When will you but clothes in a smaller size?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I currently have 2 pairs of jeans - my fav's which have a hole in the inner thigh from my bloody legs rubbing together :(
And another pair which frankly are falling off my arse at the moment cos my belly isnt as big as it was !:)
I really dont want to buy anything new just yet as its still early days - For you ladies who have lost a fair amount, when did you go smaller clothes shopping?

I bought new clothes once I reached size 14 I think, I lost nearly 5 stone on Cambridge Diet last year, unfortunately have put back on a stone so am trying to lose it using SW and a bit extra besides, but I started buying clothes when I could buy them in a size 14 or when my trousers were blatantly falling down.... lol Tops I wasn't so bothered about...

Well done you! My jeans really are perilously close to embarrassing me!
I dont like belts cos i find them uncomfortable....... Hmmmm what to do......

my jeggings do that and its soooo annoying!! they was my favourite to... and my jeans do that but its just coz i have hips ad nothing stays on them grrrrr...

cant wait til its down o weightloss... enjoying losing weight buy cheap jeans in every size lol

How are you finding it Gemma cos we started the same time?
I have weigh ins on a wednesday though - eeeekkkk tonight!

I already have loads in a size 14 as my hubby bought me loads and loads of stuff when i had my baby.
xx

Awww bless him Tara
Ive made a pile of my biggest stuff in size 22 that i plan to never ever wear again and im gonna put it all on ebay.... Then the next size down etc and keep the money in my paypal account until i can shop in Primark a size 18 ( big ambitions me!) and then go on a spree!!!

How are you finding it Gemma cos we started the same time?
I have weigh ins on a wednesday though - eeeekkkk tonight!

okayish 1st week
lost it on 2nd week
100% on 3rd week

3rd week lost 3.5lb and got slimmer of wek... only thing im struggling is ive never been a cookand finding different foods to eat within my budget is difficult lol

Wow well done you!!!!!
Yeah I know what you mean, we have 3 kids so our budget is pretty tight too.
Sausage, egg, chips and beans is cheap and lovely
Also lasy night i made a big pan of Leek & Potato soup which was dead cheap to do and lovely and of course free of syns!!

I buy new clothes when I can take off my trousers without undoing them!!
Always find that buying clothes that fit gives my confidence an enourmous boost, as you always look better in something which fits well.
I was lucky that I had a range of clothes in smaller sizes in the loft, but I do also love 2nd hand clothes shopping - you can get some absolute bargains!!!

Wow well done you!!!!!
Yeah I know what you mean, we have 3 kids so our budget is pretty tight too.
Sausage, egg, chips and beans is cheap and lovely
Also lasy night i made a big pan of Leek & Potato soup which was dead cheap to do and lovely and of course free of syns!!

yea we have 2 kids... whis both birthday are in 3-5weeks so budget is super tight at minute... if im honest before this diet was living on everything processed... iceland was my best friend\!!!... so i got to changwe my entire habit

I didn't buy new clothes until I was approaching target and my old clothes were falling off.
I donated all my "fat" clothes to the charity shop so I don't have them to fall back on.
My advice would be to buy the basics in the size you are now and then hang on until you are where you want to be.

When I can get my trousers on and off with out unfastening them, then it's time to have a rummage in the loft. I have an array of sizes up there :eek:

Tops I'm not too bothered by though. I usually only stop wearing something if someone makes a comment.

i bought a pair of jeans a few sizes smaller than what i was at the start and they fit now and have done the last 2 weeks :D

only prob is they are now getting to big lol

I live in leggings atm as they are comfortable and cheap to replace when they get out of shape or too big :D

i have weigh in tonight aswell :D

Good luck Weedoll - keep us posted!
I dont think the world is ready to see my legs in leggings just yet though!

Not sure what size you are but this for any1 that reads..
new look do jeans that quite stretch and very comfortable.

8-18 - £10
18-24 - £12

there leg sizes are 28"-34" so great for little people too (im 5ft 2 and hav sall legs)

I have a prize pair of true religion jeans which my other half bought me last weekend which were stupid amounts of money...I can get them on and do them up but the muffin top is still to much to wear them...so they are my goal jeans.
Up until now I have just gone and bought cheap ones from tescos for £8 a pair which have done me just fine!
I have also now got rid of most of my big clothes just so I cant slip back into bad habits!

I have been buying the odd thing before it actually fits me usually in sales I started my diet at a size 16-18 and I picked up a pair of jeans in a 14 and a 12 for fiver ages ago I now wear the 14s and the 12 is not too far off :)
Great incentives and each time I try them on I say to myself nearly there keep going you will get there soon.

Ive also had a few shocks bought some size 12 jeggings to slim in to and when they arrived (bought them online) they fit! :)
Leggings are always good because whatever size they say they will usually still fit one size up or down :)

I dream of wearing leggings - not just yet though me thinks ;)

Good tip Gemma

Back