when will i learn

greentea

ive been so down all week because ive been jumping on and off the scales every day and couldnt see a change in my weight. However at my weigh in last night i lost another 4lbs which meens ive lost 2lbs short of 3 stone in 7 weeks.
i really need to get those scales in the bin and stop punishing myself when there is no need.

p.s i am now lighter than i was when i left school 12 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Greentea - here is a dare for you....I challenge you to bin them RIGHT now while you are talking about it. :)

You know it only causes you unnecessary stress - why put yourself through it?? If you decide to keep them, then you are accepting the fact it will upset you and make this more difficult then it needs to be. ;)

Go on now - in the bin.

AND - CONGRATS on your loss!!!! See - you do NOT need your scale to lose weight.

But you do need them to cause you upset....if thats what you are after. :) So - whats the decision? :D

Go on - you know you want to - BIN THEM!!! :D

Good luck honey ether way- and nice to hear from you, was beginning to wonder where you were. :)

xx

Oh GT i am so glad you have noticed this, i know you have been down
Like BL says BIN THEM..BIN THEM DO IT NOW.
you dont need them, you have ll's
xxxxxxxxxxxx

thats it done ladies, my mum has taken them away from me, ive been staying away from here because i was having a really negative couple of weeks but im back on track now.

I have to agree with the ladies above, GT!

I used to weigh myself all the time. Now I don't. I just wait for session on a Wednesday and now, the only time I feel anxious at all is on a Wednesday when I convince myself I have put weight on. Which is really daft and something and defo need to work on!

Ur doing so well honey. Don't pay any attention to your naughty scales only how you FEEL!

B x

BIN THEM, BIN THEM, BIN THEM!!!! :D

Alternatively give them to family or friends so they are not in your house!!!

Mine are living at my mums and I have to say Im way more happier with them out of the house there is no temptation to hop on and off throughout the day! Why put yourself thru all that when you dont need to!

Oh was a bit late on posting that there.

Well done you dont need them!

thats it done ladies, my mum has taken them away from me, ive been staying away from here because i was having a really negative couple of weeks but im back on track now.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE GT!!!!

I know that scales are very important for some, so that may have a very tough thing for you to do.

Its a very good move towards a healthy relationship with food and your bod.

Well done hon.

And, its the down times in our lives that this forum is so beneficial and helpful....bear that in mind next time you struggle with anything.

You are not alone. ;) :)

xx

Well done GT! Brilliant! I can't bear to throw mine away just yet - they are so complimentary!! Haha... however, I am proud to say I don't get on them daily anymore - only probably once mid week.

At the end of the diet I will probably start weighing weekly - just so I can keep an eye on it - although I'm tempted to just judge weight on how I fit in my clothes and ignore the numbers. Scary concept though!

oh blimey i'm terrible about weighing myself, got some crap old scales and i move them all over the bathroom and landing to find the best weight. only in the morning ofcourse after a poo and before drinks!!
don't take too much notice of them tho its just a thrill to see it moving down.
babs

Good decision GT

I don't have any scales. Every week at WI is so exciting waiting to see how much more has gone.
It works best that way for me. Try it.:scale:

oh blimey i'm terrible about weighing myself, got some crap old scales and i move them all over the bathroom and landing to find the best weight. only in the morning ofcourse after a poo and before drinks!!
don't take too much notice of them tho its just a thrill to see it moving down.
babs
Ha Ha Ha - I do exactly the same - it's so good to know I'm not the only one!!! :D:D:D

After my very first LL weigh in, I got my scales out to see how they compared to the LLC's (prior to that they had been banished to the bottom of the bathroom cupboard!)... so I got them out, jumped on and............................... they were broken LOL.... so that solved that problem - I have no choice except to just go by LL weigh in!! xx

Back