When will I go into ketosis?

liannem

Just started today, never got beyond 1 day on induction yet (tried once before)

Was just wondering on average how long it took most of you to go into ketosis and how long does it last?

Xx

How long does ketosis last? It lasts as long as you're eating low carb. If you then go off plan you come out of ketosis and regain water weight which is why cheating on Atkins is a bad idea ;)

It varies from person to person but it can take an average of between 2 and 5 days of induction level eating to get into Ketosis.

Thank u very much :) I am thinking of doing induction right down to my goal weight (25 pounds roughly to lose). Do you know if this would work or not? I have read stories of people that have done this and gone into maintenance without gaining at all. X

I started the diet on Monday and have stuck to it quite strictly and it took 3 days for me to go into ketosis. Really enjoying the diet.

Plenty of people stay on induction throughout their weight loss phase, it's absolutely fine to do so.

Ive lost a stone already on induction and I plan to stay on it for the rest of the 35lb I need to lose :)
Good luck xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am on day 3 and really enjoying the plan.

I seem to be losing lots of weight (probably 3 lb so far) but my Ketostix tell me I am at the lowest level '+' (is this even considered ketosis yet I wonder?) Should I expect that the colour will darken as I continue with the plan?

From personal experience I wouldn't take the stix on too much, aslong as ur sticking to plan u will stay firmly in ketosis :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back