When will you but clothes in a smaller size?

i just had a bit of a spending spree today and spent £40 on 4 going out dresses from a shop going into administration, i also went through my wardrobe and brutally removed anything that doesnt fit or is really just done. i too have been wearing jeans with holes in the thighs and i need to tidy up!!

i buy stuff when i need it at whatever fits at the time but anything i buy now wont be rediculously big when i reach target

Im going to treat myself to the new look £10 jeans, in a 12 (just hope they will fit)
Im 1lb off of a 2st loss so I should have gone down a size by now! x If they fit maybe I will take a photo

Top of my job list for the weekend is to clear out my wardrobe. Although I haven't lost any weight yet on SW this time round I have already lost 17lb before starting back & there r clothes in that wardrobe that def need to be removed. Hideous out of shapes t-shirts, bobbly fleecys, inner thigh threadbare jeans need I go on. There is more than enough 'decent' clothes there to last until I need a smaller size. Funny thing is I only have big clothes there really is nothing that will do as I drop down the sizes. Will def take the advice from others & check out the charity shops etc

I buy new clothes when the old stuff is too loose, i go to asda pick up 1 pair of jeans, 1pair of combats and two pairs of work trousers. I do miss having tonnes of stuff to chose from but I have decided too save the cash and have more to spend when I reach target!

Hopefully will squeeze into a 12 soonish! :) *fingers crossed*

So far I have only had to buy a new pair of work pants and a new shirt (both cheap ones). I'm lucky I have a few cool t-shirts to slim into, although I'm already starting to fit in them and some are getting baggy-eeeeek! I also have two size 18 pairs of jeans I can now fit in to :D I know I'm gonna have to buy new clothes eventually, but hopefully I will have a job by then ;)

Ive dropped from a 26 to an 18....along the way I would buy new jeans at each dress size and tops every other dress size unless had a posh do to go to.
Most of my clothes came from Matalan, Asda and Tesco....when you can buy jeans for around £10-15 it makes it more cost effective.
Go on treat yourself.....spur you on for the next size below that too ;)
x

Got one pair of jeans a few months ago to motivate me, they're a size 10 I think, still not anywhere near fitting into them though :( Have had to buy three new pairs of jeans (all from Primark, I knew what would happen to any pair of jeans I bought, no matter the quality :() since last Sept due to the weight piling on - first pair I really wore out, size 12, they have a huge hole in the legs too :eek: and the second pair were skinnies, size 12, I was kidding myself every time I wore them :( and the third pair, size 12, straight leg, they've been beautiful so far, a teeny bit tight when they come out of the wash but my ass stretches them out pretty fast ;) Also during the time since Sept, I managed to rip my first ever pair of Gap jeans that I've had for 9 years :'(

Now I've decided not to spend any significant amount of money on clothing... Once I can start nicking my size 6/8 sister's clothes, I'll be happy to buy a couple of pairs of nice jeans to go with them ;)

I have lost 7 stone so far. I also hate belts, so I used coloured ribbon as it much more comfy and less restrictive. As I was shirinking I did a mixture of things:

- raided friends and families wardrobes. All girlies have stuff that is too big or too small, you will be suprised what people have
- suggest a clothes swap session in your group. People are all at different stages, there may be someone who is a little smaller than u wondering what to do with her baggy jeans
- eBay, I bought a massive bundle of size 16 clothes recently for £40 and there were well over 40 items in it
- charity shops are apparently good, but I never went there because i didn't have the time to rummage
- then there is tesco, adds, primark matalan. All cheap and cheerful

if you buy trousers with belt loops and invest in ribbon they will last longer. Wrap tops are good as you can keep tightening them. Keep oversize shirts to wear over vest tops and just don't do up all the buttons. Fold over the tops of leggings and jeggings to keep them up a bit longer. If you are brave, u can always belt baggy tops round your waist. I know you said u don't like belts, but they don't have to be tight, they are only there to give you shape.

But what a great problem to have!!!!

I've gone from a 24/26 to a 20. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was still wearing my size 24s. I stepped in a tub of paint (don't ask lol) & ruined my size 24 work trousers. Tried on an old pair of 18s & they fit (yay!!!) so I've gone into those for work. I'm not in an 18 yet, I've just got a couple of pairs that are a bit looser than usual!

For weekends I've bought two pairs of those really cheap £4 jeans from Asda, because I'm a cheapskate. I'm still wearing my old tops (size 22s & 24s), they just look baggier! I won't pay a lot for my clothes until I'm at a size I'm happy with.

I have been buying clothes as I have needed to, for the main reason of bigger clothes made me feel/look bigger & so better fitting clothes gave me so much more confidence & kept me motervated to stay on plan.

I am loving my new wardrobe - my bank account isn't but hayho!!

Me too! I think we deserve a treat if we can manage to afford it! Its nice to have something to wear out that flatters where you are at now I think or all the hard work doesn't pay off for far too long! but I do need to calm down a little now!

I started at a size 24 and am currently in a 16 , every time I went down a size I just popped to a charity shop, you can pick up nearly new jeans for about £3 !! so I have bought a few pairs of jeans and tops in each size for a few pounds and I will buy new clothes when I get to target :)

Back