300 Calories When to weigh

Mstempt

Hi all, when is the best time to weigh, I know it should be after a down day but started last monday so today is a up day, I weighed this morn and it says ive lost just under 3 pounds, on wed I weighed and it said I'd lost 6 pounds, I've put on three and am doing alternate days of 500/2000 and my up days have not been over indulgent at all, I know u should not weigh all the time but it's disheartening, I'm used to doing vlcd and think these diets have messed my head up as I expect to lose half a stone a week lol, dies this diet really work? X
Don't know why the top of this says 300 cals, I've done something wrong lol xxx

Don't panic!

The scales swing very alarmingly on a daily basis for most of us. Some, like me, started off weighing every day just to see how much they moved, it was interesting but not at all helpful.

So now I weigh on the morning of an Up Day after a Down Day, for me that is Tuesday. But I often forget as, again like many others, I have found that a tape measure is a far better guide to what you are losing.

You also need to forget all of the diet rules you have probably stuck to on other diets. This one is a lifestyle, not a weight loss programme. The main benefits are to your health and the wieght loss is a happy side affect. The loss is healthy and averages out to be quite slow, about 1 - 2 lbs per week rather than the half stone a week some vlcd diets give. You may start off with more, you may stall for a couple of weeks, but if you stick to it you will get smaller.

The 300kcals is a new headery thing, I haven't looked at it yet!

Thanks for that, I'm doing alternate days so in theory Tom is weigh day but today is an up day, maybe I shall try and leave it another week before weighing, I do want to do this to lose weight more and have managed to stick to it do far so shall have to accept the low weight loses, at least I'm happy on this diet unlike when I was just in shakes xxx

That seems to be a really common thought here... being happy, even on the DDs.

Johnson says that the psychological aspects are one of the big reasons for it working for weight loss. It may take a bit longer, but you get there and feel human while you are doing it!

2012willdoit said:

Johnson says that the psychological aspects are one of the big reasons for it working for weight loss. It may take a bit longer, but you get there and feel human while you are doing it!

Amen to that! :D

P x

2012willdoit said:

That's a triple yayyer :-D

Back