When to............................. Move up the steps ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

Just wondering as my consultant mentioned it on Sat.

When did you move up the steps ?

I was 100% SS ( with the exception of planned breaks ) for the 1st 12 weeks since then I have done SS and SS+.

I have JUST less than 2 stone to lose and am wondering if I should wait till week 24 ?

Any suggestions about the best way to do it ? x

Anyone ? ? ? ?

Angel - I have also been chatting to CDC about this tonight. I was going to go up to 810 when my BMI is 25 - 11.5 (same as you). As my weight loss has dropped to 2lbs a week i am going to see what happens on my 810 week (week after next) and if I lose 2lbs that week then I am going to stay on 810 until I get to goal which for me is 11 stones. Have thought about losing a few pounds more but if I do then it will probably be at a slower pace and be on a food diet as I am worried about getting loose skin (at 46 this is likely). Like you, I would love to hear other views.

Me..... I didn't move up the steps until I got to my goal...

However I only had 3st 2lb to lose and ss can feel forever .

Getting to goal on ss was advised by my CDC, I'm now on week 5 of maintaining and not put on a lb!!

During those 5 weeks - I've had 2 packs & a meal... Plus the odd alcohol G&T/Champagne.
My meals have been small portion size.
Salmon
Chicken
Tuna
Atkins lamb curry
Cambridge eat easy
Small jacket potato
Beans
Eggs
Muffins
Pitta bread

I've made my own oat bars for snacks & had the odd piece of chocolate...

Start weight....; 13st2lb.... Goal weight week 11... 10st 1lb... Week 16 9st11lb...

Week 16...only 1 pack a day.. Breakfast : Porridge...

Stay with the plan, keep focused on your goal.. Move up the steps slowly... :):):)

Also... I'm sure the secret is W A T E R... I'm still drinking 4 litre plus throughout the day...

"I've been skinny for 5 weeks" I love it... :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
Thanks for responses girls.
I was thinking I would have to move up before getting to goal but feel better knowing I dont have to. To be honest I read the book and dont feel at the moment ready to eat so much food on some of the higher steps.
If anything once I get to week 24 I may do step 2 for a week, which will take me almost to my wedding ( 8 weeks on Sunday )
I appreciate your responses x x

Back