When to start Maintenance?

bevy

I have got another 14lbs to go until my goal but was going to start maintenance after another 7lbs, my hair is falling out quite badly and I also have a spa + cocktail day with the girls on the 6th June so would like to have done some maintenance by then.... Did everyone start maintenance after reaching goal or did you do it with some weight still to lose?

Thanks

Bev x

I have moved over to the maintenence forum today and I'm not at goal yet... I think you can start maintenance at any point while working up the steps. I am at 1000 step now. Are you still doing SS? I think moving up to 810 could be a good idea... and finishing the steps with food in the picture is really good practice for eating normally again. Good luck, whatever you decide...

xxx

Thanks for replying Katycakes, I had a chat with my CDC last night and I think I am going to start going up the steps from next week tuesday which is my weigh in day, I'm a bit apprehensive but looking forward to it. I have sort of been doing SS 100% monday to thursday and then sticking to low carb meals on the weekends for the last month or so anyway so I know I can eat without going mad.

I will be doing 810 for 2 weeks and then on to the 1000 which I am so excited about because we can introduce fruit again and boy have I missed fruit!!!

Anyway see you soon ladies xx

Think that's a great plan Bevy... see you soon!

xxx

id just like to say bevy you look fantastic and well done! i love your before and after pic's.
how have you found eating at weekends? iv got a lot to lose 13st just over. but i go on holiday in oct and I'm planing to go up the steps a few weeks before i go to prepare me for normal food. I'm hopping to SS when i get back off my holiday to finish off.

Bevy, second what Angel has said... amazing pics! Wow!

Angel, good luck on your journey!

xxx

Thanks for the compliments Angel and Katy :eek: I can't believe I actually enjoy getting ready for a night out now :D

Angel, I had a few meals and functions planned as we all do all through my CD journey and I would always go for the carb free options on a menu if out, like steak, chicken or gammon with egg, mushrooms and green salad and then I would immediately SS 100% the next day onwards until my next planned meal. Lately I have been taking the weekends off (well sort of) I SS 100% mon - thurs and then Friday I have packet chicken - you know the little trays of cold chargrilled chicken pieces (one packet split into two meals) for breakfast (well brunchish) and lunch with lettuce, cucumber and pickled red cabbage and then either fish, steak or some other protein with a bit of veg or salad for my evening meal..... i have every now and again enjoyed 1 sausage, 1 slice bacon and an egg if I have been away and breakfast is paid for but I try and stay under 500 - 600 calories and the one thing I don't touch at all is carbs.

I know a lot of people won't agree with how I have done the CD journey but my CDC told me from the beginning that it has to fit into my life and I need to do whatever works for me and this works for me :)

I also try and do 20 mins a day on the cross trainer especially if I am going out for a meal or having a nice meal in with my partner...

The only time I introduced carbs was during xmas week when I took 3 days off and it was so hard to get back into ketosis that I promised myself never again!!!

Good luck on your journey I am sure you will do brilliantly xxxx

your right it has got to fit in with your life. i think its great how you have managed to lose and still plan in advance for functions and weekends. i think it gives you something to look forward too. x

Aaaww thanks Cicerone, I feel absolutely great and on maintenance now so the end is almost near :D

Your pics are amazing, well done! How's maintenance going??

Back