for wi in the morning as been really bloated all week but i won't let it get me down or de rail me! Just gotta persevere and will hopefully be back in the swing of things before long x

STS for me this week but i'm just happy it's not a gain!!!! Back is still hurting, maybe even worse than before but the painkillers make me sleepy so less time for stuffing my face i guess :D

Day off today so just gonna relax then back to the grindstone tomorrow. Tis time next week i WILL be reporting a loss ;)

You will!

OMG i'm in so much pain!!! My niggling back ache has turned into full on muscle spasms :( The pain killers from doctor aren't really working but they certainly make me care less :D will go back to docs on monday if no better!!

foodwise has been quite good as tablets take away my appetite by making me feel queasy but must remember to eat as can't take them on an empty stomach! off to see a singer at the pub later and staying on the wagon will be no problem as i feel woozy enough ;)

Hope it eases up soon

Been MIA for 3 days as my back has gotten even worse an i've gone completely off the wagon :( Went back to the doctors yesterday and they have doubled the dose of my painkillers so they actually work now! Ironically it hurts less to keep moving so by the end of the day at work the pain is manageable but as soon as i sit/lie down for extended periods it hurts again! which really puts a dampener on going to bed at night as every morning i'm back where i started.

Even more frustrating is the fact i'm being told it's just muscle strain but i find it hard to believe i could be in this much pain for this long because of a strain!!! I spained my foot a few years agao and after the initial pain it was just uncomfortable, not enough to make me cry!

Sorry for the ramble but needed to get it written down! Not looking forward to weigh in on friday as i've just been eating what i feel like (admittedly thats not much) and the painkillers seem to make me bloated :( Hopefully the pain will mostly be gone by friday so will be able to pull myself back on the wagon......or be lifted back on if my back is no better ;) xx

Aww hun that sounds awful. I hate when doctors don't listen to you when it's your body it is happening to so you know when something is not the same as something else. Keep at them to make sure its not just strain maybe?

Oh hun, I really hope things start to improve soon. Try not to worry about WI, this is completley out of your control, so there really is nothing you can do about it. When you are better you will be back on it.
Lot's of hugs and love xx :)

thanks ladies!!!

Seems to be a bit better today but still not very comfortable!!! Diet is still out the window, will weigh in tomorrow as scheduled though i'll most likely be looking at the same numbers again............well i hope so as i don't think i deserve a gain :D

Well wi shows that i'm back where i started on new years day so i'm officially putting the last 3 weeks behind me and concentrating on the next 6 weeks of 'operation weight loss' :D

I've got no major events coming up and really wanna use this time to get my act together! Totally focussed and motivated and my back is on the mend so no more excuses :D I know it's worth it!!!

Totally worth it :)

Much much better day today pain wise can almost walk like a normal person ;) Also my 2nd day under calories (as long as i stick to it tonight) and already the bloat has gone a bit despite totm!!! So yay!!!!

Having a quiet weekend in with no temptations but OH is talking bout a takeaway tomorrow but i know how to make the right choices so i'm not too concerned. feeling determned to make a decent dent in my weight over the next 6 weeks while i've got the free time to focus properly :)

Back