When will you but clothes in a smaller size?

why not wear legging with a denim skirt ?? thats what i have on now

Im quite small and have quite skinny legs which always looked awful when i was heavier with a big rubber ring for a belly and these wee legs that i looked like i had stolen from someone else lol

i wear clothes with the outlook if i like them then screw what anyone else thinks. as long as i am comfortable thats all that matters lol

not sure if this actually works - have read it somewhere on here. If you wash your jeans at 60 degrees they should shrink a size, am planning on trying that once mine are falling down!

xxx

Hey anythings worth a try Rach!
Wee doll - I dont think i would dare go out in leggings just yet but thanks for the tip....Only a matter of time though and i will be in them!!! Im determined!

I bought a pair of jeans in asda the other day for £10, 2 sizes smaller than I used to need for asda jeans to fit me, and they fit! I was down to my last pair of intact/fitting jeans, so thought i'd get a wee cheap pair to tide me over whilst I yearn for the size 14s :p

I went from size 24 to 10 and bought clothes in most sizes on the way down, they didn't do me long but I bought them from charity shops and didn't cost much. It made me feel good to have things that fitted. I was off on maternity leave, so had plenty of time to trawl the charity shops, and didn't need a lot since wasn't going to work. And had time to keep up with laundry.

I have been buying clothes as I have needed to, for the main reason of bigger clothes made me feel/look bigger & so better fitting clothes gave me so much more confidence & kept me motervated to stay on plan.

I am loving my new wardrobe - my bank account isn't but hayho!!

Im only on week 3 so still a ways to go but looking forward to the nicer clothes shopping :)

I tend to buy new clothes when they just look like tents lol. I have only brought the bare minimum though, until I get to target and then I will have a blow out.

charity shops darling lol

Or ebay - some good bargains to be had

When I lose weight I just end up putting darts in my trousers. Also, as I mainly wear leggings and baggy tops at the moment, my leggings always fit. I don't intend on buying new clothes until I get near target. I have a wedding to pay for which means no luxuries.

If there's a special occassion coming up I might buy an outfit that fits properly but, otherwise, I'm getting away with what I already own.

I went from a size 28/30 to 16. I found that as soon as I had to turn the waist band over on what ever I was wearing, then it was time for me to go down a size! I have had a couple of embarrasing times when my trousers have fallen down! eeek!!!
Charity shops are great for a bargain and I often get smaller clothes in Asda or Tesco when they are in the sales.

My jeans are getting quite big on me already so I think I'll need to get a new pair soon, and the leggings I wore yesterday kept falling down! And so are all my pants. I'm going to end up really embarassing myself some day soon!

Thats me too cupotea - I didnt expect to feel my clothes loose this soon but these jeans defo are!
Maybe when i go to get weighed tonight i will have done rather well ;)

im hoping to lose a good amount tonight but i deffo dont feel like i have .... i really want to fit into a new dress for saturday

I've only lost 8lbs but have dropped a size and already treated myself to a new pair of trousers. Even though I'm hoping not to be in them for too long it's such a moral booster to be able to fit into them each morning when I'm getting ready and has really kept me going this week.
I think if you can afford it then treat yourself to at least one item of clothing as we all deserve to look our best :)

I definatly agree with that, it doesnt make you feel good wondering round in huge clothes, pick something up cheaply that you like once you drop a size, you will just feel the confidence boost as soon as you put it on...and then the comments start as people can actually see you have lost weight...far better than wandering round till things fall down!

I agree with Ruby, when you can put them on and off without unbuttoning them its time to buy new jeans/trousers, but i buy inexpensive ones from supermarkets etc (even m&s sell cheap jeans, i paid £7 for a pair last yr!) and my most expensive pairs are £22 from next. but they definitely make you feel better when they fit and youve no need to spend alot.

I buy new clothes whenever I see something in the charity shop or on eBay that I like. Never buy anything new. My clothes are a constant recycling operation - they go back where they came from when they are too big.

I have just been into a charity shop in Reading and saw three blouses which I swear are the ones I donated some months ago. I like to think that someone bought them, wore them, lost weight and donated them back again!

Back